The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839441
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Almost certain that it is slightly less than legal.

Shukelven
Shukelven
42 posts
Peasant

FINALLY they announced a new engine for COD: Ghosts. FINALLY.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

@Gamer_Cale: You got it easy since you were playing it on PC, on PC there is generally a lot less lag on games. On console the lag can be anywhere from unnoticeable (games like BF3) to game ruining (MW3). While yes, you did say that BO2 has worse lag, for us console players it is quite the opposite.

After two disappointing in a row I am extremely pessimistic about Ghost, I have no faith whatsoever in anything that bears the title of Call of Duty.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Rage quitting today. Rage quitting ever. Grah. Horrid tonight.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Everybody, if you still own Black Ops go on multiplayer for a night. It seems ridiculously easy now After going 5-7 on Black Ops2, Killersup went 29-6 on Black Ops. This wasn't a one match thing either, it lasted for like two hours till Killersup lagged out.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Everybody, if you still own Black Ops go on multiplayer for a night. It seems ridiculously easy now After going 5-7 on Black Ops2, Killersup went 29-6 on Black Ops.

That probably for 2 reasons black ops doesn't have the weird lag comp that black ops 2 does and that generally on the older cods you get people new to the cod series that have bought the game because its cheap and just wanted to try it so you get against less experienced players.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

That probably for 2 reasons black ops doesn't have the weird lag comp that black ops 2 does and that generally on the older cods you get people new to the cod series that have bought the game because its cheap and just wanted to try it so you get against less experienced players.

Probably true, but Killersup doesn't care. After having a K/D of 0.1 and just not having fun with BO2, Killersup can get doggies three matches in a row in BO.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

So for Ghosts, it sounds less likely to have destructible environments. It will have more interactibles though, like the zip-line on kowloon, the water on hydro, the rocket on launch, the doors on radiation, ex.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I am not very excited for Ghosts. If they are going along with the ability to not use Modern weapons then they would have to implement weapons from multiple eras of firearms in to the game (1700's,1800's,1900's). Also after MW3 only being an okay game and BO2 being only alright I'm not very excited for Ghosts.

Same I think cod could potentially becoming to its end they aren't really improving the game if anything its getting worse I think its time a new fps comes in and hopefully one will with the next gen consoles nearing.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Same I think cod could potentially becoming to its end they aren't really improving the game if anything its getting worse I think its time a new fps comes in and hopefully one will with the next gen consoles nearing

The problem is that as long as Treyarch is making money that the quality of their product can increasingly decease. (makes sense.) Which is why Battlefield becoming more popular is great, because eventually CoD will have to compete to outshine Battlefield in order to make sales. Battlefield will do the same, thus making a better game for the players.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I am not very excited for Ghosts. If they are going along with the ability to not use Modern weapons then they would have to implement weapons from multiple eras of firearms in to the game (1700's,1800's,1900's).

Where is your proof of this? I have heard that it takes place in the slight future, and we will use modern day weapons. So, old guns to the characters of the game.
Ghost is going to be in the game in at least one flashback scene. Check Ghost on Wikipedia and click onto the voice actors wiki page. It says he will be playing ghost (flashback) in call of duty ghosts.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I was listening to a comentary of someone talking about the next gen consoles, and how CoD may fall off the pedestal of the game making the most money, it was really interesting.
That's a distinct possibility. The start of a new generation is a great opportunity to change up the dominating franchises and genres. The CoD series established its popularity somewhat early in this generation, for example.

And now it needs to go down.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Played Uprising for a little while yesterday. Not sure if just played horribly of its going to be a awkward map pack. Played one match of Mob of the Dead, not bad, but you need people who can co-operate with you.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The biggest reason I don't like Call of Duty is because there are only a few things that appeal to me with every game that comes out and don't like the fact that Call of Duty requires, well im not going to say it requires no skill because you still have to be better than the other players. But it took out the realism that first person shooters actually had.
The skills that make you look good in Call of Duty are like novelty skills meaning that they are purely cosmetic and aren't really needed. Like no scoping. No scoping is just another form of showboating and it makes you look like a *******. The whole generation of call of duty players aren't very sportsman like and its saddening. At least when you played other games in the past they were meant to be fun and not just a kill fest.
People in the past seemed to actually help a bad FPS player get better at the game and teach them. People in Call of Duty single out the bad FPS players for "free kills"

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

well im not going to say it requires no skill because you still have to be better than the other players.

Connection....Skill matters, more than most people believe, interpreting where the enemy will go, what directions the streaks should be placed at. ect. Although, it is nothing like it could be.
Showing 3706-3720 of 3990