The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839429
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

Around 500-1000 people play Mercenary Moshpit on the PS3, so I am more than likely to enter the same lobbies over and over.

CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

Okay, well time to stop complaining. I guess I will try out Merc Moshpit...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Hey, if you're on ps3 I'll play with you. I usually play with a good party. You can try and add me if you want. snowman921 is my gt.

CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

Alright, maybe. I may take a few days break so I lay off the rage. I should probably play more music while I play, that might help.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

@ CorporalNob: that helps me

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Seems like they made nuketown zombies so that the box would spawn a lmg every other time. It seems extremely likely to get one in nuketown...also, has anyone noticed how much more recoil they gave the mtar in nuketown?

peaceypeacey
peaceypeacey
43 posts
Nomad

@CorporalNob: my Psn is peaceypeacey if you need help with your gameplay. I'll help you with your classes and other things. So if you want, you can add me.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Seems like they made nuketown zombies so that the box would spawn a lmg every other time. It seems extremely likely to get one in nuketown...also, has anyone noticed how much more recoil they gave the mtar in nuketown?

No, see I didnt buy it because I heard it sucked. I dont need another crappy BO2 zombies map.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

first things first I only hate black ops 1 for how bad it's muiltplayer is (and made me think fps is crap for part of 2012).

Question who is acterlly able to walk into an store and get an CoD game without people thinking "hang on you shoulden't be playing that at your age.

note. might be a thing to ask people at my school but they hate me

note 2. i do think team fortress is better but it just is and because it's not an CoD clone.

note 3. i do think CoD Black ops 1 is better than gangnam style

RAGE LEVEL OVER 9000 (sorry for joke) COD IS THE WORST COMMUITY IN THE UNIVERSE.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok, guy above me, that made hardly no sense. You said you don't like CoD and us, but you provide no reason what so ever as to why. I'm fine with people not enjoying the game, but you just seem like a band wagoner who doesn't like CoD cause its "cool".
And if people thinking you're too young is an issue, than its true. If you're that conserned with it, you must be young.

And the community isn't a problem. I have made many great friends over my CoD career.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Just quickly I love how hating CoD and liking CoD are both bandwagons.

First of all I only hate black ops because I don't like it's muiltplayer. In 2012 it made me think that every FPS is bad (Although I know that isn't true now)

Also, is it just me or do you guys get judged by people for being too young to play CoD? Every time I go to a store the person at the checkout always says something like "Hey, are you allowed to be playing these games?"

Note: I should probably ask people at my school but most of them don't like me.

Note 2: Even though I don't like CoD I don't mind Team Fortress 2. I think I like it because it isn't a CoD clone.

Note 3: Even though I hate CoD I like it more than Gangname style.

Note 4: Also, I feel like the community in CoD is really terrible.

You know people have different opinions too. I feel like you might have misjudged what the game is actually like. When you first play CoD you can't expect to be destroying everyone you see and you have to work a bit before you get good.

As for being judged. I think that's due to the rating of the game. I think the game is supposed to be for 15+ so if you aren't that old than they have to question you.

Also, lots of games are not like CoD, the problem is those games aren't as popular.
CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

Man, f this game. I broke my controller IN HALF after a minute of smashing it on the floor. I HATE THIS GAME, I WILL SELL EVERY SINGLE CALL OF DUTY GAME I HAVE AND NEVER PLAY THAT PIECE OF CRAP EVER AGAIN.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

First of all I only hate black ops because I don't like it's muiltplayer. In 2012 it made me think that every FPS is bad (Although I know that isn't true now)

I don't know how you could have jumped to that conclusion from Call Of Duty because the Multiplayer is quite similar to FPS games old and new and the style is not a new concept. Also to judge all FPS games because of one game is quite ignorant, even if you did change your mind

Also, is it just me or do you guys get judged by people for being too young to play CoD? Every time I go to a store the person at the checkout always says something like "Hey, are you allowed to be playing these games?"

Call of Duty is a mature game (rated M) Im not sure where you are from but in my State Gamestop and Walmart will ID you if you look under 17

Note 2: Even though I don't like CoD I don't mind Team Fortress 2. I think I like it because it isn't a CoD clone.

How do they even fall into the same category or even remotely compare. TF2 is an old game that's all team based with little objectives. With different classes and weapons.

Note 4: Also, I feel like the community in CoD is really terrible.

If you don't like Call of Duty, why bother posting in this section

I like call of Duty for its multiplayer. Its fun to get with a group of friends or hop into a party and do a little bit of fun FPS gaming. I don't really care for the Story-line but I do think it is fun every so often. I like to play GunGame on split screen or in a party with my best friends. We used to always throw lan Parties where we would buy a pack of mountain dew, sit down in front of a big screen TV and just play some good old fashioned split screen
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No matter how hard I try, no matter how good my teammates are, I freaking suck at this game. In fact, I have been playing this game for YEARS, and I am still absolutely terrible. My KD is not a true representation of my skill.

Well..you changed your mind rather quickly on that

Just quickly I love how hating CoD and liking CoD are both bandwagons.

They both actually are..but it depends on your reason for liking or disliking the game that dictates if you are a band-wagoner or not

Man, f this game. I broke my controller IN HALF after a minute of smashing it on the floor. I HATE THIS GAME, I WILL SELL EVERY SINGLE CALL OF DUTY GAME I HAVE AND NEVER PLAY THAT PIECE OF CRAP EVER AGAIN.

I think the problem might be you, not the game. Have you thought of therapy..or anger management?

How do they even fall into the same category or even remotely compare. TF2 is an old game that's all team based with little objectives. With different classes and weapons.

Because both are shooters
Also, side note, notify the user if you are going to alter their quote..that why they don't get confused and think you are responding to someone else
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Because both are shooters
Also, side note, notify the user if you are going to alter their quote..that why they don't get confused and think you are responding to someone else

Ok.... Just because both games use guns does not mean they are similar. Bioshock, Borderlands, starwars battlefront and golden eye all use guns, but are all very different in great ways. You have games like CoD that have been deemed "arcade shooters", or military shooters. Then you have full blown RPGs like borderlands/bioshock. Starwars is based on starwars, and features its one unique play style. Golden eye was the pioneer. It's an oldie but a goodie.
Showing 3661-3675 of 3990