ForumsGamesOfficial: 2011 Colony Tournament

171 34838
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I know there's an annual Colony tournament that would like to be started, but I want to lay down some ground rules from the start.

When this tournament is over, we'll lock this topic until next year, when we'll update the thread title to reflect the current year.

RULES

1. This tournament does not "belong" to Quicksmasher/Fasty. He may have started it in the past, but he is no longer welcome as a member of our site FOR ANY PURPOSE, even if just to post on forums. The tournament will only be called the "Colony Tournament".

2. In compliance with our other rules, players proved to be cheating will face a 31-day temporary ban from the site. Circumvention of this ban, or a second hacking offense, will result in a permanent ban from the site. NO EXCEPTIONS. Report them to SoymasterYos or brp47 who will investigate and report to me.

3. Players who are permanently banned from the site may participate as GUESTS (not logged into the site or the game) if the tournament planners allow it, but creation of an account for this tournament will GET THE TOURNAMENT THREAD SHUT DOWN, and bans will be handed out. End of discussion.

4. The last active thread had a HUGE amount of text (copied from at least one or two other threads) written as a graphic image, which is unacceptable by our forum rules. We do NOT allow posting images of text, or posting text in alternate colors. Please continue to abide by these rules. Other tournament threads were shut down because we suspected that Fasty was trying to circumvent his bans in order to revive the tournament, or because they broke other forum rules (advertising, posting text as an image, etc).

As moderators and staff of the company, we still have the final say on whether a thread lives or dies, including this one.

---

With all that, let the games begin. Good luck to our players.

--
I reserve the right to edit this message at a later date to include more rules/notes.

• 171 Replies
inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

i do remember saying that we should do that.....a figure head of a board of people who wish to help run things...... ok so we have agreed that all can runs this now i suggest we have an election for different roles such as
1. president - 1 person - is in charge of the board
2. vice - 1 or 2 people - is second in command
3. recorders - as many as possible - people who can potentialy record games...or even better if yos can teach them how to record on tini chat so we can watch them play online..this only takes a download... and solves the problem of 2v2's needing to be recorded with a camera.
4.commity -people to dicide and agree on rules and timetables.
5. game admins - to help out with any thing from noteifying peoples walls for when there next game is to... just being online so that they can watch tini chat to make sure nobody is cheating and to testify who wins... this role should be open to any responsible person..
i would like to put myself forward for vice and i think yos would do a good job in charge.

the main downfall of the last torny..was only half the player's were active, and that people were not on at the same time...therefore we collect everyone's time zones so that the first few matches can be agenst player's of a similar time zone.

ok so its a 2v2 tornement.........

whats the closeing date for entrys... and i will make a list of people... and save it. i suggest 30th august.

ok so everyone can enter with a parnter and each single player can enter 2 times, but with diiferent people...... state your name and your partner's and both your timezones, and if your want to be part of the board in any way.

i am totaly adiment this wil be a 2v2. but the rest of the rules will be decided along with the board memberes.

i will start. this is real. the first team in the competition. arage you entry as such.

player 1. inflict- timzone: Greenwich mean time/Uk -board:
i would like to stand for vice president because i have a lot of time and effort to throw into this game and this torny... i will make sure everything is done well and smoothly.

player2. nubble- timezone: UK - board: no

40P2P
40P2P
161 posts
Nomad

Well look inflict for some random reason you put yourself in charge of the tournament. I also think you misread yos post. He said loser picks type. I mean i get why he wants 2v2 its just 1v1 is standard. 2v2 takes more people and has alot more chance for problems. I mean seriously if someone is in charge it should at least be the pro community. I mean you even said in order to get in we have to 2v2 you and yos. That enough discourages alot of the pro players. Im just saying that this tourney will most likely have the low class players.

Dylski11
Dylski11
37 posts
Nomad

If this happens, IF count me in.

XXDahlXX
XXDahlXX
29 posts
Nomad

2v2 was the original design for how the game was supposed to be played and if it discourages people its their loss organization needs to begin and a partnership thread needs to be made if were going with these rules as well as a commitee thread for the construction of the tournament and id be happy to help out as acommittee member hopefully this will go better than bankheads tournament which just fell apart

XXDahlXX
XXDahlXX
29 posts
Nomad

Heres another thing to consider why dont we hold off on this tournament until the update to AG v3? it might be a good way to kick off the update

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

AG3 is still a little ways away, though users who are on the AG3 beta can still play the game with AG2 players.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I have a couple of questions:

Why would you post this without a meaning to actually having a tournament?

If you need someone to volunteer to organize it I will.

If not could I sign up?

Even if so could I sign up without anyone thinking I was cheating?

And are there prizes?

Pacmanateyou
Pacmanateyou
255 posts
Nomad

I nominate chessmaster102 to run this tournament!

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I second the nomination.

NoSleep
NoSleep
46 posts
Nomad

I, NoSleep, nominate chessmaster102 to run this tournament

g3tSome
g3tSome
74 posts
Nomad

I also nominate chessmaster102 to run this 2011 colony tournament

40P2P
40P2P
161 posts
Nomad

As do i

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

me as wellll... but now we need some rules..... any objection to rule 1.this is a 2v2 torny

Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

I think 1v1 tournament would be much easier to make happen but if it does end up 2v2, so be it.
I'd also be happy for Chessmaster102 to organise the tournament.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Well my thoughts on 2v2 tournaments is that its harder to set up times that everyone can play at. Also 2v2 tournaments don't stress how well you are as an individual player for you play with another person on your team.

For 1v1 it stresses how well you play and this is where the skill comes in. You need good micro, macro, and the ability to see and counter what your opponent is doing.

From experience of Starcraft 1, Starcraft 2, and Colony I can absolutely say that if you make a mistake in team play its not as crucial as it would be in 1 on 1 play.

Well my vote is for it to be 1v1. I would like to get the popularity vote though.

(#&$$

p.s. I'm so happy so many people wanted me to run it.

Showing 16-30 of 171