ForumsThe TavernDo you think the killing of animales for food is allright?

82 11568
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

I personally belive there is an abundance of animales for a reason. To eat them!

So what do you people think on this subject?

• 82 Replies
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

our bodies are designed to consume animal protein (as well as vegetables and other foods) so yes, killing animals for food is good.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

To some extent it is alright, over fishing can lead to some serious problems though. The Chesapeake Bay is in trouble if we keep over harvesting oysters, blue crabs, and other animals.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

I'm vegetarian so I'm kinda agaiant it. I mean how would you feel I'f you were one of those animals that were being killed just so people can have an enjoyment that would last a few seconds? I understand about the food chain and how humans need to eat other animals in order to live, but I think tha McDonalds and other companies just simply overkill it. Most animals that are eaten are treated horribly so If they were free range I think that that would be better, but Im kinda against this.

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

If you kill it, you eat it. I hate people who fish and don't eat the fish. Toss it back in stupid, what do you have to lose?

James212
James212
88 posts
Blacksmith

Yes because 70% of it is what we eat.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I like meat. I love meat. But overeating meat isn't good, or having it too often.

firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

yeah,eating animals are alright,as long as you don't overeat

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Fine, I'll kick the arses of vegetarians through biology.

Alright, we have been biologically wired to eat both meat and vegetation. We are an omnivorous species. Humans are just extremely smart animals with instincts like any other. Wolves kill animals for food. Bears eat fish and berries for an example of another omnivorous species. We are more similar to the bear as to what we eat. I have heard the argument that animals are like humans. Well, no. It's technically the other way around. We have our survival instincts like animals. Animals don't use half the things humans use. Once I see a cow paying taxes, working for money and driving a car, I'll believe you. I've also heard that humans have self control, unlike animals (which contradicts the theory that animals are the same as humans).
I'm all for eating meat, so long as it's natural and no growth hormones were used to build the animal it came from.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

if god didnt want us to eat animals, he wouldnt have made them out of meat.

mojo72595
mojo72595
165 posts
Nomad

I dont feel that killing animals for food is wrong. That is what us humans are supposed to do. Many other animals also kill for meat, but i feel it can sometimes be harder for us because we have many emotions and we are the smartest animals in the world, and some people feel bad for other animals so they wont kill them. ( I hope you guys understand what im trying to say lol )

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I think it is fine to kill animals for food. As long as it is done in a humane way and not "killed for fun".

I'm for hunting, but I've seen people who just shoot an animal and leave it lay. Things like that, I am against, but as long as it's in moderation, it's a good thing. We need protein to survive, so we have to get it some way.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I have to survive someway, and eating meat is apart of my lifestyle.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

While the way we do it is not very natural, the very fact of eating other animals to survive is very natural. I'd find it stupid to do otherwise, and besides, the body needs it.
Morphologically, the human is an awful creature; we got intelligence over a well conceived body, so if that's our tool to reign over other species, then let's not bother ourselves with it. A tiger can easily rip ten men apart, yet we can produce firearms to overcome it; everything's fair, so why worry ourselves with the ethical part of eating meat. Of course I'm against animal cruelty, but once it's killed and wrapped in a grocery store, why let it waste huh?

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

It's alright to kill animals for food on 2 conditions. One you use all the animal or mostly all of it. Two there is an extreme abundance of it. XVERB uses a good example.

To some extent it is alright, over fishing can lead to some serious problems though. The Chesapeake Bay is in trouble if we keep over harvesting oysters, blue crabs, and other animals.
greentrev106
greentrev106
179 posts
Shepherd

as long as its for food and not for fun, I think it's allright, and as long as they're not endangered

Showing 1-15 of 82