ForumsThe TavernBigfoot, Sasquatch and others

71 8428
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Are there any of you on this forum who have seen a Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti, or any other such creature (or, for that matter, any other Cryptid?). Personally, I haven't yet, but the subject interests me and I would like to here any stories you have.

Please, no bull, no lies, and let's not allow this to degenerate into an argument about wether they're real or not or if they're related to man in any way. This is just for sightings.

• 71 Replies
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I have never seen one, but it is possible one could exist. I personally believe it is possible, but most sightings and &quotroof" are complete B.S.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

but most sightings and &quotroof" are complete B.S.

Yes, there is a lot of static in the air on the matter, but there are some people that take it seriously. There is an organization that I heard about called BFRO - Bigfoot Field Research Organization. It's a nationwide group that tracks Bigfoot encounters, and they recently had a tv series about their expeditions from Florida to Alaska. They found some interesting stuff, including police dash cam footage and nighttime thermal images.

I wonder what will happen if someone actually catches a live Bigfoot.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Personally, I haven't yet, but the subject interests me and I would like to here any stories you have.

Well if you really want to see one, you could drug yourself in the woods and if you're lucky enough, you will be able to see a Bigfoot.

Look, if we can discover over 800 000 different species of insects, I'm pretty sure we would of discovered a mini king kong already. They don't exist.
jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

From, i think 2 or 1 year(s) ago i was in Swiss, and on a big hill i saw something brown with much hair was walking up at the hill!
Phew.. I was pretty scared

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Well if you really want to see one, you could drug yourself in the woods and if you're lucky enough, you will be able to see a Bigfoot.

No bs, please.

if we can discover over 800 000 different species of insects, I'm pretty sure we would of discovered a mini king kong already. They don't exist.

From all accounts, they're crafty buggers and good at hiding. Also, there are accounts that suggest that they have near-human intelligence. If a human can sneak up right behind you in an open area and you not even realize it, how would you detect a well-hidden creature accustomed to the local environment in a forest?
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I have seen them all because they all exist. I mean there is solid proof that they are true, like a handful of photoshopped pictures and edited vidoes. That was all sarcasm if you couldn't tell. Sasquatch and bigfoot are just myths that aren't true.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

National Geographic had an interesting take on the subject. They suggested that there could be certain prehistoric species living in caves in remote but habitable areas of the planet. It's possible this is what has been sighted.

They also hypothesized, less interestingly, that people had been spotting Native Americans from a certain tribe going through an initiation ritual. There is a tribe in the pacific northwest that sends their men out into the woods for a matter of years to purposely become what we might describe as "savages".

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

They also hypothesized, less interestingly, that people had been spotting Native Americans from a certain tribe going through an initiation ritual. There is a tribe in the pacific northwest that sends their men out into the woods for a matter of years to purposely become what we might describe as "savages".

I've heard about this. The ritual is supposed to be paying homage to Sasquatch creatures that supposedly co-existed with the tribe in ancestral times.
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

Alright, I say that at least Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Grassman is real. There have been SO many sightings it can't be fake. They've proven that the head of a Sasquatch cannot fit over a human head due to the deeper brow, thus this cannot be a gang of teenage rabble.
Nessie doesn't exist. If it did, it's dead. Chupacabra? Probably just rabid dogs without any hair.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I bet no one has had a big foot encounter like this.
Bigfoot FOUND!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

There is an organization that I heard about called BFRO - Bigfoot Field Research Organization. It's a nationwide group that tracks Bigfoot encounters, and they recently had a tv series about their expeditions from Florida to Alaska. They found some interesting stuff, including police dash cam footage and nighttime thermal images.

Please tell me they don't receive public funding for this.
brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

From, i think 2 or 1 year(s) ago i was in Swiss, and on a big hill i saw something brown with much hair was walking up at the hill!

sounds like my next door neighbor

agreed if anyone can get money for trying to research things that don't exist, i'm going to sell air guitars for a living!
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Chupacabra? Probably just rabid dogs without any hair.

Actually, there is now an animal officially named "Chupacabra." It has been caught on video, as well as a specimen being shot and killed by a farmer two or three years ago in the American Southwest. It appears to be a new subspecies of canine with little or no hair and very pronounced fang-like teeth in the front of the mouth. Its origins are unclear at this time, but enough of it fit traditional descriptions that it was dubbed Chupacabra.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

There is an organization that I heard about called BFRO - Bigfoot Field Research Organization. It's a nationwide group that tracks Bigfoot encounters, and they recently had a tv series about their expeditions from Florida to Alaska. They found some interesting stuff, including police dash cam footage and nighttime thermal images.

Relax. BFRO is a private organization, and its staff are all volunteers.

agreed if anyone can get money for trying to research things that don't exist, i'm going to sell air guitars for a living!

I think there's a company that beat you to that one. You might try prepackaged daydreams instead. Otherwise, just ask for "stimulus" money from the government. They love to finance things like shrimp on a tiny treadmill.

Nessie doesn't exist. If it did, it's dead.

While the famous Nessie may indeed be among the dearly departed, there are quite a few similar creatures said to live around the world, most notably "Champ," who is said to prowl Lake Champlain (hence the name).
Sooner or later though, someone's going to find something conclusive.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I do not believe in cryptids because no one has aver seen them very clearly. Therefore I conclude that they can not exist. When they are interviewed let me know and I will believe.

Showing 1-15 of 71