ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839367
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

And opening and closing doors on radiation which can really effect domination. Or the elevators in hotel or the other doors in stockpile.

And let me correct myself, I hardly consider that half as good and I certainly wouldn't consider it more.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I think waw had the best maps they all had close range and long range areas which kept the guns balanced rather then having one dominant type of gun.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I wish WaW had offline bots. I love playing those maps with a friend/family member, but it gets boring after a while with only two people on the map. Still, I've invested a lot of hours into WaW that way.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

How does the zombie ranking work? My brother and I have nearly the same stats and almost always play together, but he has the blue eyed skull with the knife and I only have the blue eyed skull.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ghost, I have no idea. I have heard people drop ranks if they don't play a game one day. I have no idea how it works.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

I'm pretty sure it's based off of how many rounds of grief you win, but I'm not sure why you might get deranked though.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I got deranked for not playing for two days last week, was at the blue eyed skull and it brought me down to the crossed bones.

I don't think it's based on grief though, I have 1933 minutes played on Tranzit, 897 on survival, and 239 on grief. I got to the blue eyed skull way before playing grief.

On the topic of zombies, what are your guys' stats?

Here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/cnlXy.png

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I don't really care for the rank system in zombies because I don't know how they work I wish they made sense.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Why would they make a ranking system without explaining it? Or are we all missing something?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I guess this explains it. Just survive and play well, but make sure you play often or you'll get deranked...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Huh, I lost a tally mark and blue eyes, even though I played for several hours today and my games went well.

Also, an update/patch should come this weekend. Read on Vonderhaar's Twitter.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

List of the patch notes.

What I consider important:

UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.

SMG's:
All: increased hip fire recoil.
All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
All: reduced bullet penetration.
MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.

AR's:
All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.

Well, from reading that, the SMG's did get a pretty good nerf. I'll hop on later to see if the assault rifles are more useful.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Why has the M8a1 been nerfed? It was perfectly fine the way it was.

Happy about the changes to the smgs though especially the hip fire spread.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Geezus treyarch, what are you doing? The ARs are week as it is. All you had to do was take away some damage/fire rate from all smgs. Don't go mess up the only good AR, the m8. Just a tad more damage for all ARs would have been fine with me.
The uav thing is kinda stupid imo. I mean, sure there is a lot of people using uavs, whatever. People keep *****ing about it, now they will ***** about this too. Just perma-unlock ghost like a sensible man.
I also heard that the bouncing Betty time till explosion is longer. This one actually makes sense. I really hate the new *click* noise. I liked the *ding* better. I also don't like how dolphin diving won't save you. Sometimes I'm sprinting and a BB goes off but I don't stop, dolphin dive and die.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Kind of disappointed. Just realised that the retrieved medal (The one you get for picking up your own kill confirmed tag) is still 250xp. I can't wait for tactical insertion spam again -_-

I hate how score /=/ exp in black ops 2.

Also, I'm still finding I tear it up with the PDW at the moment and with laser sight it still seems amazing. Not sure if laser sight isn't affected or something...

Showing 3391-3405 of 3990