The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839597
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

C4 is fun. Speeking of sticking something I stuck my teammate with a Semtex and got a kill as he ran in all kamakazi! It normal tdm so he didn't die. But the best thing for c4 is in domination u place it at the flag and when u here were lossing bravo u blow it up and get killz. I got a triple kill doing that. Also if u play capture the flag with a speed class then when people r chasing u u put the c4 on the ground as u run and blow it up as u run away. It works pretty good

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

C4 is fun. Speeking of sticking something I stuck my teammate with a Semtex and got a kill as he ran in all kamakazi! It normal tdm so he didn't die. But the best thing for c4 is in domination u place it at the flag and when u here were lossing bravo u blow it up and get killz. I got a triple kill doing that. Also if u play capture the flag with a speed class then when people r chasing u u put the c4 on the ground as u run and blow it up as u run away. It works pretty good

Yeah I love C4. It's soo fun to use, especially with a riot shield. I wonder if they will have that in MW3.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I hope so. It was the last two most popular Cod games so I think it will be

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I agree, they should let you Scavenge anything :/

But, I should say that I don't think the Claymore should be in the game at all - it's a plan - wait - free kill no skill weapon, as far as I'm concerned.

Scavange anything.
You know how CoD would look like. 6 or more players in a map spawning. run to a spot. Place Claymore and wait. But nobody comes becuase they want to get a kill with their Claymore, scavange it and get another kill. If they did that weapons would be unnecessary.
It would be like. Claymore - kill - resupply - claymore - kill - resupply. And so on. You get my point.

But delete the claymore from the game would make CoD better. Not good, just better.
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Oh I never new this site supported Console based series too in there forums, I thought it would just all be on there Flash games... Good idea though, will probably get more people into the forums

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

But delete the claymore from the game would make CoD better.

Bro, I already said that. lol

Good idea though, will probably get more people into the forums

Well, there's also threads about Popular Media (which means music, movies, etc), Religion, Politics, World Events (which can count anything, really), Programming Help.

Got it all here, you just have to dig for it.

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

But, I should say that I don't think the Claymore should be in the game at all - it's a plan - wait - free kill no skill weapon, as far as I'm concerned.

Just like the Noob tube? (Aka. Grenade Launcher). You said before that it should remain, Why not the same for the Claymore? They are both 'no skill' weapons.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

They are both 'no skill' weapons.

The way they are used, they're no skill. The calibre of players does not allow the grenade launchers to be used as ineffectively as they should be.

They should be used as alternative-weapons, just as they're alternative modes on a weapon. Instead of going AROUND to attempt to kill the guy behind the wall you can use the Grenade Launcher to kill him if you know he's there.

It prevents escape.

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Just like you can use the Claymore to make sure he doesn't get you.

You could also put a claymore on the door, so if he does decide to move, boom.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Just like you can use the Claymore to make sure he doesn't get you.

That takes no effort. The time it takes to take our your Grenade Launcher and shoot the guy from behind a wall is more than enough time for him to effectively run away - but you also have the possibility (and even probability) of him peeking and shooting you in that time. It's psychological between those two players because they're both involved.

You could also put a claymore on the door, so if he does decide to move, boom.

What?

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

But delete the claymore from the game would make CoD better.

Bro, I already said that. lol

Yes but I was confirming that.

They are both 'no skill' weapons.

They should be used as alternative-weapons, just as they're alternative modes on a weapon. Instead of going AROUND to attempt to kill the guy behind the wall you can use the Grenade Launcher to kill him if you know he's there.

It prevents escape.

But that is not much used. Most of the times it is used people start. Grab the GL and if they see a enemy - Boom kill him.

I think there should be a defense from GL. I mean In mw2 you have a riot shield and a blast shield. If there is a GL shot which explodes 5 m of you (not real distances.) you die. It isn't that helpful whilst when you look at the picture it is a full metal shield.

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

But that is not much used.

Because it's effective as your primary weapon.

I don't think Grenade Launchers should stay as they are - but I don't think they need to go, either.

It isn't that helpful whilst when you look at the picture it is a full metal shield.

There shouldn't always be direct counter-balances to things. Cold-blood vs tracking methods or Flak Jacket against explosives - it defeats the purpose of them being there, and I think there should be more skilled and intense methods of actually making them unworthy options.

- H
Zoey1092
Zoey1092
111 posts
Nomad

Claymores Should Stay Because The Way I Play Their Useful. I Useful Play In Nuketown And Hide In A Building. I Plant My Claymore And The Back Porch And Snipe People At The Stairs. Its An Effective Method

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Actually, Black Ops helped change that by toning the damage on the grenade launcher down.

To the point where a person with Flak Jacket could survive a direct hit from a Grenade Launcher AND its explosion - I've seen it happen.

Don't have a counter to explosives like that, it's rediculous.

Not many people use them in Black Ops. That was one of the few things I appreciated about that game.

Yeah but it would still be used incorrectly. Don't try and entice players to not get the attachment, just make it ineffective in certain situations.
Unless of course they remove the hard-counter and reduce the damage even more - to the point where it could take an enemies HP away 50%?

Balance > Realism, and CoD wasn't realistic in the first place. :P

So what do you expect from a Perk?

Extra ammo?
Faster / longer sprint?
Quicker transition from prone to stand / crouch?
Quicker reload time?
No sway on scope / more held breath?
Switch weapons faster?
Smaller hipfire?
Better bullet penetration?
More weapon damage?
More health? (Yes, I'm well aware of what it caused in CoD4)
2 Primary Weapons, with no Secondary?
More than one attachment? (On another note, Battlefield 3 will allow 3 attachment slots without perks)
Less kills for a Killstreak? (a feature which to be honest I don't like)
All previously used, but there's plenty of options.

A counter-balance is impossible to avoid.

A hard counter? A soft counter I can deal with, but near-invulnerability to explosives is stupid.

If you can increase an explosive weapon's damage, it's logical to make a Perk to fight that.

No, because then you have this fist stacking where the person who countered first gets a counter for the counter, or it could stop before that - or go after that. It makes a rotation which is rediculous and contrary to the point of the perk - an in-game disadvantage.
It shallows the game if two players have counter-productive perks, because that takes away 1 third of your uniqueness.

Back in CoD4, there was Hardened, which increased bullet damage (offense) and Juggernaut to increase health (defensive). Marathon to get to enemies faster (offensive), Claymores (they used to be a blue Perk) to stop them from flanking you (defensive).

Actually I'd consider Claymores both, and Marathon as a Utility perk - it only helps your sprint, it doesn't help you when you're actually in combat.

Unless of course you're running away, but that's not really fighting, now is it? :P

There aren't ALWAYS balances, but they have to exist.

With CoD they exist.

It would only defeat the purpose if the entire team used one and the entire other team used the opposite.

That's really my point. But why bother with the whole team, the same principle applies once Person A has enhanced bullets when Person B has enhanced health.

to gain an advantage.

Snipers have the advantage, though - because of defensive claymores.
The main way to beat that is to use the Grenade Launcher, or go up there and kill him. You shouldn't need to kill to adapt.

- H
D34th4rr0w77
D34th4rr0w77
6 posts
Nomad

MW3 will be the best yet!

Showing 556-570 of 3990