The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839592
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
D34th4rr0w77
D34th4rr0w77
6 posts
Nomad

Plenty of stuff that is new in MW3 will be awesome.I Think it will be awesome!

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

To the point where a person with Flak Jacket could survive a direct hit from a Grenade Launcher AND its explosion - I've seen it happen.
Don't have a counter to explosives like that, it's rediculous.

Well direct impact should be one shot one kill. But imagine mw2 with no blast shield and stuff. Then you shoot an tube with the damage of an AC 130 bullet. (a little over reacting.). But you know what would be nice. That with blast shield when a tube gets closer then .. M it kills you. And from .. M to .. M you get that effect which you have in Bo when you are in a house and a Rolling Thunder hits the roof. That weir blur effect.

Actually I'd consider Claymores both, and Marathon as a Utility perk - it only helps your sprint, it doesn't help you when you're actually in combat.

Unless of course you're running away, but that's not really fighting, now is it? :P

Well if your out of bullets you take a run and try to knife the person. Or if you are shooting at a sniper in the window and he is hiding you quickly run up and kill him.

Plenty of stuff that is new in MW3 will be awesome.I Think it will be awesome!

Well name one major change in mw3. So I don't count maps and the 4 new weapons. And mw3 is multiplayer so don't say spec ops cuz you buy it for multiplayer although it is a nice idea.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

The time it takes to take our your Grenade Launcher and shoot the guy from behind a wall

2 Seconds to push left arrow, and draw out the weapon. 2 Seconds to aim it into the right postion. 1/2 Second to fire - 1/2 to land the shot at the place you are aiming.

So, it takes about 5 (give or take) seconds to kill someone with a GL from a weapon.
Claymore
2 Seconds to push up arrow and draw the claymore, 2 Seconds to find a good location 1 second to plant it 1/2 to push fire key 1 second to plant

So it takes about 6 1/2 (give or take) seconds to plant a claymore, let alone get them to walk over it. And in those 6 second he can easily run around the corner and knife you.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

So it takes about 6 1/2 (give or take) seconds to plant a claymore, let alone get them to walk over it. And in those 6 second he can easily run around the corner and knife you.

Well it can if 1 he knows where you are and 2 if you put in random in a hallway it takes 1 sec.

So, it takes about 5 (give or take) seconds to kill someone with a GL from a weapon.
Claymore
2 Seconds to push up arrow and draw the claymore, 2 Seconds to find a good location 1 second to plant it 1/2 to push fire key 1 second to plant

Okay but why plant 1 claymore twice.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

heard sledgehammer is creatin a game that in multi u can drive tanks

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I fail to see how you could take that long to plant a single Clay.

Well it can take me 10 sec sometimes but that is only If I'd try to put it in an object or just around the corner.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

It should take you zero seconds to find a good location

Lolwut? Finding a good location takes time mate. A good location is not in the middle of nowhere. It's in a doorway on a angle of 45 degrees from the enemy, and not too close or else they can shoot it. A good positioned claymore should take about 6 seconds.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

to find a good hidin spot, practice in combat trainin the guys wont b that hard but u get to b able to figure good spots in somewat of fire

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

A good positioned claymore should take about 6 seconds.

But it doesn't, it takes literally 1-2 seconds, probably like half a second - look at the map, see where the combat is, go there, bam, you can find a claymore spot instantaneously from there. That's half a second of thinking with the majority of it being something you should do anyway.

It's in a doorway on a angle of 45 degrees from the enemy, and not too close or else they can shoot it.

Yeah and that's horrendously easy to do.

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

But it doesn't, it takes literally 1-2 seconds, probably like half a second - look at the map, see where the combat is, go there, bam, you can find a claymore spot instantaneously from there. That's half a second of thinking with the majority of it being something you should do anyway.

Yep, run into the middle of combat with a claymore equipped. Great idea.

I admit, I did spread out the timeframe a little bit :P
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Unless the spawning system gets you killed or you're an idiot, you should be fine finding a suitable location with relative safety.

I admit, I did spread out the timeframe a little bit :P

Just a little. xD

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Actually you can use that as some kind of martyr but it is stupid cuz you have to die. Do never mind.
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

you have to admit the xbox 360 has beta grafics for cod but i supose ps3 hase free online for it

there is actually no graphics difference for CoD between Xbox and Ps3, it depends on your T.V and if your using an HDMI. Your just clearly a fan boy
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Your just clearly a fan boy

Or just misinformed. Don't try to accuse someone of something after you've just said they're wrong.
Can you prove that is the case, though?
No? Oh, then I think you're an idiot ^^

- H
IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

So which do you think is better... Treyarch or Infinity Ward?
Personally I like Infinty Ward because of Cod 4 and MW2, but I like Treyarch because of zombies and World at War.

Showing 571-585 of 3990