ForumsGamesOfficial: 2011 Colony Tournament

171 34836
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I know there's an annual Colony tournament that would like to be started, but I want to lay down some ground rules from the start.

When this tournament is over, we'll lock this topic until next year, when we'll update the thread title to reflect the current year.

RULES

1. This tournament does not "belong" to Quicksmasher/Fasty. He may have started it in the past, but he is no longer welcome as a member of our site FOR ANY PURPOSE, even if just to post on forums. The tournament will only be called the "Colony Tournament".

2. In compliance with our other rules, players proved to be cheating will face a 31-day temporary ban from the site. Circumvention of this ban, or a second hacking offense, will result in a permanent ban from the site. NO EXCEPTIONS. Report them to SoymasterYos or brp47 who will investigate and report to me.

3. Players who are permanently banned from the site may participate as GUESTS (not logged into the site or the game) if the tournament planners allow it, but creation of an account for this tournament will GET THE TOURNAMENT THREAD SHUT DOWN, and bans will be handed out. End of discussion.

4. The last active thread had a HUGE amount of text (copied from at least one or two other threads) written as a graphic image, which is unacceptable by our forum rules. We do NOT allow posting images of text, or posting text in alternate colors. Please continue to abide by these rules. Other tournament threads were shut down because we suspected that Fasty was trying to circumvent his bans in order to revive the tournament, or because they broke other forum rules (advertising, posting text as an image, etc).

As moderators and staff of the company, we still have the final say on whether a thread lives or dies, including this one.

---

With all that, let the games begin. Good luck to our players.

--
I reserve the right to edit this message at a later date to include more rules/notes.

• 171 Replies
opponentmule2
opponentmule2
3 posts
Nomad

1v1 and 2v2...

Why can't we have two people...

NoSleep
NoSleep
46 posts
Nomad

going back from the first page, i think there are more votes for 2v2 and some of the ppl who voted for 1v1 said they would participate if it were 2v2.

XXDahlXX
XXDahlXX
29 posts
Nomad

i vote 2v2 there arent many 2v2 tournaments plus it can be shorter

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

lol... i counted again.. its 5 all

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

nosleep was that a vote or not?

40P2P
40P2P
161 posts
Nomad

Lol just forget it for me XD. Im out anyway.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Well today is the last day of voting so unless a miracle happens its going to be 2v2. So now do we want premade or mixed up teams?

opponentmule2
opponentmule2
3 posts
Nomad

I vote 2v2 to even it up. Guys don't hate me

NoSleep
NoSleep
46 posts
Nomad

yes i voted for 2v2 inflict

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

how do u join the tournament?

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Well it looks like the tournament is 2v2.

Now are we going to have premade teams or mixed up teams?

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

dont tell people to sign up yet case we dont know if it mix up or not.....

ok i wont vote on this one but i think mix up will be fun...if we matched up so teams were kinda even i would make mor balanced games

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

Thats the point of the mixed up teams... you face people on your level and move up or down if u win or lose. The person with the best team work will end up on top.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I think mixed. Here's why. Players should be able to adapt to the conditions given. Granted this is Colony, which is an unbalanced game so adapting is very difficult.

Showing 61-75 of 171