The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839638
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Ha. Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking about when I mentioned C4. That's an amazingly good ninja spot. Better if you have claymores.

I just love knifing, so I don't use that kind of stuff, because it takes away the humiliation and the idea that I'm awesome when I go 9:1 with purely knifing (which has happened before) :P

running to the bomb site, running to the b- HOLY CRAP THAT'S A SNI- *headshot*

lol True, but coming out of the ground and knifing the guy could be equally scary, I'd say it depends on the weapon, it's volume and sharpness. :P

True, but if I'm the last one alive and I'm a sniper...I just pull back and shoot the guy when he start defusing.

Being on the defense and ninja defusing is better if you ask me

Do you mean "Rage quit"?

Anyway of showing anger makes me laugh, mostly because I know I'm perfectly fair in my tactics and their pain is because of themselves only.

Then again, being a ninja in a game like CoD does make you automatically awesome. People love having a good sniper on their team. Who wouldn't?

True, but it's strange how happy people get whereas you'd often expect some insults and... well w/e, just nothing nice comes from players usually (there have been exceptions), but when A LOT of people turn a happy face because I'm pulling intentionally clutch comebacks, it's kind of annoying to see how skill = popularity.

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I'm not quite that skill level.

I had to think psychologically - even in S&D, players like seeking the fight. I know where they are, I take them out and then I take a position where I would be able to take the enemy out - preferably with a viable contingency plan.

Haha. You have to be closer to get a knife,

When I say people run RIGHT past... I mean... literally touching my hitbox when I'm in the grass xD

I think making a noise for the enemy when directly behind them only to stab them then is hilarious, makes them feel paranoid the next game...
Then I bop up from the unsuspected grass. Haha

But yeah, knifing in the back is generally the tactic I go

As in, defusing the bomb when there are still enemy players alive? That's serious humiliation. Nice.

Usually when I'm the last one left. When the guy is planting I lie down directly behind him, once I heard the bomb is planted I immediately go to defuse, you'd be surprised how much it works.

because your rifle (on your back) was sticking out of the grass and someone spotted it. That's a pain.

Ouch, that would be a pain.
It wasn't for me, luckily, I usually did this on Scrapyard (the patch of grass when you're defense to your left at spawn - yep), Estate (there was a sweet patch of grass near B) and Favela (Big bushes - easy), and they all had spots that didn't have that kind of thing going against me, in pretty much ideal positions.

Was pretty awesome.

Ha. But it's also logical, even if it's annoying

Logical, undoubtedly but I'd rather fun (if bad) players than good (but poor attitude) players.

Though I generally don't have fun with bad players :P since the games I play require teamwork (League of Legends, Bad Company 2) it can be very annoying when my friends can't seem to see why we're losing.
Furthermore when I see why and they don't listen.

One thing I don't understand about a lot of players is how slow the progress in terms of skill. League of Legends is EXCEPTIONALLY easy to get good at, at least for me. But I can play with some of my friends and they're still doing the same thing they did when they were 10 levels lower, and it's very confusing.

Then again, I do tend to look at my play style and etc quite often, revising over what could be done - hell, I even made an off-tank build for Jarvan which lets me play the way I want him to, and it has worked very well.

Unfortunately. When you're a sniper/stealth by choice, you really just want everyone to leave you alone.

When a "teammate" t-bags you at B because you had a grudge with him, or even if he doesn't have a reason... no need, and it's stupid.

Not that I cared, often he would be shot right next to me and I wouldn't have been spotted :P

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Why do that when you can stand directly in front of him? There's nothing worse in S&D than being in the middle of planting and seeing an enemy standing in front of you behind the briefcase bomb, pointing his rifle at your skull, knowing that there is not a darn thing you can do to kill him first.

Because when there's the risk of people watching you, it's always better to add as much humiliation as possible.

Plus, sometimes my team gets aced, the entire enemy team is alive and I was able to ninja-defuse with them all obvlivious

and then I know where the enemy sniper is shooting from.

Common Battlefield tactic I find on occasion. My friend gets shot in the face - I see the bullet path. :P

Or I try taking a pick at the sniper, when I don't know where he is and I die. The sniper dies soon afterwards due to a revealed position but I get revived by a Medic - epic.

Just to be safe, he emptied them both.

Ouch....

You know the spawning point as defense on Favela? What happens when an enemy does an emergency drop there, and you have akimbo Model 1887's above the staircase?
I had 8 kills and all of their killstreaks before I went down - literally half of them left :P

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Unless you don't feel like Prestiging,

Definitely not. :P

but sometimes you pass on points by being a show-off.

Because humiliation and ninja defusing etc is point efficient :P

Can you say Halo?

Meh. I guess it is derived from Halo but it is a tactic I use on Battlefield. :P

The bullet path on that sniper rifle gives you away to everyone, everywhere, instantly. I fail to see why they thought that was a good idea...

In Halo though it's generally a good idea, that, and bullet paths in Battlefield fade fast, and given the general maps of the game, aren't very easy to trace - by the time you're there, he's taken 15 more shots are you OR has moved to a completely new location.

I fail to see why they thought that was a good idea...

