The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839578
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

So which do you think is better... Treyarch or Infinity Ward?

Both are bad, I'd rather not decide which is the lesser of two evils ^^

Personally I like Infinty Ward because of Cod 4 and MW2, but I like Treyarch because of zombies and World at War.

CoD4? Fine.
MW2? lol.
Zombies? Meh.
WaW? Not applicable, not a played game by me.

- H
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

CoD4? Fine.
MW2? lol.
Zombies? Meh.
WaW? Not applicable, not a played game by me.

Seems to me like you don't like CoD games at all 0.o

I like Treyarch because they listen to the community more then Infinity Ward. The new 'Express' mode with no Last Stand or Ghost made me want to jump for joy. Also, I love the Zombies game mode, and I find that the storyline on the Campaign is way batter for their games.

Infinity Ward is just... meh. Their games have better gameplay, and multiplayer online for MW2 was highly addictive. Black Ops mulitplayer was so boring. I play it occasionally, but mostly I play zombies.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Seems to me like you don't like CoD games at all 0.o

I only appreciate ProMod on Call of Duty 4 and the general gameplay of it.

I like Treyarch because they listen to the community more then Infinity Ward.

Which would be fine, if the community suggested good things.
And I say that because if they did listen to the community suggesting good things... why is it such a bad game?

The new 'Express' mode with no Last Stand or Ghost made me want to jump for joy.

Yay, removing pieces of the game makes you happy.
That's strange >.>

The "Express" mode could've easily been implemented through better Dedicated Servers.

Also, I love the Zombies game mode,

It's alright, I've not really had a lot of friends to play with on it and have a good laugh, which is probably why I don't see how it's fun, but meh.

and I find that the storyline on the Campaign is way batter for their games.

It was alright, again. It was hugely overhyped and because of how SIMPLE the story was but how complex they tried to put it I was only surprised and disappointed when I found out what was actually going on - there was no elaborate plot, but they said there was - and that was what made it so mysterious.

Infinity Ward is just... meh. Their games have better gameplay,

MW2 is a cancer of the game industry and CoD4 was awesome but not grown (as in it was pretty basic in comparison to any game now).

and multiplayer online for MW2 was highly addictive.

It attracts people who want brainless fun. I can safely say that its multiplayer was bad in innovation, balance and realism.

Black Ops mulitplayer was so boring.

I found that for most CoD games, including CoD4 now.

I play it occasionally, but mostly I play zombies.

I will only play CoD4 ProMod with a friend, it's good to practice good aim and reactions, etc.

- H
visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

My favorite wep is a Ak74u because great accuracy,Fire rate great,Damage 2 second kill.pluss looks bad a$$.So great gun.

-Legend

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

That's strange >.>

Sorry to say but it makes you happy and that is why u use promod.

It's alright, I've not really had a lot of friends to play with on it and have a good laugh, which is probably why I don't see how it's fun, but meh.

Well that is the same as playing soccer on your own and saying it isn't fun. Soccer is more fun with 22 people or at least 8. Same for Cod zombies. With 4 people you have more fun than with one.

MW2 is a cancer of the game industry and CoD4 was awesome but not grown (as in it was pretty basic in comparison to any game now).

THere are people f**king dying of cancer you moron. You really offended me here you little punk.
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

And I say that because if they did listen to the community suggesting good things... why is it such a bad game?

Never said anything about Black Ops/WaW being good games, just said I like Treyarch because they listen to the community.

That's strange >.>

...? I never said I like Last Stand or Ghost. Campers exist because of Ghost. Even though Ghost can be useful at times, it just gets on my nerves, because I rely on my radar. And Last Stand is simply annoying. No more, no less.

It was alright, again. It was hugely overhyped and because of how SIMPLE the story was but how complex they tried to put it I was only surprised and disappointed when I found out what was actually going on - there was no elaborate plot, but they said there was - and that was what made it so mysterious.

I liked how they integrated new characters. And it made me actually think about it for a bit. MW2 had virtually no plot at all, except for the tiniest bit at the end. I loved WaW's campaign, though. So epic.

It attracts people who want brainless fun. I can safely say that its multiplayer was bad in innovation, balance and realism.

True. But then again, when I play video games, it's mostly to just have fun. I don't care if it's 'brainless', it was still fun. And besides, what does it matter? To me, no matter how much or what kind of fun you are having, it's still fun.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Sorry to say but it makes you happy and that is why u use promod.

Yeah, which is a mod. Why make a legit mode where you remove things?

Well that is the same as playing soccer on your own and saying it isn't fun. Soccer is more fun with 22 people or at least 8. Same for Cod zombies. With 4 people you have more fun than with one.

Yeah, I know, which is why I'm not going to pass a lot of judgement on Zombies - it's more or less based on who you play with.

THere are people f**king dying of cancer you moron. You really offended me here you little punk.

I didn't say I didn't know that. Take offense to it - it wasn't my intention though. You don't do anything for "your cause" when you're aggressive like that.

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Yeah, which is a mod. Why make a legit mode where you remove things

I don't see the problem. Why make a game mode where you delete the radar or a game mode where you cant choose your own killstreak. They make it because there are people who like it.

I didn't say I didn't know that. Take offense to it - it wasn't my intention though. You don't do anything for "your cause" when you're aggressive like that.

Maybe It wasn't your intention but you aren't apologizing to people who lost friends or family because of cancer and you should mind your words. And you are violating the rules.

Quote from the rules
" No excessive swearing or language"
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

just said I like Treyarch because they listen to the community.

