The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839430
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Because both are shooters
Also, side note, notify the user if you are going to alter their quote..that why they don't get confused and think you are responding to someone else

Sorry I was copying the quote below the quote not really paying attention.
And saying that you can compare any games just because they are shooters is ridiculous thats like comparing Halo to Mario with your justification being that they are both heros fighting for one goal. Like comparing Dead Space to Call of Duty.
Team Fortress 2 is an entire game with players finding random loot from crates and unlocking very little content with skill. Team Fortress is 2 teams of basically cartoon characters of red and blue fighting each other for a Flag, Destroying things, capturing command points, pushing carts.
With characters that can build sentries, Backstab and Disguise as people, wielding weird concoctions of weapons. And the game has tons of levels and weapons.

Then youâve got call of Duty another generic multiplayer game similar to any game with team deathmatch. Your killing the other team using different weapons you can unlock. You have a campaign that is mediocre at best. The game can be remade so easily the only thing that changes is graphics every year a few guns some new maps and a couple extra game modes added or removed here and there. Every year you are paying 60 dollars for pretty much the exact same game.

TF2 has been out for years and the developers still care about it and come out with new content and the community helps. The game is free to Play and there is tons of content

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

*own
Also, SWBF was third person. Forgot that. Each of the games has different parts to it. You get RPGs, military shooters, future shooters, arcade, strategic, stealth and this list goes on. Lots of different fps's.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

You could switch from third person to first person in SWBF which was quite useful.
Call of Duty, although I don't think there was a whole lot of time and effort put into the game, it is still a great game and like every game has its strong points and weak points. I don't think its right to judge a game based off of your multiplayer experience because it will always be different.
I dont think I ever was mad enough to throw my controller and even if I was I would just leave the server and connect to another. There is no point criticizing a game just because you are not good at it. If everyone went around saying that games were horrible because they are bad players then no one would know what games are good.
If your going to criticize a game then do it because of something the game lack not because of something you lack (skill)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

And saying that you can compare any games just because they are shooters is ridiculous thats like comparing Halo to Mario with your justification being that they are both heros fighting for one goal. Like comparing Dead Space to Call of Duty.

I knew this would happen..y'all took what I said as if it were my beliefs haha

No no..what I stated is the mindset of people that do such comparisons. TF2 and CoD just so happen to get paired constantly because of their 'shooter' status and popularity as shooter games
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I knew this would happen..y'all took what I said as if it were my beliefs haha

To some people, specifically the fps-ers, this is a sensitive topic.
No no..what I stated is the mindset of people that do such comparisons. TF2 and CoD just so happen to get paired constantly because of their 'shooter' status and popularity as shooter games

I often find this is popular in the younger generation. This further proves that the other guy was probably too young.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

No, see I didnt buy it because I heard it sucked. I dont need another crappy BO2 zombies map.

Made it to round 32 with a buddy yesterday, took about two freaking hours,,,
Sucked? Not really. It is all opinion really, but for five bucks Killersup has already put in probably close to ten hours+ into Nuketown, and the different challenges you can give yourself makes it really awesome.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Did you guys here? Tesco (a huge company in England) leaked this photo and then deleted after a couple of hours.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BInzWaYCYAAR2Gj.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BInzWaYCYAAR2Gj.png:large

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I know. I heard rumors of it before the leaked pic, but I just didnt care too much. The pic is a nice change from the normal style of cover art.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Sucked? Not really. It is all opinion really, but for five bucks Killersup has already put in probably close to ten hours+ into Nuketown, and the different challenges you can give yourself makes it really awesome.

Thats right, you didnt really experience good maps like Kino, Der Rise, Moon ex. Those were actually good because of there sheer size. Nuketown is too small and is (in my eyes) a waste. The BO/WaW maps were better.
You probably like the new characters, Misty, Marelton, Russman and Stoolinger, too :P
Dempsy, Nikolai, Takeo and Rictophen were the best.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

You probably like the new characters, Misty, Marelton, Russman and Stoolinger, too :P
Dempsy, Nikolai, Takeo and Rictophen were the best

**** mind readers....
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

New CoD reveal trailer will be out of April 30th. Gaming stores will be accepting pre-orders on May 2nd.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

Yup, and there's even more saying that it's going to be ghost, a spin-off of the Modern Warfare series. Which would mean that IW hasn't had an original idea since they started developing CoD4 in 2005. 8 years since they they've had an original idea, 8 stinking years since they decided to do something different.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I think that treyarch made it so that iw cannot go into the future, narrowing their options. However, treyarch did break some rules by adding in a few weapons under iw license. So who knows. I imagine that ghost is going to be the answer to the fans prayers and have ghost back. Should be.... Interesting.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Yeah, infinity ward is only allowed to make games based in the modern ages. Treyarch is only allowed to make games that aren't modern.

I think infinity ward tried to sue treyarch for that very reason. However the court case was extended to well after the game had been released so they dropped it.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yes, but like I said, treyarch broke some rules. That might earn iw some wiggle room.

Showing 3676-3690 of 3990