The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839442
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

....Oooooh. That makes all kinds of sense. Also, in the new Tesco leak it said that Ghost would be a whole new story with new characters etc.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

So ghost`s does take place in the slight future, similar to modern warfare. I dont know exactly when. Like you said, its supposed to be a new story with new people, and im not sure if you go here you can see a small tease for it. What you do is you can link your twitter/facebook profile to it. Once you do, your profile pic will be added to a mosaic that sort of looks like a skull right now. Some people have the full image, and it looks like a skull with and eerie white over it with the next tease, "The ghosts are real", similar to BO2`s "The future is black" bit. It honestly sounds pretty good. New engine, new story, new cast, new movements and there is a good chance of the multiplayer having destructible environments, and an even better chance for it in the story.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

*ghost`s story
Also, spec opps is out of the game and is going to be replaced by something completely new.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Well I certainly hope that there's a destructible world. Not only because the concept itself is cool but also because that would likely mean bigger maps. I also really hope (and rather expect) that it was Sledgehammer Game's fault that MW3 sucked, but even if it comes out that it was them I still won't pre-order it after what happened with BO2.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I probably will again. Ill tell you how it is. It sounds like a move in the right direction.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Yes, it does, but the new story won't effect the MP much.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

How much sooner would Killersup have the game if he pre-ordered it? Also, how much would it probably cost? Ghost sounds decent enough, but that is what everybody thinks about the next call of duty.Atleast thats what they say...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

See, I dont know. It comes out Nov. 5th, but I want it for PS4, not PS3. So im not sure how that will all work out.
Also, Arms Race is up on BO2. Its like TDM, but more points-per-kill that counts toward your scorestreaks.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Here is the teaser
It was a pretty cool tease. No in game stuff yet, but I liked this.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Yeah, infinity ward is only allowed to make games based in the modern ages. Treyarch is only allowed to make games that aren't modern.

I think infinity ward tried to sue treyarch for that very reason. However the court case was extended to well after the game had been released so they dropped it.

I'm sure they are allowed to make the game based whenever they want if anything they probably dont want their games to be really similar so they try to avoid the time the previous game was set it's just that IW have taken to doing near future games so treyarch has been stuck with games in the past or the future I wouldn't think they have anything saying the other company cant use the same time set but if you have evidence I would change my mind.

I also really hope (and rather expect) that it was Sledgehammer Game's fault that MW3 sucked,

Other then the acr , mp7 and fmgs mw3 was really well balanced in my eyes I loved it but black ops 2 the lag comp is really weird and I get killed around the corner so much more and the assault rifles seem way underpowered.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I'm sure they are allowed to make the game based whenever they want if anything they probably dont want their games to be really similar so they try to avoid the time the previous game was set it's just that IW have taken to doing near future games so treyarch has been stuck with games in the past or the future I wouldn't think they have anything saying the other company cant use the same time set but if you have evidence I would change my mind

Evidence.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup broke his first controller today. (Insert long list of swear words)

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

See, I dont know. It comes out Nov. 5th, but I want it for PS4, not PS3. So im not sure how that will all work out.
Also, Arms Race is up on BO2. Its like TDM, but more points-per-kill that counts toward your scorestreaks.

Noo! **** the PS4! Killersup just got the PS3! No!
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Noo! **** the PS4! Killersup just got the PS3! No!

Did I not warn you? I specifically remember telling you the new ones were coming out soon, so maybe hold off, but noooo.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup remembers none of that conversation. Went 18-1 on round. Next round had to rage quit because of a 0-7 thing.What the **** tonight...

Showing 3691-3705 of 3990