ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839421
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Yeah if ever there was a year to take off this would be it, I mean they hit a low one with the BO2 MP and since after this all there games will be 3 years in development instead of 2 why not start doing it early? But no, of course they need another MW game because they haven't drug it out long enough already, one thing I do know for sure about it is that I will not be pre-ordering it. If you told me a year or two ago that I wouldn't pre-order the next CoD or even plan on buying it for sure I would never have believed you. They either need to get their act together again or just let Battlefield take over.

Really though, what has gotten into them/Activision, you might have told me that there would be a CoD that I would many times proclaim to be the worst game ever created I might believe you reluctantly. Never would I have predicted that there would be two games by two different CoD devs that I would dislike (the MP that is).

In other news, after playing BO2 MP I have started to like MW3 MP, never saw that coming...

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Can't play bo2 MP for more than a few matches anymore. Killersup's "three bars" are horrid lag. His screen in the kill-cam is way different from Killersup's, where Killersup gets six hit markers then insta-dies.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@killersup
What type of Internet connections do you have? How is your console connected to that Internet connection? How fast is your Internet? Is your Internet metered?

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

@Manly: It just looks like they're rushing the development and throwing out what they have, then hoping for the best. Of course that doesn't help them. It's weird though, my gut told me not to get MW3 so I didn't. It was right. Then BO2 came around and I saw previews and a bunch of other stuff about it. It seemed promising. I got BO2 and it sucked pretty badly. Zombies is still decent and campaign took a step up, but MP literally died.

CoD should let Battlefield take over. BF4 looks really nice and I want to see what the devs have up their sleeve. Considering how phenomenal BF3 was I'll definitely get BF4. (Not going to go into detail since this is a CoD thread.)

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

What type of Internet connections do you have? How is your console connected to that Internet connection? How fast is your Internet? Is your Internet metered?

It is wired, although Killersup could get wifi if he so choose to. Killersup's internet is normally average-fast speeds. Metered?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Can't play bo2 MP for more than a few matches anymore. Killersup's "three bars" are horrid lag. His screen in the kill-cam is way different from Killersup's, where Killersup gets six hit markers then insta-dies.

You are always a split-second behind. So, people see your movements a split second later than you preform them. This is noticeable when running to cover while badly damaged. Sometimes, you make it to the cover, but die regardless. More often than not, its because of a wall-bang, but sometimes if you watch the killcam, you are not exactly to the cover by the time you die. This is what im talking about. And by playing with you a few times, I can tell you tend to dramatize things, no offense :P
But the three bars is a nuisance. I dont know how to help with that though...
I got BO2 and it sucked pretty badly. Zombies is still decent and campaign took a step up, but MP literally died.

I definitely enjoy the multiplayer on BO2 more than mw3. By far. They took a new step and I enjoyed it. Its weird for me though, because I tend to like the IW games more.
CoD should let Battlefield take over.

I dont think that the men at Activision would agree with you. Besides, they each bring something different to the table. How boring would it be as a consumer if there was a monopoly? It would be awful. I do enjoy playing other fps`s and shooters, and would be fairly upset if CoD or Battlefield squashed all the competition.
BF4 looks really nice and I want to see what the devs have up their sleeve.

I saw the 17 min of gameplay. I saw a comment on the video that made me chuckle. It was something like "Oh wow! Battlefield is replacing CoD!". Its funny, because I could see them coming out with new games every year now, and eventually evolving into the monster that is the CoD franchise. BF3 just wasnt my cup of tea. BF4 looks too much the same, ironically, from what I have seen so far. But hey, im on ps3. Battlefield`s kinda suck here :/

As for CoD.
April 16 is the new dlc, due to leaked info. No trailer has come out to confirm "Uprising", and all we have is an image. From what we have seen so far, you get 4 new maps and 1 "scary" zombies map. The 4 maps are Studio, Magma, Vertigo and Encore. Not much is known about the later 3 at this point, but we do know that Studio is an updated version of BO map Firing Range. The zombies map is called Mob of the Dead, and is set on Alcatraz prison. Players take control of 4 unannounced gangsters that are supposedly played by famous actors. It is said to be the "scariest zombies map yet". We dont know if there is a gun or anything else along with the maps.

Honestly, this is a bit of a let down. We are basically getting 3 new maps and a zombies map. No gun. No new zombies mode. Nothing. I was definitely looking for more. Of the 3 new maps, 2 are supposed to be larger and some should feature unique obstacles, Im guessing magma has magma ex. Those maps better be awesome, or im not getting it.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

And by playing with you a few times, I can tell you tend to dramatize things, no offense :P

That was probably motorhead. Cody does that alot.

But the three bars is a nuisance. I dont know how to help with that though...

Killersup has to caught them off guard for it to be a "fair" match. As "fair" as a war game can get. :P
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It is wired, although Killersup could get wifi if he so choose to. Killersup's internet is normally average-fast speeds. Metered?

Metered = getting charged for data usage. Like a phone.
Anyway, you might want to consider switching over to Wi-Fi because it sounds like there is something messing with your connection. One last question: do you have cable TV and does your cable company provide your Internet too?
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

One last question: do you have cable TV and does your cable company provide your Internet too?
Killersup has Dish, so no(?)
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

So I did something pretty amazing on BO2 gun game. So I'm on the scorpion evo(? One of those high fire-rate SMGs) and I kill a guy and as soon as I do so the leader gets his kill with the ballistics knife. So I look at the bottom right of the screen and as it turns out I actually killed the guy that I did just after the guy got the ballistics knife kill. So along comes the final kill can and it's me killing the dude. Apparently I killed the dude literally frames later and stole his spotlight.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Killersup has Dish, so no(?)

No idea then.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Use speedtest.net to test your upload download speed then use pingtest and it will tell you if its your internet speed causing.

It wont be that your using wired as wired is the best but it might be that the wire has broken or is being badly distorted check it for any major kinks and try to straighten them out and see if it gets better if not maybe try buying a new ethernet cable they can be found for a few quid and may help you.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Call of Duty is horrible on the PC. I dont know if BO2 or MW3 is any better but I was playing MW2 and some hacker made me prestige for free. Which made me feel more that undeserving. And I had to wait around for about 30 minutes to find matches because the Ports for call of Duty are unclear and my router wasn't letting me open them. And to top it all off the lag was crappy. So definitely play COD on a console or make sure you know what your doing.
I mean they shouldn't expect the player to go and make changes to their internet hardware to play a game. Every other game I play on steam just connects and I am there. I should be able to opt out of being a host

CorporalNob
CorporalNob
64 posts
Nomad

I hate Call of Duty. No matter how hard I try, no matter how good my teammates are, I freaking suck at this game. In fact, I have been playing this game for YEARS, and I am still absolutely terrible. My KD is not a true representation of my skill. I probably would have stayed at a .8 or .9 if I didn't play with parties. I hate this "skilled based matchmaking." I get put into lobbies where people have higher SPM, 1.5+ KDs, and are in full parties. What is that? I am nowhere near that range. I have a 1.05 KD, a terrible Win/Loss ratio, and a SPM just around 230. Yeah, there are people worse than me at this game, but it absolutely angers me that I have not progressed very much over the years I have been playing. I have broken 3 controllers as a result of my frustration, and I absolutely promise I will not break anymore because I freaking quit.

/endrant

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

If parties are your problem, play mercenary mosh pit. No parties are allowed and the teams are randomized each round.

Showing 3646-3660 of 3990