ForumsThe Tavern[req] Le Tour de France 2011

85 13607
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm a big fan of this event so if you are interested in talking about it please join.

• 85 Replies
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Well, I can't say anything yet there are a lot of people who have a big chance of winning.

Gilbert of course, having won the "Arrow" ,The Giro d'Italia and all other big races he participated in.

Or maybe Contador will take his 4th Yellow Gersey home.

I can't say it yet but I know it's going to be an exciting Tour this year.

Go Robert Gesink!!!!!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I was pretty sure an American team would win the trial but the British Team did a great job as well. But the best news is that Contador is further behind now so I'm happy.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

But the best news is that Contador is further behind now so I'm happy.

Yeah, I have that same feeling. Not that I do not like Contador, I would just like someone else than a Spanjard to win this time.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

U.S.A! U.S.A! WOOOOOOOOT!

Tyler Ferrar finally won a stage today! I have no idea what happened to Mark Cavendish in the sprint, but I don't like him winning, so great result in my opinion.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I'm also really glad for Tyler Farrar. Also for winning on the 4th of July. If a Frenchman wins on July 14th (national French day of celebration) it would be perfect.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Thor Hushovd messed up Cavendish plan and Tyler Ferrar finally won a stage. That was great! My stupid DVR froze so I had to record the rerun but I was finally able to watch the race.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Too bad, 3 group leaders fell today. Gesink, Contador and Brajkovic. Brajkovic even had to quit the Tour.

lm5678
lm5678
35 posts
Peasant

love the race, i just hope boonen will be able to finish today

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I hope too but I already find him very courageous for finishing the stage wounded.

lm5678
lm5678
35 posts
Peasant

finally cavindish, got his first stage win, now for boonen

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

I refuse to watch it without Lance.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

That was an interesting stage. How on Earth did the peloton manage to have 10 crashes? Two guys had to pull out of the race (one being from team Radioshack), and Tom Boonen and some other rider for Quick Step finished 13 minutes back. Congratulations to Cavendish for winning his first stage of the tour. I'd say he has some real competition for the green jersey from Philippe Gilbert, who finished second and now wears the green jersey again.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

All those crashes! That was ridiculous! Anyway, besides that the race was interesting. I like the fact that at least 3 sprinters are trading victories. Gilbert,Farrar and Cavendish. It can't get better than this.

I refuse to watch it without Lance.

Suit yourself but you're missing some good stuff. The Americans are doing great so far.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Big change in today's stage. Due to an accident today, Bradley Wiggins is out of the tour de France, and team Sky plummeted in the overall standings. Tom Boonen also dropped out due to the injuries he suffered two days ago. Finally, due to the Wiggins crash, all but about 60 people lost time, including Levi Leipheimer.
On a bit more of a positive note, Mark Cavendish won yet another stage, while Jose Joaquin Rojas took over the green jersey again after losing it for two days to Philippe Gilbert. I hope for more excitement in days to come.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

OMG, this years Tour De France is a real carnage and it's only been a week. I feel bad for Tyler Farrar, he seemed to be in great shape but after all the time he lost and also points for the Green Jersey. I think his chances are gone now.

Okay, enough with the flat stages. I want some mountains now because this is my favorite part of the event.

Showing 31-45 of 85