ForumsThe Tavern[req] Le Tour de France 2011

85 13608
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm a big fan of this event so if you are interested in talking about it please join.

• 85 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

BTW, who won the Yellow Jersey in the commentator competition on Versus? I had to record the resume of the last race last year because it was overlapping with the f1 Grand Prix so I never got to see who won.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

It may be a bit early to be talking about the tour, seeing it's early June. I'll join in, of course, but I may not be super into it until late June-early July.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think it will start on July 2nd.

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

Yes, it will start early july. I'm french so I watch all the staging points of that.

For the winner, I bet on Andy Schleck or Sanchez.

But, will Contador runs or not?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Last year's battle between Schleck and Contador during the mountain stages was great! I think that if Andy's brother is there Contador will have a hard time beating him.

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

Yes, the mountain stages battles were awesome. But I don't know if Contador will run this year, because of the dopage problem.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I believe that Frank Schleck has a great chance. Frank is better than Andy, and with the two brothers together, it will be near impossible to beat them. Not only that, but Contador's head might not be in the right place for the race as he has had multiple doping allegations against him. I think Frank Schleck will win.

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

Franck Schleck? Yes, he has all his chances. But last year, Andy was way better than Franck, so I hesitate a lot.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

You can't really say Andy was better than Franck because Franck was knocked out of the race in the first week. I think it was a broken collarbone suffered while going over the cobblestone section.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If they stay healthy all the way up to the mountain stages they should put up a good show but because Andy finished second last year, I think he'll want to yellow Jersey more than Franck. BTW, did Andy get the victory since Contador was found guilty of doping last year?

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

I used to be interested in the Tour before but after Lance Armstrong left, so did most people who watched it.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

isnt this like a big bicycle race? if so then this is my first and last post cuz I dont like this stuff.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I used to be interested in the Tour before but after Lance Armstrong left, so did most people who watched it.

This mean you're not a real fan because you would still watch it with or without Armstrong. I watch it for many reasons. I'm a cyclist (not professional) and I like everything about biking: Road race, Downhill, Trial, BMX but Le Tour De France is the ultimate competition because It has the King of The Mountain, the Sprint, the Rookie and the Yellow Jersey competition all within the Tour. I record everything and spend hours watching it.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oops, I forgot the Team competition and of course, the technology (the new bikes)!

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Will Lance Armstrong be competeing? He just had the whole Steroid schandal, so... Or has he retired? I don't really follow bike racing at all.

Showing 1-15 of 85