ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839152
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
peaceypeacey
peaceypeacey
43 posts
Nomad

The Future is Black

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

well so far, as far as i know anyway, the only time they've ever added the flamethrower was in black ops

The M2 Flamethrower was avalible as a perk in WaW. But it was patheticaly weak, if I remember right.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Submitted before I wanted to...

anyway just be glad it isn't as effective as it is in reality, in real life you wouldn't have to be within 10 feet of one of them to be killed by it, it may be different for hardcore mode but still it's not nearly as powerful as it is in reality

They got nerfed when they were put into the games. A 40mm HE Grenade from an M203 is insanely powerful. The grenade launchers you see on the sides of helicopters use the same round, and my uncle told me about one time when he put a round through a hole in a wall, and killed eight guys in a 20x20 courtyard.
L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

I knew they were very powerful, but a 20x20 feet blast radius? thats just about unfair. If they are going to put grenade launchers in with that much power they need to be a 4-6 killstreak. Just sayin.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

Well they are going to put them in drago but they will not be that powerful and not a killstreak

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

I never said they would. I said that IF they were going to then they would need t oput it as a killstreak. I never said that they were going to.
-Drag0

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I knew they were very powerful, but a 20x20 feet blast radius? thats just about unfair. If they are going to put grenade launchers in with that much power they need to be a 4-6 killstreak. Just sayin.

I was talking about real life, not a game.

Besides, in the realm of modern warfare, I want my weapons to be as powerful and as unfair to the other guy as possible.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

yeah but they're also as powerful and unfair against you, just sayin

~manly

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

~manly

And so balance is . If only you could tell them that. You can have a super power grenade launcher, but make the reload time really long so they can get one shot off. Sure you have a one shot kill sniper but it's bolt action. Sure you have a full auto no kick weapon with hi mobility and a fast reload but..... but nothing, the acr has no weakness. The mw2 one was more balanced because it did alot less damage. The mw3 kills just as fast as anything else.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

Sure you have a full auto no kick weapon with hi mobility and a fast reload but..... but nothing, the acr has no weakness. The mw2 one was more balanced because it did alot less damage. The mw3 kills just as fast as anything else.
i didn't really like the ACR in MW3 as much as i did in MW2 there was just something different that i didn't like about it, but that is a good point about the ACR6.8, in MW2 there was the F200, good rate of fire and just the right amount of kick to where it's good, but you don't feel like killing(in real life) the person who killed you with it, i only really feel like that when i get killed with the type95, which unfortunately will be in black ops 2.

~manly
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

which unfortunately will be in black ops 2.

Treyarch's idea of balance =/= Infinity Ward's.

Which means they probably won't make it as powerful as it is now.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

You do realize I was still talking about real life, right?

Treyarch's idea of balance =/= Infinity Ward's.

If I've noticed anything about Treyarch, it's that they make one or two guns extremely powerful (MP40, Famas) and then make everything else next to worthless.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I agree with the MP40 being overpowered, but they nerfed the famas by adding more recoil. It's most comparable to the aug - main difference being that one of them recoils up and to the right while the other goes up and to the left. They have high rates of fire which means they won't perform well at long ranges, so the other assault rifles will be better at long range.

But they didn't offer much variety in terms of weapons. You either choose one of the two high rate of fire assault rifles if you want to dominate close range or any of the others for long range. All the others have the same damage, recoil, and range, which is probably why many think the multiplayer is boring.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

I think all the assualt rifles in BO were pretty well balanced out. Well... maybe not the Enfield. Still BO was a very balanced game after the famas nerf. It is my personnal favorite CoD at the moment. Also who in here agrees that chopper gunner is OP?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well... maybe not the Enfield.

The enfield is the same as every assault rifle excluding the two with high rates of fire.
Also who in here agrees that chopper gunner is OP?

It's not difficult to take down and is one of the few killstreaks that actually kill. It's also harder to get because your killstreaks don't stack.
Showing 2566-2580 of 3990