The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839613
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

what are u hoping for in MW3

We just did that. :P

I suggest you skip to at least the last page and read the latest comments before posting, silentone43423. It generally helps understand the context of what's being said / done etc.

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

overpowered or cheesey (e.g Claymore)

How is it overpowered and/or cheesy? It is just right.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

Meh, If I'm disappointed with the game some desperate person will always be willing to buy it for a high price, possibly more than I payed for it even.

eh... why would they be desperate if they can just buy the most recent sequel to the most popular video game franchise at their local Gamestop/EB Games?

-Chillz
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I will tell why I think it is overpowered.
The players now can throw random 'nades which in a regular game I got killed by twice. Yes I'm noob, problems?! Fight!?. And after the random 'nades they get to a campspot, defense it with claymore and start camping.

And there aren't that much useful equipment things.
The camera is useless.
C4 can be useful but claymore is the same except you don't have to detonate it yourself.
Tactical insertion worked in mw2 due to the jumps and secret spots but in BO you don't have much of these jumps.
Jammer. If my radar is jammed I go careful look for enemies. Because you know there will be one guarding his jammer.
Claymore. I bet most used equipment.
Bazangi0
Bazangi0
8 posts
Nomad

hala vim the best at cod keea

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

A defensive alarm that kills the enemy when he approaches that requires no skill but good placement - and unless you're an idiot, you can always get a good placement with Claymores.

Meh, If I'm disappointed with the game some desperate person will always be willing to buy it for a high price, possibly more than I payed for it even.

I've no idea how that is relevant.

eh... why would they be desperate if they can just buy the most recent sequel to the most popular video game franchise at their local Gamestop/EB Games?

I'm not going to answer that.

The players now can throw random 'nades which in a regular game I got killed by twice.

Bare in mind though the grenade throwing distance is significantly shorter, to the point of being absolutely dumb.
Throw a grenade when you're looking directly up - it will land BEHIND you.
Now, do that in CoD4.

Yes I'm noob, problems?! Fight!?

Not on CoD, noob or not, you'd still be able to lay a few kills. Especially considering how dull 1v1 can easily be on FPS's. :P
1v1 on Starcraft II, noaw.

And after the random 'nades they get to a campspot, defense it with claymore and start camping.

An example of how having equipment / grenades being separate slots being relatively significant.

What's worse, though, is that you cannot get another claymore, even with Scavenger. Very disappointing.

... So... are you for or against Claymores? :P

Haha yup. Same applied for the MW2 perk, though. It made people look for you. The only advantage a Jammer has is that it can be used for a trap. But then you have to camp the site.

It's not too bad a perk though, it can be used counter-psychologically. If you're below the guy in a building and his Radar st-- t-- off, he's going to be defending himself in a corner.
Take the map Rundown, for example. Do you know the large building on that map, with a lot of free space to shoot from up the stairs? If he hides in the corner you're free to jump to the metal roof and kill him from behind because of Scrambler.

Plant your C4 on the ceiling above you as a sniper, or on the walls. If you get shot in the back, double-tap [X] (on Xbox, of course) and blow you and him to pieces. Very satisfying.

... Or you could not die by planting a Claymore at the entrance... :P

Claymore is indefinitely overpowered, if you're going to have adrenline-rushing entertainment, don't have a literally brainless weapon be so powerful - or there at all.

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

For those of you on Xbox, how's Moon?

WorthlessNL
WorthlessNL
9 posts
Peasant

Claymore is also nice for just that extra kill. Just put it up on a regularly used path and you will get that kill. Later on you will find some ammo and you can place one more. Pa-dam, 2 kills were you didnt even have to work for

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

I don't know, man...for me, that's a cue to search the building and kill him. I switch to my primary and flashbang the most likely camping spot, and it generally hits him. To me, the Scrambler perk is basically a fuzzy UAV to your position. The closer you get, the more fuzzy it gets. And come on, who's going to see that and run away? Scrambler is like hanging fresh meat over your head: anyone nearby can smell you and hunts you like a dog.

