ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839171
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

You can also easily get a nuke by camping in a house with OMA and Danger Close and spam the whole house with claymores.

oh, and sorry for double posting but you can only put two claymores down.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

the shotguns were balanced

The AA-12 and the Spas were not balanced.

The ACR and RPD were not overpowered.

The ACR was a sniper with no recoil. The RPD took about 2-3 shots to kill someone.

I think quickscoping was kinda more difficult in mw2 than mw3.

In Mw2 the scope zooms in less quicker than in Mw3 and in Mw3 the hit detection was a little better.

but you can only put two claymores down

& you can just put another one when one explodes that's what I meant by spamming.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

What you say is all opinion. I think the ACR did little damage and that is me. It isn't about what's OP in a game that makes me want to play it, it's how fun it is.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The AA-12 and the Spas were not balanced.

They were. AA-12 had piss poor range but was very effective in close range and the spas was a pump action with decent range. Shotguns need to be good at something in these games.
The ACR was a sniper with no recoil.

Most guns in MW2 had little recoil, but I thought the ACR was fine; low damage and no recoil. The only gun I had a major problem with in MW2 was the ump - 3 hit kill from any distance.
you can just put another one when one explodes that's what I meant by spamming.

Sitrep is a perk for a reason, there's also blast shield.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

In Mw2 the scope zooms in less quicker than in Mw3 and in Mw3 the hit detection was a little better.
for me, like the only thing i didn't like about MW2 was quickscoping. if you play it now on Xbox then you'll find that about 40% of the people are doing it, i hate it so much it completely gets rid of the gun balance because you can effectively use it at close range so you don't have to switch so that it is unbeatable and you say that those other guns were OP. The AA12 and the spas don't even have as much range as any shotgun does in real life, tell me what real shotgun can't hit a person at 20 feet? i thought not, next time you have an arguement, think it through.

~manly man
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Sitrep is a perk for a reason, there's also blast shield.

You rather go with Sitrep than Ninja? Ninja can save your life better than Sitrep because you can hear your footsteps very easily in Mw2. Blast shield is a waste of equipment, it doesn't help at all if the enemy is using Danger Close.

The AA12 and the spas don't even have as much range as any shotgun does in real life, tell me what real shotgun can't hit a person at 20 feet? i thought not, next time you have an arguement, think it through.

LMFAO it's a videogame. If it was suppose to be realistic then the snipers would always be a one shot kill. The barrett can easily send you flying in real life and I always seem to get hitmarkers in the game.
Tell me how do you take out someone camping at the doorway with an AA-12?
I like how shotguns were actually a primary weapon rather than a secondary weapon in Mw3, at least they weren't as annoying like in Mw2.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You rather go with Sitrep than Ninja?

Yeah, hearing their footsteps louder plus seeing enemy equipment is great.
I like how shotguns were actually a primary weapon rather than a secondary weapon in Mw3, at least they weren't as annoying like in Mw2.

But now they're complete garbage unless you want to spend an hour or two getting damage, and even then they are still inconsistent. Damage and range should be built in and they should always dominate at close range, especially the pump actions since if you don't kill with the first shot you'll most likely die.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

LMFAO it's a videogame. If it was suppose to be realistic then the snipers would always be a one shot kill. The barrett can easily send you flying in real life and I always seem to get hitmarkers in the game.
i say this in the words of some other dude on armor games, call of duty is the only place where a headshot to the foot doesn't kill you but a knife to the does. the barret wouldn't always be one shot one kill only in certain areas, and matrix is right on, well everything in that last post

~manly man is reminded of Highfire
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

for me, like the only thing i didn't like about MW2 was quickscoping. if you play it now on Xbox then you'll find that about 40% of the people are doing it, i hate it so much it completely gets rid of the gun balance because you can effectively use it at close range so you don't have to switch so that it is unbeatable and you say that those other guns were OP. The AA12 and the spas don't even have as much range as any shotgun does in real life, tell me what real shotgun can't hit a person at 20 feet? i thought not, next time you have an arguement, think it through.

Most snipers get hit markers a lot more and snipers are difficult to use at close range against smgs with .5 second kills. Also, most quick scopers use bolt action, so you can kill one and thats it unless the people suck or your right by cover. If you can quick scope against the fmgs, acrs, type95s and mp7s, good for you. The thing I hate are the people who think they are cool and run around with a gillie suit and fmg9s. That's annoying.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Most snipers get hit markers a lot more and snipers are difficult to use at close range against smgs with .5 second kills. Also, most quick scopers use bolt action, so you can kill one and thats it unless the people suck or your right by cover. If you can quick scope against the fmgs, acrs, type95s and mp7s, good for you. The thing I hate are the people who think they are cool and run around with a gillie suit and fmg9s. That's annoying.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

no no no, NO! you misread the first part i was talking about MW2 not MW3, i hate many a thing more about MW3 than just quickscoping that's not at the top of my list, the top of the list would most certainly be the maps, second would be the support and i've already put a list a couple of pages ago so i won't make another one with slight revisions

~manly man
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

oh and matrix is right, shotguns should be the king of close range and yes it does suck that they are now primaries. currently have a class with an AA12 as a primary and a five seven i think as a secondary and you know it's just not too effective, i have gotten like a 7 kill streak with it but it still isn't right, the only time i've ever really gotten into a shotgun was before i had prestiged, i used the striker and i got to level 32 or whatever the max level is, anywho the only reason i got it to that level and did awesome with it is because i had an M4A1 as a primary and the striker as a second primary

~manly man

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Have you guys seen the new BO2 gameplay yet? Go check it out!

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

AA-12 is a beast with damage. Just has bad range. No matter what though, mw2 AA-12 still wins. If you have a good trigger finger, you can outplay someone with a shotgun with a pistol.

Flank, spam the barret, have a shotgun, be a boss, noob tube, and oh did i mention flank?
I have some good mw2 classes that are fun to use so here they are

MP5K Extended Mags
PP2000 akimbro
Marathon
Lightweight
Steady Aim or Sitrep
Throwing knife
Stun
Tactic: Just run around looking for enemies in ground war, it's juiced unlimited

AUG HBAR FMJ
AT4-HS
Sleight of Hand
Danger Close
Commando or Sitrep
Tactical Insertion
Stun
Tactic: Control one part of the map with your tactical insertion, an if your caught reloading or just spawned, knife them.

M21 EBR silenced extended mags
PP2000 silencer extended mags
Bling
cold blooded
ninja
throwing knife
stun
Tactic: stay hidden and make sure you always have the advantage over the enemies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Have you guys seen the new BO2 gameplay yet?

Can anyone say Michael Bay film? Yeah, explosions going off everywhere. But other than that I think the aesthetics look good. It looks like they really improved the lighting and texture from Black Ops.
Showing 2671-2685 of 3990