Prevent campers, to see bullet pathing from ricochet shots.

nerf refers to the game designers installing an update that reduces the damage of a weapon

I'm aware of its meaning

Hardcore mode with an ACOG scope, that thing is practically a sniper rifle.

The Tar-21 when silenced kills anyone at any range in Hardcore as well, very powerful indeed. :O

The Model 1887's were alright I guess, but I generally didn't care much for MW2 weapons anyway - they all kill very fast so... lol :P

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Then again, a good humiliation is priceless.

It gets old :<

Either way, I prefer the slightly more realistic approach of Call of Duty not using bullet trails at all.

Hitscan is poor, I dislike it :<

Bullet trails are "meh" honestly, in real life you would be pretty capable of easily seeing where a bullet came from, even if you didn't see it. I got shot at by a pellet gun when going out in the forest with two other friends and everything around me said that it was coming from behind.

None of us got hit, but it was darn close. :P

I prefer to be completely off the radar.

Meh. Being completely off the radar doesn't really work well for CoD simply because it's such a small map half the time you're bound to be found.

Being completely off the radar would eliminate the fun and the fairness in Bad Company 2 if you ask me. Whilst Recons generally are being useless for their time there's no denying that being unable to actually counter them (with a class that isn't Recon) is pretty lame.

There's nothing you can do to gain an in-game advantage if you're getting demolished.

Not always is something being used. Plus, you can be quite dynamic in some ways, special tactics you could use that don't really require anything in terms of weaponry / positions etc.
Trying to find creative ways to use equipment in Halo would be exceptional - using your Trip Mine to kill someone and then taking his Rocket Launcher is very efficient, you just need the right way to do it.

You know, Stickies are a dynamic weapon too. I once seen a guy throw a sticky at a guy throwing a sticky and they both bounced towards one of them, killing him.

Pretty awesome to see something like that happen, very little chances of it ever occuring lol.

you die, you respawn, everyone rushes for the rocket launcher or sniper rifle. It's fair, but it's extremely repetitive.

Each time there is a different selection of who gets what and when / where. In CoD it's picking your same class, the only thing that changes is the positions each of you are in and if there are any other factors (read: Killstreaks) involved.

There's nothing you can do to gain an in-game advantage if you're getting demolished.

Apart from "being good", there's nothing you can do on CoD apart from shoot down the killstreaks, though.

He kicks the magazine out with the back of his hand and puts a new one in, letting you reload just a tiny bit faster.

I quick reload so it barely effects me. The animations are pretty cool with the FAL and it has always felt like a "firm" weapon but I've never really enjoyed semi-automatic Assault Rifles.

Except the AA-12. For some reason, the automatic shotgun was the worst of them, not sure how that's possible.

Really stupid hit registration and a poor response time.

- H
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok I have tried many class combos but none work that great, therefore I have a free class slot. Here r my current classes
Expolsive
Tar-grenade launcher
Rpg
Scavenger pro
Danger close pro
Scrambler pro
Flash
Semtex

Stealth
M4a1-red dot, silencer
Stinger
Bling pro
Cold blooded pro
Ninja pro
Stun
Throwing knife

All around
M4a1 holographic
Model 1887 akimbo
Scavenger pro
Hardline pro
Comando pro
Flash
Throwing knife

Power
Scar-silencer
Desert eagle akimbo
Scavenger pro
Stopping power pro
Comando pro
Flash
Claymore

All these classes work great but I need Somme good ideas for my last one. I have tried some snipers and scout classes and they were good, but not great. Anyone have any recommendations?

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Here's is a nice class for u

P90 - rapid fire
.44 magnum - tactical knife

Marathon pro
Lightweight pro
Commando pro

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Thanks, I will try. I might change it a little. Any other recommendations?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

And Highfire u lie! There is something u can do to avoid killstreaks. I have an entire class made for it
Cold blooded
And uh I could use some more class options. Nightwish, ur class is good but people get used to what I'm doing. Some people even male the same class. I used to use the same class with mini Uzi but everyone copied it and u did bad.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Hey just giving advice haven't seen u post a very good class to.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I tried out the p90, it was pretty good. I was thinking about putting stoping power on but I don't need it. And my classes r great! My only problem is I run out of ammo on my stealth class to quick. And I'm struggling to make the p90 class or a sniper class

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Also I love this one

M4a1 holographic silencer
Javelin

Bling pro
Cold blooded pro
Steady aim pro

Or

Acr fm
Model 1887 fmj

Sleight of hand
Danger close
Sitrep

Note I play hardcore so I don't use stopping power

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ur m4a1class is alot like mine. I have ninja pro, red dot and stinger though

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

The days when you could actually effectively kill a enemy aircraft with MG's.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Also known as Sleight of Hand,

... Sleight of Hand is Sleight of Hand, I'm not talking about the perk :P

And then hackers made it automatic. Jerks.

Just switch your shoot to the mousewheel :P

And in real life, you generally don't see where a bullet came from until it's too late.

Balance > Realism. :P

You generally don't have to worry about not hitting someone when you get 299 more tries.

An actual pellet, aimed at each of our heads, from a guy we didn't know...
That wasn't playing xD

- H
Showing 481-495 of 3990