... I wouldn't say that outbalances the bad things about them.
Namely the making of a bad game, I'm afraid :P

...? I never said I like Last Stand or Ghost.

I said they were pieces of the game... O.o

Campers exist because of Ghost.

They exist because people are stupid or bad players. Ghost, whilst a great help in defending yourself from being tracked, doesn't mean you're anywhere near invulnerable. A good CoD team would travel together.

Even though Ghost can be useful at times, it just gets on my nerves, because I rely on my radar.

With Ghost being part of the little-evolving metagame, I would suggest you learn to adapt if anything.

And Last Stand is simply annoying. No more, no less.

I agree, but I don't see why having a mode where it's removed makes the game any better when quite frankly this perk shouldn't be there in the first place.

I loved WaW's campaign, though. So epic.

No idea what it was :P

They make it because there are people who like it.

Let modders do the community work, if CoD developers made a bad game and modders made it awesome, I may actually have bought it.

Simple fact - you can't cater to everyone. Getting free backup that vastly improves the longevity of a game is much more smart, much more entertaining, and much less taxing.

Maybe It wasn't your intention but you aren't apologizing to people who lost friends or family because of cancer and you should mind your words.

I'm not apologizing because I wouldn't have used the word otherwise. I am using the word cancer in terms of how the condition usually works - I could be sorry if people are hurt by this, and in some cases I would be, but right now this is the Internet and I think people who have lost others wouldn't find it unreasonable that I used the word.

And you are violating the rules.

Cancer isn't swearing. It is not an immature or dumb word...
O.o If anything, that is more insulting. If people don't have the maturity to say that word on a serious level (which was exactly what I was doing) then they're the ones who should be considered "breaking the rules".

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Let modders do the community work

Well but modders don't make nice mods for every game. I have Black ops and I haven't seen any nice mod.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I have Black ops and I haven't seen any nice mod.

Maybe if Treyarch threw it some mod tools, you would.

That, and the CoD community is apalling - I wouldn't expect much good from them anymore. Although, if you do want nice mods, you've got a few zombie ones (being a zombie / zombie survival) on CoD4, as well as Obscurity Mods, which were insanely fun and of course ProMod, where your skills will actually be tested (these will be on PB servers so you cannot shout "Hax!" :P ).

Well but modders don't make nice mods for every game.

Not all mods are awesome, although noteworthy ones I've found on Starcraft II alone that I would pay more for than a CoD game would be:
Star Battle
Smashcraft (definitely)
Desert Strike 1338
Footmen
MineralZ
MineralZ 2 (A sequel)
Raynor party
Left 2 Die (Always liked the name too)

To name but a few, the only thing I have a problem with is that there could easily be better mods than the ones I've just mentioned that haven't been popular and thus I have not seen :/ The only reason I think Smashcraft was so popular at the start was because Totalbiscuit done an interview with the guy who made it.

I spent 7 hours obliterating people with a small team just so we could constantly hear "Banelings Banelings Banelings Ohhh!".
It was never a question of if we'd win, we always asked ourselves if we could get that song to play at the end. xD

- H
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Maybe if Treyarch threw it some mod tools, you would.

Why would Treyarch ever do a thing like that? Sorry, but Modders are the exact reason why I stopped playing MW2 more often. Every lobby, there was some immature eight-year-old trying to mod something.

That, and the CoD community is apalling

Probably because of modders... -_-

I just don't understand, how come people just don't play the game like it was meant to be played? If you don't like the game, just go buy another **** game.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Why would Treyarch ever do a thing like that? Sorry, but Modders are the exact reason why I stopped playing MW2 more often. Every lobby, there was some immature eight-year-old trying to mod something.

*Facepalm*

The legitimate modding, not the modding that CoD players hate and know. I'm talking about the modding other gamers love and know.

Probably because of modders... -_-

No, any ACTUAL modder (not hackers, not guys who buy equipment to give them an advantage, etc, I'm talking about ACTUAL modders) would beautifully enhance the game. They wouldn't go on a Server and mess it up - they would have their own server with preset conditions (generally the mod itself) that people play in.

A paintball mod would have bullet fall and a lack of Iron Sights, possibly with custom maps.

I just don't understand, how come people just don't play the game like it was meant to be played?

Because it's either bad, or worse to some mods.
Or just different. I don't mind the CoD4 game in itself for the most part, but I'd prefer Obscurity sometimes, but I would prefer ProMod no matter what.

If you don't like the game, just go buy another **** game.

Yeah, but when a few million people buy these games it effects the game industry. And when they buy the map packs, developers look at the money made by those schemes and imitate it - pre-order bonuses and map packs are even present in the Battlefield series.
Indie developers are better in terms of customer goodwill, Paradox Interactive and Frictional Games (developers of Magicka and Amnesia: The Dark Descent, respectively) have given plenty of DLC's out for free.
The funny thing is Amnesia has mods. :P

True modding can only ENHANCE the game, I really can't stress that enough.

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

That, and the CoD community is apalling - I wouldn't expect much good from them anymore. Although, if you do want nice mods, you've got a few zombie ones (being a zombie / zombie survival) on CoD4, as well as Obscurity Mods, which were insanely fun and of course ProMod, where your skills will actually be tested (these will be on PB servers so you cannot shout "Hax!" :P ).

Well I am aware of the cod 4 mods and most I saw are great. Like a paintball mod in a little changed killhouse was great.
But I want mods who make BlackOps because else I paid 60 euro for a game I played 3 days.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

But I want mods who make BlackOps because else I paid 60 euro for a game I played 3 days.

No idea what you meant there.

- H
Showing 586-600 of 3990