ForumsGamesOfficial: 2011 Colony Tournament

171 34833
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I know there's an annual Colony tournament that would like to be started, but I want to lay down some ground rules from the start.

When this tournament is over, we'll lock this topic until next year, when we'll update the thread title to reflect the current year.

RULES

1. This tournament does not "belong" to Quicksmasher/Fasty. He may have started it in the past, but he is no longer welcome as a member of our site FOR ANY PURPOSE, even if just to post on forums. The tournament will only be called the "Colony Tournament".

2. In compliance with our other rules, players proved to be cheating will face a 31-day temporary ban from the site. Circumvention of this ban, or a second hacking offense, will result in a permanent ban from the site. NO EXCEPTIONS. Report them to SoymasterYos or brp47 who will investigate and report to me.

3. Players who are permanently banned from the site may participate as GUESTS (not logged into the site or the game) if the tournament planners allow it, but creation of an account for this tournament will GET THE TOURNAMENT THREAD SHUT DOWN, and bans will be handed out. End of discussion.

4. The last active thread had a HUGE amount of text (copied from at least one or two other threads) written as a graphic image, which is unacceptable by our forum rules. We do NOT allow posting images of text, or posting text in alternate colors. Please continue to abide by these rules. Other tournament threads were shut down because we suspected that Fasty was trying to circumvent his bans in order to revive the tournament, or because they broke other forum rules (advertising, posting text as an image, etc).

As moderators and staff of the company, we still have the final say on whether a thread lives or dies, including this one.

---

With all that, let the games begin. Good luck to our players.

--
I reserve the right to edit this message at a later date to include more rules/notes.

• 171 Replies
jtjackdog
jtjackdog
36 posts
Shepherd

i'm not going to do this because i'm not good at all

XXDahlXX
XXDahlXX
29 posts
Nomad

but you could rely on honesty and impose a few more rules or set it up so a team w/ a monitor faces another w/o always

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

The biggest problem with 2v2 is that you cant really record/referee it, unless you force the players to which isn't going to happen.

well first you can ask them..... and if 3 of the 4 player cant come to an agreement, then they must re with a camera or use manycam and tini chat, ask yos. bacicaly just download many cam and you can film the matches.
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I was personally surprised that in a week of absence only not even a page of comments was made.

Anyway if 3 of 4 people agree on who the winner is then you could agree who won. If it was a tie they just replay it. If any noticeable bug occurs... as in the nulling of players or glitching of any sort and/or if kicked for suspicion of hacking the match will be redone.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

As the tournament stands now there are 7 people in the waiting list and no official contestants.

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. inflict*
6. chessmaster102*
7. Fasty^

* people who are eligible to play but have not yet turned in times and timezones played during.

^ people who are questionable to be eligible to play but have not turned in times and timezones played during.

If any of these players turn in the timezone information I will start working on the schedule for matches. If any person not listed above signs in with timezone information they will be guaranteed a spot in the tournament until spaces fill up.

Please sign up now because there will be no tournament unless people start signing up. Summer's almost over and the tournament has yet to begin.

DracoTheDragon
DracoTheDragon
102 posts
Nomad

ill sign up

timezone is eastern standard time(new york time)

playing availability

aprx 10pm-2am

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

ill sign up too
EST
pretty much anytime between 10am-10pm except during lunch at around 11:30am and dinner at 7pm

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

List of Competitors:

1. DracoTheDragon EST 10 PM - 2 AM
2. Trying EST 10 AM - 11:30 AM/ 12 Noon - 7 PM/ 7 PM - 10 PM
3. chessmaster102 EST 11 AM - 2 PM/ 2:30 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 2 AM

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. inflict*
6. Fasty^

* people who are eligible to play but have not yet turned in times and timezones played during.

^ people who are questionable to be eligible to play but have not turned in times and timezones played during.

With other news 3 people have signed up for the tournament. With this notice I am off beginning the schedule for playing times. Keep signing up.

jordster5
jordster5
70 posts
Nomad

Guys... Pre-Made This Would Nearly Be impossible To Beat... Because Its A 2v2 You Will Have EVERY Movement Played Out And The Tourno Will Equal To Easy Lose.. And What If Two People Want To Have THe SAme Person as they're teamate... That would be even Worst... Becuase they will start swearin at eachother about who had who First -_- .... I Dont Think You Should Pick... I Think You Should KNo Before the Game and Either Vote Yes Or no... And If That Options Gone ... Then Youll Get A Random Guy So You Basically Get 2 Choices... Or Winner Gets To Chose... Becuase If Tdh And MBA Are Teammates... I Really Dont Know Who Could Beat Them... :/

Ramilmaster
Ramilmaster
5 posts
Shepherd

it is good idea!! but i win this tournament

NoSleep
NoSleep
46 posts
Nomad

EST time for me

MissleMaster
MissleMaster
3 posts
Nomad

I'd Like to join, i am EST time (new jersey). and my time can 10am -10pm

Sound like fun, gotta touch up tho...

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

List of Competitors:
1. DracoTheDragon EST 10 PM - 2 AM
2. Trying EST 10 AM - 11:30 AM/ 12 Noon - 7 PM/ 7 PM - 10 PM
3. chessmaster102 EST 11 AM - 2 PM/ 2:30 PM - 8 PM/ 8:30 PM - 2 AM
4. MissleMaster EST 10 AM - 10 PM

Well now we have 4 signed up competitors... if worse comes to worse then we will have a 4 person tournament.

Waiting List:

1. DarkTroop7*
2. Runescape124*
3. MiamiBigAL*
4. NoSleep*
5. inflict*
6. Fasty^
7. Ramilmaster?
8. jordster5?

? people who seemed to want to sign up but nnot officially said it.

MissleMaster
MissleMaster
3 posts
Nomad

Actually, after this week I will only be available from 2pm-10pm and not until 8pm - 11pm on Fridays... sorry for the inconvenience in time

deathraiderx
deathraiderx
1 posts
Nomad

[b]lets do this ***** now!

Showing 106-120 of 171