ForumsGamesOfficial: 2011 Colony Tournament

171 34837
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I know there's an annual Colony tournament that would like to be started, but I want to lay down some ground rules from the start.

When this tournament is over, we'll lock this topic until next year, when we'll update the thread title to reflect the current year.

RULES

1. This tournament does not "belong" to Quicksmasher/Fasty. He may have started it in the past, but he is no longer welcome as a member of our site FOR ANY PURPOSE, even if just to post on forums. The tournament will only be called the "Colony Tournament".

2. In compliance with our other rules, players proved to be cheating will face a 31-day temporary ban from the site. Circumvention of this ban, or a second hacking offense, will result in a permanent ban from the site. NO EXCEPTIONS. Report them to SoymasterYos or brp47 who will investigate and report to me.

3. Players who are permanently banned from the site may participate as GUESTS (not logged into the site or the game) if the tournament planners allow it, but creation of an account for this tournament will GET THE TOURNAMENT THREAD SHUT DOWN, and bans will be handed out. End of discussion.

4. The last active thread had a HUGE amount of text (copied from at least one or two other threads) written as a graphic image, which is unacceptable by our forum rules. We do NOT allow posting images of text, or posting text in alternate colors. Please continue to abide by these rules. Other tournament threads were shut down because we suspected that Fasty was trying to circumvent his bans in order to revive the tournament, or because they broke other forum rules (advertising, posting text as an image, etc).

As moderators and staff of the company, we still have the final say on whether a thread lives or dies, including this one.

---

With all that, let the games begin. Good luck to our players.

--
I reserve the right to edit this message at a later date to include more rules/notes.

• 171 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I'll join if possible.. but I'll have to get my colony skills up to speed

Can someone alert me on my profile when the tourney's about to start?

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

im bst and can play from 7pm-1am ish

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

List of Competitors:

1. DracoTheDragon EST 10 PM - 2 AM
2. Trying EST 10 AM - 11:30 AM/ 12 Noon - 7 PM/ 7 PM - 10 PM
3. chessmaster102 EST 11 AM - 2 PM/ 2:30 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 2 AM
4. MissleMaster EST 10 AM - 10 PM
5. inflict BST 7 PM - 1 AM

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. Fasty*
6. Ramilmaster?
7. jordster5?

* people who are eligible to play but have not yet turned in times and timezones played during.

? people who seemed to want to sign up but nnot officially said it.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Can I sign up?

Time zone is eastern standard time

I can play 12 PM to 7 PM

SierraCastaway
SierraCastaway
130 posts
Nomad

How can you like, moniter players in Colony. And a 31 day ban, really? I mean, I didn't even know you could hack individual games ( I thought you could only hack computers/systems) but still, 31 days? A bit much, don't you think?

XXDahlXX
XXDahlXX
29 posts
Nomad

Wow this thing is taknig a long time to organize the first post was on july 5th here we are on august 19th is this thing ever going to get started? and @sierracastaway games like colony run on servers and these games have bugs of course which can be exlited and turned into hacks i agree ton the note thet these punishments do seem a little bit severe

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

not really 31 days isnt much... and if they do it again, they're perma banned

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

List of Competitors:

4. MissleMaster EST 2 PM - 10 PM/ Fridays: 8 PM - 11 PM
6. soccerdude2 EST 12 PM - 7 PM

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. Fasty*
6. Ramilmaster?
7. jordster5?

* people who are eligible to play but have not yet turned in times and timezones played during.

? people who seemed to want to sign up but not officially said it.

I think I am up to date now.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Im sorry but I might not be able to make it 12 to 5 because of Cross country and school... So can I change my available times to 4PM to 10PM?

Unless it's a weekend when I'm playing then I can go 12M to 9PM

visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

So when is the tournament starting
because can i join?

-Legend

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

List of Competitors:

6. soccerdude2 EST 4 PM - 10 PM/ Weekends: 12 PM - 9 PM
7. Fasty EST 10 AM - 4 PM

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. Ramilmaster?
6. jordster5?

We are still signing up for the tournament but since school is starting we can either make scheduled games after school but maybe like 2 games a week. So if you don't want to play a week you can play the next one. Just so you have time to catch up in school work. You have to play at least 1 game a month. This could work and I can make a calendar of games in which you guys can say what days you can and cannot play.

Also we can sign up for next summer and kick it off as soon as everyone is done with school?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Yes thanks for changing my times on the list of competitors.

Also is this a single elimination tournament?

Or are we doing a round robin????

I would love to kick this tourney off next summer as long as I don't forget about AG in the meantime. So you might want to send me a comment on AG when that starts next summer so Ill get my email notification.

MostlyToastly
MostlyToastly
102 posts
Nomad

All right. I like Colony, even though I haven't played it for very long, and I'm not sure if I'm all that good or not.
But I would like to join, if I could.
I can usually be found at around 8-10 AM ArmorGames time(this is a freak posting moment, don't expect to see me at this time).
I also have a few questions.
1) Is it going to be one versus one, or will there be teams?
1a) If there are going to be teams, will we pick our teams or have them assigned to us?
1b) If there are teams, will the teams switch from match to match or stay together throughout the tournament?
1c) If the teams switch around, how will you determine how well each member of the team did?
2) When will the tournament be taking place?
3) Do we get something if we win?
3a) If we do get something for winning, what is it?
And I think that's about it. Thanks.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

To clarify all the questions it's a 2v2 random teams. The winner is determined by the number of total wins. You play with each competitor once. There will be a variety of prizes but they are a secret. Shhh! I will also update the list of players when my Internet begins to work on my computer again since it's hard to copy paste on iPod.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

List of Competitors:

3. chessmaster102 EST 7 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 10 PM/ Weekends: 11 AM - 2 PM/ 2:30 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 10 PM

6. soccerdude2 EST 4 PM - 10 PM/ Weekends: 12 PM - 9 PM
7. Fasty EST 10 AM - 4 PM
8. Mostly Toastly EST 8 AM - 10 AM

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. Ramilmaster?
6. jordster5?

We are still signing up for the tournament but since school is starting we can either make scheduled games after school but maybe like 2 games a week. So if you don't want to play a week you can play the next one. Just so you have time to catch up in school work. You have to play at least 1 game a month. This could work and I can make a calendar of games in which you guys can say what days you can and cannot play.

Also we can sign up for next summer and kick it off as soon as everyone is done with school?

Showing 121-135 of 171