ForumsWEPRReasons to be an Atheist .

660 146771
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Alright I have been researching theories talking with other Atheists and I have discovered some people who are Atheists but for the wrong reasons like...
1.Settling a score with God because they hate him for (whatever)reasons.
2.Just because.
Some good reasons...
1.There is no evidence.
2.A book written by primitive people is no proof for any God/Gods.
3.Nothing can be omniscient and omnipotent.
Any other reasons can be stated for I am interested in some of your reasons or reasons not to be.

• 660 Replies
thekingoftheworld
thekingoftheworld
32 posts
Nomad

a good reason to be an athiest is you don't answer all questions with becouse god wants it like that, you just start investegating the problem and don't get back to the answer of a god but find a natural facktor that made it happen.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

a good reason to be an athiest is you don't answer all questions with becouse god wants it like that, you just start investegating the problem and don't get back to the answer of a god but find a natural facktor that made it happen.

Even though people know about fossils, they still quote the Bible and say it was God that did it...Even when the waves move due to the moon's gravity, people might still say that God created or is controlling that gravity. That's the problem, you simply can't get it into some peoples' heads that it's a natural phenomenon at work
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Even when the waves move due to the moon's gravity, people might still say that God created or is controlling that gravity.

Reminds me of this.
Bill O'Reilly vs David Silverman - Tide Goes In, Tide Goes Out
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Reminds me of this.

My God! (Just an expression, ahem, doesn't mean I believe in deities), I got my example from there too. Personally I think O'Reilly is a big lying git.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

The fact that millions of Americans diligently watch this cretin is too stupid to even try and rationalise. Sure we have more than enough dumb Brits, but they at least over here we see to it they don't get much air time.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

But as far as atheists that I know personally, they seem to be the close-minded ones because they converted because of the gloriously weak reason of "RELIGION CUZEZ ANY AND ALL WAWRZ AND CATHOLIC PRIESTZ LIEK 2 **** LIL BOIS". And all the atheists that go to my school are d***holes. I might even be a d***hole and just don't know it, yet. I hope not, though.

Has the adjective Atheist become "he who not only disbelieves of, but, hates the idea of God and all whom follow his "existence""? I mean, both groups have extremists and instigators but that doesn't mean all or most think or run that way. I know many Atheists... and I only know they are Atheist because I asked. I would have never known and they would have never told me.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

The fact that millions of Americans diligently watch this cretin is too stupid to even try and rationalise. Sure we have more than enough dumb Brits, but they at least over here we see to it they don't get much air time.

Calling citizens of an entire country stupid, now are we?

Has the adjective Atheist become "he who not only disbelieves of, but, hates the idea of God and all whom follow his "existence""? I mean, both groups have extremists and instigators but that doesn't mean all or most think or run that way

I'm talking about the Atheists that I know personally. I never said all Atheists act that way, just all the ones I've met in person. (Which is about, 10, maybe?)
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Calling citizens of an entire country stupid, now are we?

As someone who is part of that country I agree with his statement.
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

Hey, pal! I'm a follower of Christ, but I don't think that the answer to everything is God (even though it is indirectly according to my faith). The only Christians I see that actually do that are small children or Adults teaching children about God. I mean, it's just plain ignorance to doubt all the facts around you when they are obviously true.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Hey, pal! I'm a follower of Christ, but I don't think that the answer to everything is God (even though it is indirectly according to my faith).

The answer to everything isn't God but it is????

The only Christians I see that actually do that are small children or Adults teaching children about God.

I've seen many do this, any time there is a denial of science or a gap in our knowledge it becomes "God did it".
JamminDeV
JamminDeV
39 posts
Nomad

Fine with me if you believe in some old man who created the world in like half a nano-second but keeps stuff like cancer, or even the common cold.

JamminDeV
JamminDeV
39 posts
Nomad

He also made light before creating the sun and the moon...

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

He also made light before creating the sun and the moon...

He also made the Earth and plant life before the sun.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I never said all Atheists act that way, just all the ones I've met in person. (Which is about, 10, maybe?)

Atheist is the common lack of belief in a deity. The idea that they're atheist has little influence on their actions, actually.

But alas, the faction of "atheism" (not that it's really a faction) is split into several sub types of people. Pantheists, idiots, immoral people, psychopaths, etc.

- H
supremzach
supremzach
95 posts
Nomad

why dose every thing have to be religious cant we just ignore the fact that were atheist Muslim christian cant we just get along and stop arguing who is right

Showing 181-195 of 660