ForumsGamesOfficial: 2011 Colony Tournament

171 34835
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I know there's an annual Colony tournament that would like to be started, but I want to lay down some ground rules from the start.

When this tournament is over, we'll lock this topic until next year, when we'll update the thread title to reflect the current year.

RULES

1. This tournament does not "belong" to Quicksmasher/Fasty. He may have started it in the past, but he is no longer welcome as a member of our site FOR ANY PURPOSE, even if just to post on forums. The tournament will only be called the "Colony Tournament".

2. In compliance with our other rules, players proved to be cheating will face a 31-day temporary ban from the site. Circumvention of this ban, or a second hacking offense, will result in a permanent ban from the site. NO EXCEPTIONS. Report them to SoymasterYos or brp47 who will investigate and report to me.

3. Players who are permanently banned from the site may participate as GUESTS (not logged into the site or the game) if the tournament planners allow it, but creation of an account for this tournament will GET THE TOURNAMENT THREAD SHUT DOWN, and bans will be handed out. End of discussion.

4. The last active thread had a HUGE amount of text (copied from at least one or two other threads) written as a graphic image, which is unacceptable by our forum rules. We do NOT allow posting images of text, or posting text in alternate colors. Please continue to abide by these rules. Other tournament threads were shut down because we suspected that Fasty was trying to circumvent his bans in order to revive the tournament, or because they broke other forum rules (advertising, posting text as an image, etc).

As moderators and staff of the company, we still have the final say on whether a thread lives or dies, including this one.

---

With all that, let the games begin. Good luck to our players.

--
I reserve the right to edit this message at a later date to include more rules/notes.

• 171 Replies
inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

no, do it now. get it strarted, just use the players we have

GodzillaXXX
GodzillaXXX
10 posts
Nomad

Can i join or is it to late?

GodzillaXXX
GodzillaXXX
10 posts
Nomad

Im usually on atleast twice a week around EST 3 AM - 9pm.

ROCKANDROLL101
ROCKANDROLL101
5 posts
Nomad

I wanna join

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

You can join if you write your timezone information down.

List of Competitors:

1. DracoTheDragon EST 10 PM - 2 AM
2. Trying EST 10 AM - 11:30 AM/ 12 Noon - 7 PM/ 7 PM - 10 PM
3. chessmaster102 EST 7 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 10 PM/ Weekends: 11 AM - 2 PM/ 2:30 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 10 PM4. MissleMaster EST 2 PM - 10 PM/ Fridays: 8 PM - 11 PM
5. inflict BST 7 PM - 1 AM
6. soccerdude2 EST 4 PM - 10 PM/ Weekends: 12 PM - 9 PM
7. Fasty EST 10 AM - 4 PM
8. MostlyToastly EST 8 AM - 10 AM
9. GodzillaXXX EST 3 AM - 9 PM

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. Ramilmaster?
6. jordster5?

* people who are eligible to play but have not yet turned in times and timezones played during.

? people who seemed to want to sign up but not officially said it.

We are still signing up for the tournament but since school is starting we can either make scheduled games after school but maybe like 2 games a week. So if you don't want to play a week you can play the next one. Just so you have time to catch up in school work. You have to play at least 1 game a month. This could work and I can make a calendar of games in which you guys can say what days you can and cannot play.

Also we can sign up for next summer and kick it off as soon as everyone is done with school?

Scarlettt
Scarlettt
40 posts
Nomad

Wow, it will be a miracle for this tournament to ever kick off. Good luck, panda. You've come pretty far already, I'd recommend stopping at 16 people(chosen by merit), doing only 1V1, and getting others to moderate/view games. Don't worry about things like people flaking, the other guy will just get a bye. This got really complex really fast, and I hope you keep it as simple as possible and start the tournament as soon as possible before people lose interest.

Sparkytrick1
Sparkytrick1
100 posts
Nomad

I think armor games should implement some kind of actual tournament system within multiplayer. It would encourage more people who like playing flash games competitively to sign up.

Ismcm
Ismcm
17 posts
Nomad

Hey, Is this thing still going? cause I wanna join.
CST 12:30PM-1:00PM, 7:30AM-8:00AM
Weekends: 8:00AM-10:30AM CST
sorry guys, not much time.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Just so you know chessmaster I can play at different times besides the times I told you it's just those are the times that I will most likely be free at

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

List of Competitors:

1. DracoTheDragon EST 10 PM - 2 AM
2. Trying EST 10 AM - 11:30 AM/ 12 Noon - 7 PM/ 7 PM - 10 PM
3. chessmaster102 EST 7 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 10 PM/ Weekends: 11 AM - 2 PM/ 2:30 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 10 PM
4. MissleMaster EST 2 PM - 10 PM/ Fridays: 8 PM - 11 PM
5. inflict BST 7 PM - 1 AM
6. soccerdude2 EST 4 PM - 10 PM/ Weekends: 12 PM - 9 PM
7. MostlyToastly EST 8 AM - 10 AM
8. GodzillaXXX EST 3 AM - 9 PM
9. Ismcm CST 7:30 AM - 8 AM/ 12:30 PM - 1 PM/ Weekends: 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM CST

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop07*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. Ramilmaster?
6. jordster5?

* people who are eligible to play but have not yet turned in times and timezones played during.

? people who seemed to want to sign up but not officially said it.

With much consideration we will be starting this tournament mid-October. I will be making a schedule and making a clear posting of it some where before that time. It is still 2v2... please change your imes as soon aspossible to when your actually online to make this process quicker.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Ok I'll change my times on weekdays from 5:30 P.M to 10:00 P.M

GodzillaXXX
GodzillaXXX
10 posts
Nomad

I'll change my time to 4 P.M to 8 P.M. on weekdays and 2 P.M to 11 P.M on weekends

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

those are my most likely times, but i could probs be on when it strarts from 5pm-2am

jordster5
jordster5
70 posts
Nomad

Yeaa Umm... I Dont Think This Tourn Is Gona Start For a Loonnnggg Time...

DracoTheDragon
DracoTheDragon
102 posts
Nomad

Remove my name from the tourney list.... Im too busy from school to have a steady log on time

Showing 136-150 of 171