The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839612
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Wow you remember all the games you played.
And I wasn't talking about u since from your posts I have seen you play very much games.

I will try to.
Fable trilogy.
All COD games.
All Btf games.
All AoE games.
Mass Effect 1 planning to play 2.
Halo 1 2 3 odst wars and reach.
Starcraft 1
Civilization 3 - 5
C&c generals and red alert 2
Mirrors edge
Half life.
Some old duke nukem.
Whole Total War series.
Morrowind and oblivion
Fallout 2 3 and NV
Minecraft

TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

Highfire + Your last 2 comments =
Cool story, bro.
LOL. Anyways. Not every 12 year old kid is annoying. Some of them have no mics or actually they are really nice, calm, respectful people. But all the adults playing the games always have to make us feel like crap. But it is always nice to picture themselves as a no job, living in mom's basement jerks. I know that is harsh but it is hard to think about that when you are called a girl 4 times in each sentence, or any other insult not permitted to be spoken on the forums.
But let's just say it starts with F and ends with uck.
Firetruck of course

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Wow you remember all the games you played.

I can almost guarantee I've forgotten a fair portion of them that I played when I was much younger. Kariboh ... or Hariboh or something was a game that I really enjoyed... there's a lot of old games that I remember playing but don't remember the name of.

Wow... how could I forget Dragonball Z Budokai and Tenkchaichi?
Epic fail :P

And I wasn't talking about u since from your posts I have seen you play very much games.

... True. :P

... Also, how did I forget to mention Mass Effect? Something is wrong with me I have to say.

Oh, and Minecraft LOL

Mass Effect were astonishing games, I suggest you play both ME2 and ME3.

Old Duke Nukem? Duke Nukem 3D?

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

I'm going to get this back on the topic of COD... Do you think wager matches will return? and if so, how would they do it?

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Wager Matches are a Black Ops thing, you can see the differences between IW-MW and the Trey-CoD games already.
No Zombies.
No Wager Matches.
Maybe not even customization that was present in Black Ops.

It's rediculous, Wager Matches were a decent part of the game - a sequel should (as posted in the LONG quote if I remember correctly) keep the good bits, refine them, get rid of the bad bits, and add some new things if possible to make it an actual new game.

- H

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The campaign mode on Black Ops was better than what I expected. I thought it was just going to be a World at War rehash, but it wasn't. I was a little confused with the whole Reznov situation, guess that's what I get for not being observant. With the guy in the tunnel asking what's wrong with me and such after Mason got done talking to Reznov. He was supposed dead at Vortuka, but then I went on YouTube and on the terminal someone read some messages from a John Trent and his ending message was something along the lines of "Now it's freedom for the BOTH of us". At the escape of Vortuka Reznov said "It's only freedom for you, Mason.".

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Wager Matches are a Black Ops thing, you can see the differences between IW-MW and the Trey-CoD games already.
No Zombies.
No Wager Matches.
Maybe not even customization that was present in Black Ops.

It's rediculous, Wager Matches were a decent part of the game - a sequel should (as posted in the LONG quote if I remember correctly) keep the good bits, refine them, get rid of the bad bits, and add some new things if possible to make it an actual new game.

- H
Well, at least they're improving Spec Ops, although I will be disappointed if they don't bring back something similar to wager matches.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Well, at least they're improving Spec Ops,

Something being implemented in Battlefield 3 :P

No but seriously, upgrading Spec Ops is too difficult to count, when you consider that the missions were unique etc.
The Snowy one in Alpha was my favourite, because I like covert ops and it reminded me of playing the first mission in James Bond: Nightfire.

although I will be disappointed if they don't bring back something similar to wager matches.

Be ready to be disappointed - if it was gonna be there, they would've said it by now I would think.

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Be ready to be disappointed - if it was gonna be there, they would've said it by now I would think.
I personally think that that would be something they would keep under the radar for a while, with Black Ops it wasn't announced until late September, almost to the games release.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I personally think that that would be something they would keep under the radar for a while, with Black Ops it wasn't announced until late September, almost to the games release.

True. They don't seem to open up to the very end - which is bloody annoying.

I would go ahead and say "It's because there's not really any new stuff to show very well" but hey... I don't know why - I just think they should forward their open-ness to the level of DICE, they've shown a hell of a lot over the last few months.

And they've listened to the community, bringing back the Comm-rose and taking out 3D Spotting.

Anyway... on topic.

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

True. They don't seem to open up to the very end - which is bloody annoying.

I would go ahead and say "It's because there's not really any new stuff to show very well" but hey... I don't know why - I just think they should forward their open-ness to the level of DICE, they've shown a hell of a lot over the last few months.

And they've listened to the community, bringing back the Comm-rose and taking out 3D Spotting.

Anyway... on topic.
Treyarch does a pretty good job listening to the community, not IW as much... and I actually like the fact that they don't release that much, it makes the experience a lot more fresh when the game comes out.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Treyarch does a pretty good job listening to the community, not IW as much...

With what exactly?
Neither have been effective listeners nor explainers for their actions, as far as I know.
Valid explanations.

and I actually like the fact that they don't release that much, it makes the experience a lot more fresh when the game comes out.

It doesn't let you know the game you're buying. A demo would introduce most of the features (if not all) when you play it, and how else do you know you're getting your moneys worth?

It's a later game in what people think is a good series - but in this case I really don't think that means you can put that amount of trust into them.

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

With what exactly?
Neither have been effective listeners nor explainers for their actions, as far as I know.
Valid explanations.
All of the wager matches were community made, all the new perks in zombies were community inspired, all of the power weapons in Black Ops were community inspired, separating equipment from grenades(although a small detail) was a community idea, and the story was made through different ideas from the community.
It doesn't let you know the game you're buying. A demo would introduce most of the features (if not all) when you play it, and how else do you know you're getting your moneys worth?
Meh, If I'm disappointed with the game some desperate person will always be willing to buy it for a high price, possibly more than I payed for it even.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

All of the wager matches were community made, all the new perks in zombies were community inspired, all of the power weapons in Black Ops were community inspired,

Sadly... :< These are all not part of the "main game", if you catch my drift. It feels like Wager Matches, Zombies, Multiplayer and Singleplayer are all "separate" things that you get - it's strange but true.

Wager matches were diar for PC players because the money gained or lost was so little. If they updated that I would've played it a ton.

separating equipment from grenades(although a small detail) was a community idea

A small detail? It's freakin' big lol

The options and capabilities of players is seriously widened with an extra equipment slot - the only problem is that a lot of the equipment could be considered overpowered or cheesey (e.g Claymore)

and the story was made through different ideas from the community.

I would be sure that the story was based through community ideas though, I truthfully don't know but stories etc are theorized and theorycrafted and guessed and judged on before one even comes out - thousands of ideas were indefinitely made before the story of Black Ops was released.

- H
silentone43423
silentone43423
5 posts
Nomad

MW3 survival mode looks cool but it is only 2 player. what are u hoping for in MW3

Showing 526-540 of 3990