ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839325
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Wait, so let's say I get to final prestige level 55, that means that whatever guns and perks I bought I'm stuck with forever?

I don't know, but I know that if you prestige and refund your tokens then everything you unlocked before will now be locked and you'll have a chance to unlock other things. I'm not sure if tokens have a limit each prestige, but if they do I'll assume you get more when you prestige to unlock things you haven't unlocked. Still, I wouldn't recommend refunding your tokens. From the three options they give you on the first prestige an extra custom class looks best. I heard that as you prestige you get more options. Like first prestige gives you three, I heard when you prestige again you'll get four options.

Though I wouldn't prestige until we see some videos of others doing so and explaining it.
First of all, the spawning.

I have little to no issues with the spawning. They put you in a safe place, but at the same time you better get moving when you spawn. People are bound to find you if you just sit there. If you're playing ground war, it's a huge difference. 18 people on these maps, you're bound to get some bull**** spawns. Nothing they can do about it. Everyone doesn't move in a group, they take separate paths. Black Ops 2 is fast paced. Tons of people complained about BO1 being too slow, so they sped it up... yet people still complain.

The issues I consider important:
- Matchmaking taking forever, "need more players to balance teams" when the lobby is full
- Lag in multiplayer and zombies (new game, bound to happen, but I hope they don't ignore this)
- Occasional freezing (played for a few hours today and the game has freezed like three times)
- Assault rifles being too weak (after some playing today I've updated my status on this, was playing a few matches with the AR's and when I got first shot on enemies with SMG's they destroyed me)

The first three should be easy for them to fix, but I'm not so sure about the fourth. If they nerf the SMG's too much, nobody will use them. If they buff the AR's too much, nobody will use the SMG's. They need to find some middle ground. Maybe decreasing the damage on the SMG's because they all have insanely high fire rates.

A lot of people complained about the SMG's in Black Ops 1 being useless, but now they seem like the best guns to use.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Sorry for the rant guys. But I'm a huge zombie lover and I've been disappointed at the highest of levels. Maybe my expectations were too high, I dunno. Let me know what you guys think.

I think our expectations are fine. The developers did talk about zombies a few times saying that they've been focusing a lot on it, but I just don't see it. I played some BO1 zombies earlier and it's way more fun than BO2 zombies. Maps/colours look better (BO2 is just too foggy/dark), the maps have more size and less clutter, tons of weapons on walls and in the box, things like dogs and the scientist guy on Five making it that much more fun, and clear areas you can watch close to each other without getting surprised from behind.

Take Kino for example, four windows in the beginning, all relatively close to each other and easy to monitor. Now take farm/barn in BO2, two-three windows all very far from each other and zombies can randomly sprout up from the ground. Then there's the house, a window on the second floor then the zombies can jump 10 feet in the air to flank you... Also, exploding zombies. Very annoying, I much prefer the crawlers from BO2, at least you had time to get away from them and when knifed they didn't explode.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Ah man, the lag comp is amazing, even when my Internet connection is awful there's still very little lag.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I prestiged. Everything is locked, but when you unlock weapons they're the same level as before and the attachments are still there. You get one token to permanently unlock whatever you want each prestige, I used my first one on ghost. I also chose to get another custom class in the awards section.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

So, I have Black Ops 2, but I'm not allowed play it until Christmas. D:

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I will admit I jumped the gun when it came to what I thought about zombies. Although I still think that zombies is amazing... it is more of same old, little new. The tranzit idea is probably one of the worst game modes I have ever played. I find it incredibly boring and even with friends some of the ideas are confusing and unnecessary. Survival is still great, but I shouldn't be happy with that alone. I still enjoy survival but that fire map with exploding zombies is really annoying and once you start comparing to maps like ascension I can see why you guys don't like the maps (Quick note, I never liked kino). The light in the tunnel for me is nuketown zombies but even though it is good you don't get some of the perks till round 15 and it is annoying to play without jug.

Grief I find fun if you're on a team playing against randoms. It feels great to trap them in corners and stop them getting jug but once you play another full party it becomes a race to the control building which gets boring fast.

MP I have yet to play but so far I've been playing campaign and although it is not amazing I still find it fun. I never liked the original black ops campaign but this one is actually quite interesting.

Next is MP. I'm not going in yet till the lag issue fixes itself so I'll finish campaign once or twice and then hop into MP. I am usually bad at MP so maybe this game I might be good? Probably not.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm not going in yet till the lag issue fixes itself so I'll finish campaign once or twice and then hop into MP.

I hear others complaining about this but I rarely experience it. I usually get 4 bars with no lag and my internet connection is pretty average.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

The servers are messed up. My ps3 frozen up tonight while using the emblem editor too, but that was after about 4 hours straight of gaming.

I heard if your in any menu when the game starts on ps3 it causes the game to freeze so make sure you aren't in any to stop this until they patch it.

I'm going to get in on pc hopefully in the next few days just sold my xbox so I can get some stuff inc BO2
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I like the new prestige system. You lose less and gain more. It's pretty cool. This should stop those annoying people who don't prestige.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I hear others complaining about this but I rarely experience it. I usually get 4 bars with no lag and my internet connection is pretty average.

Me either. The new connection system is clean. They match it by connection, not by location.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Didn't recognize you at first with the new armatar and was surprised to find that someone else gets annoyed by those who never prestige. Is it because (like me) they get to the last level get all the guns unlocked then keep the good guns as long as they want whilst the rest of us only get them for a short period of time? Or is it for some other reason?

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Alright so I just went online after finishing campaign. I actually really enjoyed it. More than I expected to. Got the best ending first (I was really lucky at parts) so I might play to get the other endings later.

As for multiplayer apparently it's do do with being in a menu (Like Gamer_Cale said) or if you have a player highlighted in the screen before entering a match. I'm about to test it now and I'll come back and say if it is correct.

MonsterTruK
MonsterTruK
111 posts
Chamberlain

i play call of duty modernwarfare 1 online...done all the missions in Veteran difficulty , same in modenrwarfare 3 , for the modenrwarfare , i didn t bought the game , but i already done all the missions.......so..in mw1 multiplayer..i play since 2 years...stats : 135000 kills - 77 957 deaths - 12687 headshots - 8098 assists....looooool , my favorite weapon is mp5 silencer black color.....i play the version that is with the game..the multiplayer version*

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Didn't recognize you at first with the new armatar and was surprised to find that someone else gets annoyed by those who never prestige. Is it because (like me) they get to the last level get all the guns unlocked then keep the good guns as long as they want whilst the rest of us only get them for a short period of time? Or is it for some other reason?

And because they are cowards!
I used to only prestige once or twice. Then I would go through and try and beat as many challenges as I could. I got all the assault rifles gold in mw3. Yup.
But those guys are really annoying. It's worse when they go around thinking they are good when they only play a bunch of newcomers.
Showing 3256-3270 of 3990