ForumsWEPRReasons to be an Atheist .

660 146876
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Alright I have been researching theories talking with other Atheists and I have discovered some people who are Atheists but for the wrong reasons like...
1.Settling a score with God because they hate him for (whatever)reasons.
2.Just because.
Some good reasons...
1.There is no evidence.
2.A book written by primitive people is no proof for any God/Gods.
3.Nothing can be omniscient and omnipotent.
Any other reasons can be stated for I am interested in some of your reasons or reasons not to be.

• 660 Replies
Ultimaster
Ultimaster
10 posts
Nomad

And those "near death experiences" can be explained by science. I forget the exact name though. And you will never find out if there is no god, because if there is none you won't have time to think after you are dead. Or at least according to your logic,(Insert name of person who everyone kept quoting). And Xzeno seems to have conflicts of interest. I wonder which religious faith he really belongs to?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

It is virtually impossible to convince a great majority of religious people to become atheists or agnostics.

I would rather be more interested in getting people to think in a logical critical manner. From there the loss of theistic views often follow.

Something to consider. Every time we have made significant advancements in our knowledge, often resulting in completely new fields of study, it was from first abandoning supernatural explanations. Never once has this worked in the opposite direction.
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Something to consider. Every time we have made significant advancements in our knowledge, often resulting in completely new fields of study, it was from first abandoning supernatural explanations. Never once has this worked in the opposite direction.

Someone watches thinking atheist :P
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Someone watches thinking atheist :P

yes I do, but that's not the first place I have heard such a thing stated. There I was trying to put it in my own words though I may have instead just quoted.
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

yes I do, but that's not the first place I have heard such a thing stated. There I was trying to put it in my own words though I may have instead just quoted.

It's ok if you sound like other people which is why plagiarism really makes me mad because in 100 years all words will be said about a subject in all ways so then if you copy it you would either get in trouble or have to cite the person as if they were important enough to get recognition.
darkangel12341
darkangel12341
111 posts
Nomad

You know, religion is like saying somthing/someone sits in the sky sprinkiling magic dust down on us all making things better or worse. Makes lots of sense right?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

You know, religion is like saying somthing/someone sits in the sky sprinkiling magic dust down on us all making things better or worse. Makes lots of sense right?

Well... no.. Though there are many religions that have things just as silly.
SirGunMan
SirGunMan
2 posts
Nomad

Reason NOT to be an Athesist.

1. Your going to Hell lol yep you are, sorry mate

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

1. Your going to Hell lol yep you are, sorry mate

Your being judgmental like the Bible says not to, see you there! or not since Hell doesn't actually exist either.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

atheist: hell doesn't exist, so i have nothing to fear.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

To add to this a being who would have me tortured for eternity simply for not believing he existed and used this threat to get those who do believe in him to stay in line, isn't a being worth a (insert favorite colorful expletive here) to get acknowledgment, let alone be worshiped.

Llamasushi
Llamasushi
102 posts
Peasant

-.-. You can't prove God. end of story. You CAN disprove god. End of story, again...Fact of the matter is, if it's unprovable, then it's most likely not real.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

"God is dead." - Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead." - God

Nitezsche er... He was kind of right you know. In some ways it was NATURALLY BORN (I'm talking about Religion). But with all we have no it sustains no viable reason for remaining. God is Dead is metaphorically speaking of course.

I would have preferred Religion not come into the equation of life at all, although it did, and it was kind of natural (it was an explaination for unknown things). Shifting Religion to the side now will be very difficult if not impossible, sadly. :/

- H
amon2006
amon2006
29 posts
Nomad

i am from azerbaijan and in our country there are really few people who doesnt believe in God..thats why i dont know anyone who doesnt believe in God..but i think that reasons to be an Atheist isnt actually a perfect sentence. there is only one reason ..because some people just dont want to believe. they trying find some evidences sagainst existence of God .but there are so many proves..look at the sky right now you will see stars .The moon. What do you think now>?

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

.look at the sky right now you will see stars .The moon. What do you think now>?

I think you need to come up with a better argument with that.
Showing 106-120 of 660