The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839448
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Connection....Skill matters, more than most people believe, interpreting where the enemy will go, what directions the streaks should be placed at. ect. Although, it is nothing like it could be.

Nothing you would need over any other FPS
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well, see back when there were good maps, a unique skill needed was map knowledge. There were some nice spots on highrise that were helpful and fun for example. Other maps have great flank routs. The maps got boring after/during Black Ops. MW3 was pretty bad and BO2 has a handful of decent ones but thats it.
New trailer looks very pretty, story sounds nice, character customization is confirmed and the maps will have more intractables in it like I said.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The "new" engine for Ghosts looks more like an updated version than anything.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't know what to tell you if you were expecting a totally different thing. It's only got so much room for innovation if it doesn't want to alienate the franchise's fanbase.

Anyway, 99% of that trailer was pre-rendered BS. Trailers without gameplay are worthless, because games aren't movies. Watching that trailer tells me as much about the game as watching Avatar would.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Saw the trailer... possibility of the attack dogs taking new rolls? Instead of RC-XD's maybe there will be suicide dogs....

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

possibility of the attack dogs taking new rolls? Instead of RC-XD's maybe there will be suicide dogs....

Uhhh.... Please tell me your kidding? Its one thing to kill a guy in a movie/game, but its a complete other to kill a dog >
It sounds like it will just be part of your squad is single player more. Attack dogs was a treyarch thang too, so we will see what they are planning.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Well, see back when there were good maps, a unique skill needed was map knowledge.

Um, every multiplayer first person shooter I have ever played requires you to know the map. That just seems to be common knowledge but Call of Duty makes staying alive not necessarily needed. Actually people die on purpose to get more killstreaks
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Do tell me how getting yourself killed earns you killstreaks.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

Anyone see the COD Ghosts trailer and the Behind the Scenes video?

For me, I saw an improvement in graphics for the COD franchise, but the game's "innovations" don't apply to the gaming industry unfortunately.

And anyone see that dog?

Yep, that dog is going to die cause Activision wants an emotional, gritty story like they always do with the other CODs. The paid reviewers are gonna call it the most emotional moment of the decade.

Do tell me how getting yourself killed earns you killstreaks.

Actually, they're called deathstreaks, and those deathstreaks are so OP, that everyone I know never wants to see them ever again.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Do tell me how getting yourself killed earns you killstreaks

You get enough killstreaks and then kill yourself and then use them. I see it all the time
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Do tell me how getting yourself killed earns you killstreaks

You get enough killstreaks and then kill yourself and then use them. I see it all the time

Once you hit your third, it doesn't cap like in mw2. You keep earning stuff after your third, been like that since mw3. The only time I could maybe see that would be if you have a controllable killstreak and you want to go back to spawn to be safe, but even then you don't kill yourself.
Actually, they're called deathstreaks, and those deathstreaks are so OP, that everyone I know never wants to see them ever again.

It was a sarcastic question.
And if your suggesting people die on purpose to get them, that is stupid. You die a bunch in a row just to get (maybe) one kill? Pointless.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

It was a sarcastic question.
And if your suggesting people die on purpose to get them, that is stupid. You die a bunch in a row just to get (maybe) one kill? Pointless.

Killersup would most likely get a lot of death streaks.... unfortunately....
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Killersup would most likely get a lot of death streaks.... unfortunately....

Now killersup, just because I whooped your sorry butt doesnt mean you can go all emo on us.
Im looking forward to E3. There is supposed to be some gameplay. Should be cool. Story sounds interesting from what people have pieced together.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Is anyone actually that excited for the next cod I have pretty much given up with cod now its just worn out on me and i feel its time for a change, the only hope for cod in my eyes is that with the new gen consoles that they might try to mix it up a bit but I'm not expecting much.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Is anyone actually that excited for the next cod I have pretty much given up with cod now its just worn out on me and i feel its time for a change, the only hope for cod in my eyes is that with the new gen consoles that they might try to mix it up a bit but I'm not expecting much.

Im looking forward to it. Console players get the lean motion. There is a new slide motion and other things like that. It looks better. The graphics look great, it all really depends on the multiplayer maps and perk balance.
Showing 3721-3735 of 3990