ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839368
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Just a tad more damage for all ARs would have been fine with me.

Why did they take out stopping power and juggernaut anyway?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

So after playing with the patch, I say I use 2 ARs now. The m27 and the fal. Both are pretty good, solid guns. I can't seem to do good with smgs right now. Guess I'm just in another down-swing.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I wish we could see how much money we have in the bank. I'm sure I've deposited over 200k, but I'd like to see a clear number.

AustinBB410
AustinBB410
35 posts
Nomad

Make CoD better? In my opinion (Black Ops 1)
-Take out over powered killstreaks, they can sometimes ruin an entire match.
-Ghost should not be in the game in my opinion, another thing that can ruin a match.
-I think somehow they could make the weapons more equal, Everyone uses Famas/Galil/Ak74u and a few others, though my favorite is Spectre.
-Make sure camping spots aren't so great, sometimes the camper can get 10 or so kills before somebody gets him.
~(FreeForAll) FFA is my favorite game mode but a lot of maps are small (Nuketown, Summit, ect) and with 6 or so people spawn trapping is easy and the concept of spawn and die or spawning right behind somebody is aggravating.
MY OPINION,
PS- GO SPECTRE!

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I've been super unlucky lately.

I've been getting/running into:

-loads of SMG players
-loads of 870 and S12 players
-campers
-horrible teammates- i.e. 3 teammates camping in one same spot

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

All have been fixed in BO2 really except for some small maps and campers. But treyarch doesn't make campers, wimps make campers.
Has anyone done anything at all on theater mode? It takes forever for the darn thing to load. I think I'm gonna get home from school, turn it on and let it run and then check back in a few hours. I got to about 40 percent at 1 hour before I ran out of time and had to cancel.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Vinster ninja'd me
I actually like the patch. Whatever they did, it gives the ARs a shot. And I'm also kinda liking the new quick scoping. It's fairly different and challenging because of that. It's fun and not as op as in mw3.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I suppose you are one of those people that think shotguns are overpowered?

*sigh*

They're good in the right hands but once you actually use a shotgun and you get quickscoped from 2 feet away you'll know why they aren't overpowered.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Make CoD better? In my opinion (Black Ops 1)

You do know that Black Ops 2 was released right?

-I think somehow they could make the weapons more equal,

'Cause, y'know, in wars they make sure to always use equal guns
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

In my opinion (Black Ops 1)

They don't go back and fix old games.
-Take out over powered killstreaks, they can sometimes ruin an entire match.

Which are overpowered?
-Ghost should not be in the game in my opinion, another thing that can ruin a match.

Ghost is fine. If you have things that can show you on the map, there should be something to counter it. Ghost in Black Ops is perfect, it protects you against UAVs and killstreaks, and you must give up the others to use it. Like flak jacket.
-I think somehow they could make the weapons more equal, Everyone uses Famas/Galil/Ak74u and a few others, though my favorite is Spectre.

Black Ops didn't have a lot of variety because most of them acted the same, but I think they did an okay job with balancing in BO2. I think they still need to make the assault rifles more powerful.
-Make sure camping spots aren't so great, sometimes the camper can get 10 or so kills before somebody gets him.

Camping is a legitimate playstyle, but there things you can use against them. Like jammers and grenades (in BO). In BO2 there are camping spots, but campers are easy to take out.
-loads of SMG players

Shotguns are the only thing (besides other SMG's) that can take out SMG players. They're not overpowered either, but they should be able to do well in CQC. MW3 and BO shotguns were ***, BO2 shotguns are what they're supposed to be.
-campers

Will be in every game, just learn how to take them out effectively.
Raptor4133
Raptor4133
8 posts
Nomad

Black Ops 2 is bad as mw3 because of the spawn system

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Black Ops 2 is bad as mw3 because of the spawn system

Enemies don't spawn behind me or near me in BO2, but they did in MW3.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Enemies don't spawn behind me or near me in BO2, but they did in MW3.

At least not as often. I have had people spawn in front of me after I killed them.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I suppose you are one of those people that think shotguns are overpowered?

No, I didn't complain. I just stated what I've been running into for the last few matches. Shotguns aren't overpowered. I use them to kill SMG's.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Shotguns aren't overpowered. I use them to kill SMG's.

You shoot SMG's that are on the ground?
Showing 3406-3420 of 3990