I totally agree. I have no idea why people use that perk. I would only use it if I'm runnin'-and-gunnin'. That's the only time I see it would be useful. Other than that, it's completely worthless.
I do kinda like the Jammer on B.O. I put it in a high traffic area then run away. Jammer is pretty useful if you don't have it near you. Otherwise, it's pretty much just like Scrambler.
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

If you were really good, and you might be, consider slapping it onto a sniper class, then planting it in a popular camping area, then move off and cover it from a distance. Enemies will hunt it down to get a kill, and even if they don't, they will still destroy/hack the Jammer for points towards Challenges. Pick them off.

Hm, I've never thought of that before, that's a good idea!

That's why I use decoys. People flock to them like lost sheep. If I'm sniping (or, yes, camping) I throw them near a seemingly un-popular area near my position, and pick everyone off who falls for my trap. It's amazing how many people fall for decoys.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah. I find it pretty easy to find out if it's a decoy or not cauz decoys shoot in random bursts and if my teammates r not there then I know it's a decoy. What u do is play free for all and drop two of them cauz it looks like they r having a fire fight. Lots of people come then.... Even the smarter ones. And I killed a person with a decoy once. He was in last stand and u though I had a flash but it was a decoy and it hit him in the head and he died lol

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Yeah. I find it pretty easy to find out if it's a decoy or not cauz decoys shoot in random bursts and if my teammates r not there then I know it's a decoy.

Yup. Also, it normally sounds like an AK47U or a FAl.

What u do is play free for all and drop two of them cauz it looks like they r having a fire fight. Lots of people come then....

Huh. I've never really thought of making it look like to people are having a fire fight. I always find decoys useful in FFA.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yes the fire fight works cauz everyone comes for it cauz it looks real if u put one behind a bunker. And it's best to be a sniper for that and get kills from a distance so the don't find u

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Not me. I usually flash myself lol. I hope they do the lethal, tactical and equipment thing in mw3. Even though it's not really in the same series it work great. I thought it was awesome and the balances it by not getting to restock ur equipment

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT STARC- haha just kidding.

Hehe

but it's rediculous that you can scavage anything but Clays and C4.

I agree, they should let you Scavenge anything :/

But, I should say that I don't think the Claymore should be in the game at all - it's a plan - wait - free kill no skill weapon, as far as I'm concerned.

Although I should say my priorities (skill and balance) are probably not the developers priorities (fun and brainless game - not something bad, but not something good - especially as a Triple A game imo).

Scrambler is like hanging fresh meat over your head: anyone nearby can smell you and hunts you like a dog.

I don't think they ran a Multiplayer Beta for the game.
A lot of things go unanswered in a game without a beta.

True. But it's kind of fun to denote C4 with your last breath. Depends. It's significantly less efficient, since you die, but it's still a way to have fun.

I'm not one for whackyness unless it's actually useful xD

On that note, it's a shame you can't attach C4 to buddies or yourself, would be pretty cool. xD

Excluding Riot Shields of course.

True, but then again, it's perfect back-up for holding down a bomb site, flag, or common ground, like a doorway frequently used by enemies.

... And that's why it's bad... :P

Claymore always takes out the first guy.

... I know :P That's why it's bad xD

Yes, it is a brainless, guaranteed kill on the closest player who walks into it, but that's still a kill, and it does a good job of saving your life.

Basically why it's bad. If you just took it out, it would remove any solidified safety.

but it is well camoflaged lying inside it.

I think that would be funny, I've often had moments where I've looked at something, been like "Hrmmm...." as in I question what is going on because it doesn't look right.

Only too late I find out. :P

2 kills were you didnt even have to work for

... That's why I think it's overpowered, you know.

If you were really good, and you might be,

By the way - I'd like to ask what you think is actual skill?
What I saw in your last paragraph (following the quoted text) was actually very simple - at a very young age I looked at psychological effects through what exactly you say and the attitude you do it in, and even applied psychology to my games...

That sounds like simple psychology, it's more of a "technique" than skill, but I think the places you put it in an etc - what time, etc, will make it the most efficient / deadly / skillful. :P

- H
Showing 541-555 of 3990