ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159366
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

this is my number 100 post and i shoot trap all the time, i work at a gun club,i shoot tweey birds in the summer time,headshot squirrels,deer hunt, turkey hunt,like in da sticks,have prepared myself a "hidey hole' in a remote area about a mile from the nearst house and 10 miles from the nearest town.i do fish although i am not a big fisher,i trap,i can hit your the dime you hold in your hands at 100 yard with my .270. A.K.A for all the little zombies beware beacuse i'm gonna get ya

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Sleeping in a tree without any additional support is still a completely retarded idea that will leave you worse off than you were to begin with.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

apperently you only read a few sentences of my reply annd you have no imaginatoin at all about how things could work.instead of just saying my idea is stuoid just try to understand the whole post and use your mind a little bit.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I did and the tree obsession seems to be the largest flaw in your plan. Yes, they are useful, but that usefulness is far outweighed by their drawbacks.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

please tell the cons of using trees and then i will say pros.the whole plan was not about trees .they are just a decent % of it

soddo
soddo
3 posts
Peasant

who cares to survive....

let's join them and let's go eat togheter some brainnnzzzzzz

killstreak117
killstreak117
10 posts
Nomad

My weapons of choice would vary depending on what kind of zombies we'er talking about. If the they are fast like the Infected on 28 Days Later, Then u would use guns like the shotgun or the assault rifle because u need to take them out at long distance before they get to u and make u their Happy Meal. If they are slow and dumb like the ones from Night of the Living Dead, then u could use any weapons u can find.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Fatiguing sleep, lack of mobility and the fact that you wouldn't be able to see zombies coming in a forest.....

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

pros

adaquite hiding area,no zombies gonna see u if u in the correct area.greater range of vision,multiple braches means places to hang things( backpack, guns,anything else)if a area is deemed adaquite enough then a stand may be made leading to better sleep ( still not great but better),any fruit,nuts,acorns,may be eatinn off the tree

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

adaquite hiding area,no zombies gonna see u if u in the correct area.

What if they are blind like in High School of the Dead or if they hunt by smell?

greater range of vision

Not in a thick forest.

multiple braches means places to hang things( backpack, guns,anything else)

I'll give you that one.

if a area is deemed adaquite enough then a stand may be made leading to better sleep ( still not great but better)

But without one, the sleep is terrible.

any fruit,nuts,acorns,may be eatinn off the tree

Unless you KNOW what you are doing, DO NOT do this.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

guys a .243 is used in the army as a sniper for its low kick ,flat shooting,and high power on the other side of the bullet.a .243 can be bought at any gun store.most families with young shooters use .243. a .243 can go 1000 yards.a .243 is a sniper and can be found as commen as any other gun.and it will blow the head off any zombie,human,or deer

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

any fruit,nuts,acorns,may be eatinn off the tree
Unless you KNOW what you are doing, DO NOT do this
if you area able to make it to the forest then you probably atleast know a little bit about what to eat and what not to eat.

there are many different kinds of forest,woods some are hard to see through that is true but there are also wods that are not that hard to see through.

if they are blind and do hunt by smell theni suggest to do what deer hunters do......put on some of the smell away stuff that makes you not smell.it will make it ALOT harder to find you.

thanks for giving some good resons on wwhy you think i am wrong killersup says thank u

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

if they are blind and do hunt by smell theni suggest to do what deer hunters do......put on some of the smell away stuff that makes you not smell.it will make it ALOT harder to find you.

Rather than smell like a person, you now smell like a bunch of chemicals. I hunt, and I've used the 'scent go away' stuff, and I've found it more affective to simply wear clothes with no detergent, and not take a shower the morning of.

Besides, I can't think of any reasonable... reason as to why a virus would suddenly enhance the smell of a victim. Granted, zombification isn't reasonalbe.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

i think it all depense on the brand.if the deer cannot smell me i doubt that a zombie will.

Sparx0
Sparx0
137 posts
Nomad

Here, see this video: [url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWiMHnHxNQ [/url]

Showing 376-390 of 459