The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839636
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
diggy208
diggy208
9 posts
Scribe

CoD FTW

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Im glad other awesome FPS's are coming out to make the CoD developers work harder to make a better game that impresses the consumer because if they continue making the same game every year and a fresh, new experience comes out (i.e Battlefield 3), they can lose a portion of their fan base.

runner928
runner928
56 posts
Nomad

Please CoD makers don't listen to the idiot on the first page. Sure a taser sounds cool but a gun that might explode if I pick it up is a bit extreme.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

ive only played black ops with my bud and cod 4 both are epic

circuitstar
circuitstar
74 posts
Nomad

I wish blackops campaighn is 2 player!

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Homefront - Direct copy to Modern Warfare 2. Except done so poorly in the singleplayer, Multiplayer I don't really need to make a comment on, and shouldn't anyways since I haven't played it.

A direct copy of MW2? Are you serious? I don't see why you are making this comment when you ADMIT that you haven't even played the game. Have you even watched the game, read reviews?

they give you a snow ghillie suit and a desert ghillie suit along with the classic green one, which you get whenever you use a rifle on that map style.

That sounds epic, I hope they do that in MW3. It would be annoying though- having to wear a green ghillie suit in snow, you would stand out, almost as much as black on white or white on black.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Splitscreen campaign? Not a bad idea. Maybe MW3 will try that, but it's extremely hard to do.
WaW did it, and they did it well.
Antich
Antich
99 posts
Blacksmith

Splitscreen campaign? Not a bad idea. Maybe MW3 will try that, but it's extremely hard to do.

Portal 2 have a split screen campaning and valvE said that it's very easy, so Activision is coop's with valve (I heard it from my dummy friend) and they will help them with MW 3.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

A direct copy of MW2? Are you serious? I don't see why you are making this comment when you ADMIT that you haven't even played the game. Have you even watched the game, read reviews?

Read? No, and certainly not from any maintstream sites.

Watched the game? Yep. Scripted more than a cog-and-wheel machine.

The Singleplayer laid so much emphasis on this new hold-your-hand style of gameplay, limiting your ability to explore or combat a situation in your own fashion, whilst shoving this terrible reality that America has been taken over and all the bad things that followed down your throat.

That sounds epic, I hope they do that in MW3. It would be annoying though- having to wear a green ghillie suit in snow, you would stand out, almost as much as black on white or white on black.

White and Black aren't opposites, and you generally find the greens are slightly tilted brown.

But, that isn't what happens anyway - if you're a sniper in a snowy or desert terrain then you don't wear a proper Ghillue suit but you wear a partially-working camoflague.

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Wait, what?? Black and White aren't opposites? What are you talking about?

White is a tint and Black is a shade, in terms of color, they're not opposites, as Red, Green and Blue (I think) are the core colors that make every other one.
Red, Green and Blue put together makes Brown, by the way.

Anyway. I'm not sure exactly what the 3 core colors are, but I'm certain Red is one of them. :P

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Did you know that, if you combine Red, Yellow, and Blue perfectly (an equal amount of each color), it will form black? Brown results from an uneven mixture.

Yes, I'm aware of that
There are 255 shades of each core color - which is as you've mentioned actually Red, Yellow and Blue
To get pitch black you'd need the darkest shade of each. :P

Sorry, had to throw that in there. I know a lot more about art than Call of Duty, and I might as well win one of these arguments. Ironic.

My win, considering I'm the one who learnt something xD

Everyones win, considering the average IQ of the world population just went up 0.0000000000001%.

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

You misunderstand, the game automatically suits you up with the proper style for whatever map you're on. If you go to a snow base map, like Derail, the game will give you the suit as a default once you've unlocked it. You never have to worry about it, the suit changes for the appropriate map automatically.

No I understand perfectly. I'm just saying, before you get that achievment you will stick out like a sore thumb with your green ghillie suit in a snowy map.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

No I understand perfectly. I'm just saying, before you get that achievment you will stick out like a sore thumb with your green ghillie suit in a snowy map.

... You still misunderstand :P

Map for green Ghillue = Green Ghillue
Map for desert Ghillue (when you don't have it) = Yellow-ish uniform that isn't Ghillue.
Map for snow Ghillue (when you don't have it) = White-ish uniform that isn't Ghillue.

The creators were very clever. Regardless of having a desert ghillie suit or not, you'll still end up in tan clothing automatically.

It's a nice style, but I disliked the idea of having to level up my One-shot-kills to unlock a Ghillue so I could hide in grass very effectively :P

I can always do it, Search and Destroy, on Estate though. You hide in a patch of grass near B with all the ninja-ish perks you can, a Pistol with Tactical Knife and you're ready to ninja defuse :P

- H
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

The thing about the black ops gilie suit is that u dont need it with a sniper. It's better that cools blooded cauz people still see u with cold blooded. And in blacks ops u can have a machine gun with ur gillie suit if u want cauz unless ur prone and not moving(and ur enemies cross hairs don't turn read) the can see u. Gillies don't do much in mw2 unless u have cold blooded pro. And the only really good gillie suit map is over grown. Yes, in black ops the urban gillies and stuff r not great but they see u any way cauz it's urban. That's the good thing about ghost.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

But whatever. It sounds kind of French, any idea what the origin of that word is?

Nope. I looked up Ghillie in Wikipedia and it dated back to the 16th Century as a scottish term for "lad" or "servant". :P

Maybe that's how they blended in those days.

It's like making sure you're committed to being a sniper before giving you professional stealth.

Ironically I wasn't a committed sniper - I just wanted to ninja defuse xD

I guess it's no big deal, but I still don't like that hinderance. :/

And the only really good gillie suit map is over grown.

Search and Destroy on the map Estate disagrees. Hide in a patch of grass near Bomb site B, keep swapping weapons to give you a still animation (so you won't move) and when someone approaches kindly knife them or see if they're planting.

Also, Cold Blooded Pro isn't a necessity being as players are trying to look ahead for oncoming enemies, rather than the ground they stand on XD
It does help though.

Also, B site for Favela Search and Destroy - you see those large bushes?

Yeah.

People have been less that two feet from me and didn't notice until it was too late.

Haha nice People don't generally perceive or use Ghillie suits these ways and thus I've had people run literally RIGHT past me without knowing I was there, laughter and knife wounds ensued.

I've never had a real problem sneaking up on people silently.

Yeah but you don't wanna make any suspicion for someone when it's Search and Destroy and you're sometimes the last one left.
You know the funniest thing I used to do it for?
THE RAGE! >

People are very friendly when you pull off a cool ninja defuse though. I made more than 30 friends in 4 nights from simply using that tactic... very strange :P

- H
Showing 466-480 of 3990