The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839511
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

love how a new cod game comes out each year

1gamesforyou
1gamesforyou
25 posts
Shepherd

yea they make COD games to fast, then sometimes it is buggy or something like that, good games are made in more than 1 year, like prototype 2 that comes only in 2012

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

yea they make COD games to fast, then sometimes it is buggy or something like that, good games are made in more than 1 year, like prototype 2 that comes only in 2012

Yeah. I really think Black Ops could of been better if they spent more time on it.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

ood games are made in more than 1 year, like prototype 2 that comes only in 2012

while I do agree that more time does GENERALLY equal better product, there's a peak and a sharp descent sometimes my friend. Starcraft II is an example of a game that took 10 years to come out, not necessarily meaning there were 10 years of dev. time, but I digress.

Duke Nukem: Forever and Too Human are two excellent examples of when too much dev. time brings about doom for a game.

And from there, Left 4 Dead 2 took a year to make, probably less, and it was one of the most critically acclaimed games of 2009. So there are variations. (and yet ANOTHER example of ANOTHER scenario is Borderlands, started dev. in 2004, released in 2009, one of the best shooters of this console generation)

I do agree that CoD needs to take a break from bi-yearly releases between the two developers. Sure, its a clever tactic Activision uses, one year it was made by one of the most legendary FPS studios of all time, the other year... well, the name of that developer was turned into a derogatory term for a bad game...

Halo games had 3 years (2001, 2004, 2007, 2010), Gears had a 2006, 2008, 2011 schedule, and God of War had the same release schedule as Halo, save the 2001 release.

Back to Call of Duty, I like the series, I really do. I have a rich history with the original two Call of Duty's and the original Modern Warfare coupled nicely with Halo 3 back when they were two of my first couple of games on the Xbox 360 (neither held a candle to Viva Pinata though). But the yearly releases have been making me grind my teeth for quite some time now.

The lack of innovation and change between the games absolutely DECIMATES the industry. I mean, if it wasn't for Crysis 2, the FPS genre would still be in standstill from Homefront's CoD-clone nuclear -warhead effects.

As the best selling and one of the most-recognizable franchises out there, Raven, Sledgehammer, Treyarch, and the remnants of Infinity Ward have a responsibility to set examples for other developers to follow to create a better video game industry, just as Bethesda, Rockstar, EPIC, DICE, and Bungie have for the past decade or so.

-Chillz
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I see my friendly neighbour satanic friend has returned...
And insulting my Holy Grail.

there's a peak and a sharp descent sometimes my friend. Starcraft II is an example of a game that took 10 years to come out, not necessarily meaning there were 10 years of dev. time, but I digress.

Choose your next words wisely, Mr. Master.

No but really are you saying that the quality of SCI was more than that of SCII? If so then I wouldn't really know being as I simply have not played No.1

Or it could be the story, whereas I think I would agree... but even then, it's apparent that the story is not the main focus of the Starcraft franchise

- H
jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

Modern WarFare 3 is near release, i can't wait, i think it is in the end of October! It's gonna be so cool!

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Modern WarFare 3 is near release, i can't wait, i think it is in the end of October!

Eh. I think MW3 is really overrated. It's nothing more than MW2 with a few more perks.
If I were to get it, it would only be for the campaign.

The lack of innovation and change between the games absolutely DECIMATES the industry. I mean, if it wasn't for Crysis 2, the FPS genre would still be in standstill from Homefront's CoD-clone nuclear -warhead effects.

I agree. I'm extremely bored with CoD. While I respect the CoD series, they need to make some changes pretty quickly.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

No but really are you saying that the quality of SCI was more than that of SCII? If so then I wouldn't really know being as I simply have not played No.1

Oh, I meant that despite the long-*** dev. time, Starcraft II didn't fall into Too Human/ Duke Nukem syndrome. I thought it went without saying that Starcraft II was the best PC game of 2010...

-Chillz
zeldafan24
zeldafan24
13 posts
Nomad

Call of Duty stinks it will die out just like all the other "remakes" of call of duty

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

love how a new cod game comes out each year

Seems like they're doing this with some games now, they're even doing it with Assassin's Creed. One thing I don't like about releasing a new game every year is that it doesn't feel nor look like a new game; it just appears to be an expansion pack, so I don't feel that it's worth the $60 for it, which is why I wait several months before purchasing it or rent it and beat the campaign and try the other modes.
IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

Call of Duty stinks it will die out just like all the other "remakes" of call of duty

I honestly don't think that it will die out in a pretty long time because of how big the community has gotten.
JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I used to get excited over new Call of Duty releases, but I'm not really excited for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. They are releasing games too soon. I like to sit back and have fun with the multiplayer for two years, sometimes longer if I enjoy it enough; not a small year. That isn't even very long at all, especially if you enjoy playing other games besides Call of Duty.

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

I used to get excited over new Call of Duty releases, but I'm not really excited for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. They are releasing games too soon. I like to sit back and have fun with the multiplayer for two years, sometimes longer if I enjoy it enough; not a small year. That isn't even very long at all, especially if you enjoy playing other games besides Call of Duty.

I completely agree, but they have been releasing a new CoD each year for some time now...

Modern Warfare
Release Date: November 05, 2007

World at War
Release Date: November 11, 2008

Modern Warfare 2
Release Date: November 10, 2009

Black Ops
Release Date: November 09, 2010

Modern Warfare 3
Release Date: November 08, 2011
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I see a pattern, and I guess that means they'll release something like World at War and Black Ops next year.

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

Eh. I think MW3 is really overrated. It's nothing more than MW2 with a few more perks.
If I were to get it, it would only be for the campaign.

Yeah i'm not stupid, but there will be new guns, features, etc.
Showing 811-825 of 3990