The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839505
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

What does prestige give you? Any special things? If so, then what? I'm currently at level 43, and once I get to 50 I might prestige if it gives anything good, but if not I don't see a point.

It gives you a extra class, a new rank, new emblem things, at prestige 14 or 15 gold Camo and the ability to go trough all the **** again.
IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

What does prestige give you? Any special things? If so, then what? I'm currently at level 43, and once I get to 50 I might prestige if it gives anything good, but if not I don't see a point.

It gives you a extra class, a new rank, new emblem things, at prestige 14 or 15 gold Camo and the ability to go trough all the **** again.

Honestly I don't see the point in prestiging in Black Ops unless you are dying for extra classes or gold. To me it's just a waste of time.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i just presitoge til a cool looking presitige eblem skull and cross bones for balck ops

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

I try to go aslong as I can without prestiging. I've done this in each CoD.
I've never reached further than 6th prestige on any CoD, don't see the point in prestiging, unless I get bored and wanna enjoy the nice feeling of loads of challenges and unlocks, etc.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

L96A1 on black ops overpowered or over used

Metepod
Metepod
1 posts
Nomad

I has Some New stuff to put on (I am buying Mw3 cos I like Mw2 and I HATE black ops)

*Weps*
*Primary*
*Close range (New folder)*
Baton (Longer range than knife takes 2 hits to kill)
Katana (Longer range takes 1-2 hits to kill and is quick)
Tazer (has Stun in but less damage)
short knife (Quicker less range and less damage)
Brass knuckles (Quicker)

* Secondary*
* Launchers*
Stun RPG (Used as a massive Flash/stun grenade and deals damage)
Napalm (sets on fire... lol)

PM meh if ya agree

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

L96A1 on black ops overpowered or over used

The L96 is no way overpowered on Black Ops. It takes skill to use especially to quickscope.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i dont quick scope but the L96 is a one shot one kill all the way from one side of array to the other

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

i dont quick scope but the L96 is a one shot one kill all the way from one side of array to the other

It's a sniper what do you want it to do? No one would use a sniper if they got hitmarkers every time they shot someone.
JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I prefer to not prestige. It gives you a more of a "shine" with an exclusive icon and an extra few classes, but I don't ever use that and I could care less about an extra "look".
xDeathxGuardx
xDeathxGuardx
7 posts
Nomad

I actually enjoyed CoD:WaW the most. I love that era, and introducing nazi zombies for first time, really fun game.

afcmitchell
afcmitchell
66 posts
Blacksmith

I prestige, but it's just for fun, for the nice emblem thingy ofcouse, the extra class and the experience of doing it all over (with fun). Also the extra challenges are nice .
BTW: L96A1 is neither overpowered nor overused.
Quickscoping isn't all to hard either.

Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

I am 15th Prestige level 50 in Black Ops, the reason why I prestiged was because
1. It didn't take me long to get to 50, I'm a high end player who gets a bunch of kills per game (2.01 KD) so why not?
2. I wanted the golden guns very very badly
3. I could NOT STAND not going 100%. I am unable to stay at a level when I could continue, it just kills me.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Meh, I don't play it that often, so I don't think I'll prestige. Do you lose your guns if you prestige?

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

If i snipe i camp only time i find camping acceptable. if i need to move i pick up a gun. otherwise i provide cover for team mates. i hat quick scoping because im never close quarter unless absolutely nessicary

Showing 856-870 of 3990