ForumsThe Tavern2011 "American" Football Season

78 13592
pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Hey there "American" (I'll give a reason to these quotations later in this post) football fans. I couldn't find a thread like this, although there were threads like it in the past, like a year ago, about the 2010 season. But anyway, now that it's been over three and a half weeks since the players and owners agreed to a CBA and the lockout was lifted, players, coaches, and front offices went back on the field for training camp, and more recently, the pre-season began.

So, to formally introduce this thread, I would like to make it the "official" NFL thread for the 2011 season, because there's no other threads discussing the 2011 season. If this thread becomes popular (which I really, truly hope so), then this is the place where you can place your predictions on the outcome of games each week, and predict who will make the playoffs and come out on top in Super Bowl XLVI. Also, this is the place where you can talk about the teams you love, the teams you hate, the players you love, the players you hate, your opinions on the new rules that protect quarterbacks, and why you hate Roger Goodell.

And, about the quotations: This is a thread for the fans of American football on AG, not for "European" football fans to whine about us Americans "stealing the name of your sport". You are welcome to this thread if you are respectful to American football, otherwise your posts will be meaningless.

• 78 Replies
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

I don't think Matt can carry the Titans like a Peyton Manning can carry the Colts, but they do seem to have a legit shot at a 10 win season.

Well, I think they have a legit chance. They do not have a very brutal
schedule. I think CJ2K stepped up this week @Browns.
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

It would also be easy for then to win the AFC south. The only challenge t=in the division would be the Texans.

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

I think Texans win the AFC South.

Arian Foster looked great, Matt Schaub is doing pretty good, and they have more weapons than the Titans.

frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

I feel obligated to post in this thread because the Lions aren't getting the credit they deserve. A very good QB (Matthew Stafford), a great WR (Calvin Johnson), good TE (Brandon Pettigrew) and a defensive line that should be feared. I think the NFC should be afraid.

I agree,recently they whuped the pants of the Patriots!
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Arian Foster looked great, Matt Schaub is doing pretty good, and they have more weapons than the Titans.

Keep in note that they won't have Andre Johnson for some games, I think...
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

I agree,recently they whuped the pants of the Patriots!

The Lions have not played the Patriots!

Second I do not think the Texans will win. That is because of their defense. The Titans are in ranked 7th in total defense. The Texans are 10th. The Titans defense is brutal. That is why I think the Texans will not win the AFC south.
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Frisko, I don't know what you're talking about. The last time the Pats played the Lions, the Pats won 45-23.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

They say the Eagles are the "Dream Team". They said it, but they didn't prove it. So...oops.

Also, Raiders won. R.I.P Al Davis

49ers murdered the Bucs.

Colts, 0-5 but that's a good thing, they can/might get Andrew Luck or possibly Kellen Moore if they keep losing.

Jets continue to slide down. (Sorry Pauler)

Seattle upsets the Giants on the road.

Cam newton almost pulls a big one vs the Saints but doesn't. They fall to 1-4. But there is hope for them to get an okay-ish winning record. I'm not expecting a playoff appearance though.

Chargers beat the Broncos. But this is the start of Tim Tebow's legacy. Or is it...

Vikings go crazy and score 28 points in the 1st quarter. (Thanks to AD (Adrian Peterson)). And that gives them the win.

So far the Falcons are looking good but the Packers steal the lead. 15-14 (2-pt conversion failed) 3rd quarter.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Guys, it's a miracle! THE BENGALS HAVE A WINNING RECORD!!!!!!!!!!

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

@zakyman:
WHAT????? *head explodes*......................................*puts head back together*. It must be a sign! Now all that needs to happen is Brett Farve come out of retirement and not throw 4 interceptions a game and a team to come to LA in the next 5 years and the stage is set for the world to end!!! I don't know what i am talking about but i felt it needed to be said.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I don't know what i am talking about but i felt it needed to be said.

LOL

I am one of the few who think the bengals stand a chance this year. they should be 5-2 to start the season, but then if they can beat some division rivals then it would be a playoff year
ATC3
ATC3
76 posts
Nomad

If the Bengals make the playoffs it will be a miracle comeback.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

The preseason is really nothing just a warm-up and basically the back-up team in to play to avoid injuries. Still though, some teams keep the starting players in.

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Guys, for you Lions fans out there, you realize that you're talking about a PRESEASON game correct?

I don't care what happened in the PRE-season. I care about the real season. And the last time the pats and the Lions played in a regular season game, the Pats went into Detroit on Thanksgiving and kicked the Lions 2 ways to sunday.

Curtis painter looks pretty good so far. If only he'd been playing the whole year the Colts might be 2-3.

It's a sad day. In the 2000's, QB belonged to Brady and Manning. Now it's Aaron Rodgers turn. It's not that i don't like A-Rodg, I do, he's my 2nd fav QB(Brady is 1), but the question remains.

Who will be the rival of A-Rodg?

Nearly every great QB has had a just as great rival.

Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway

Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning

Now the question is, who will be the next great QB to rule 11-20 along with Aaron Rodgers? I personally would want it to be Matt Ryan, but from what I've seen from him so far, that seems highly unlikely.

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

So, anybody think that the falcons still have a chance this year?

Showing 46-60 of 78