ForumsThe Tavern[req] Le Tour de France 2011

85 13604
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm a big fan of this event so if you are interested in talking about it please join.

• 85 Replies
valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

So, after the today stage won by Pierre Roland (first vitory for France! ), Andy took the yellow jersey. Great! I like him! But I'm afraid that Cdael Evans take the yellow tomorrow, with the time trial. He's excellent at that, and Andy have only 57" beforehand on Cadel (btw, I don't really like Cadel too).
I hope Andy will keep it, he's one of the best runner currently.

Contador have tried every thing to win the stage, but Pierre Roland was stronger in the last kilometers.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That was another fantastic stage! Contador made everybody work hard today but Voeckler couldn't keep up. I also hope that Andy Schleck doesn't lose too much time during the time trial. I think he can do it because he's very close and like I said yesterday, he got his revenge on Contador. This years Tour is great! In 3 days I will start feeling down because it's going to be over for this year.

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

Yes, I don't like when a very nice event takes end. I'm always sad. And how will I spend my afternoons now?

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Noooo! I can't see the finals because I'm going to the UK, sunday. Luckily I can still follow it on the radio.

I still think Evans is going to win. I don't know why, I just think so.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

Most people are leaning towards Cadel Evans to win.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well, Cadel won by a lot over Andy. I feel bad for Andy but he's younger than Cadel so he still have a few years to win it.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Congrats to Cadel Evans on taking the win in this years tour, since tomorrows stage will not have any major attacks. The jerseys should all be confirmed at this point so...

In the yellow jersey: Cadel Evans
In green: Mark Cavendish
in polka dot: Samuel Sanchez
in white: Pierre Roland
team competition: Garmin-Cervelo

Tomorrow will be a cruise into Paris before one of the sprinters goes for the win on the Champs-Elysee. Congrats to all with jersey victories!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well guys it's over for this year. This has been a great Tour De France. Thanks all for your comments. I'll ask an admin to lock the thread tomorrow so post your last comments today if you can.

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

An awesome Tour de France, but bad finished. Evans in yellow and Cavendish in green, after winning at Champs-Elysees (I don't like them a lot).
But I'm happy for Pierre Rolland, a new french runner, strong in mountain.

Showing 76-84 of 85