ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159337
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

Not if the zombies have a good sense of smell. I'd like to be able to see the zombies. any obstructed view risks the zombie "Attacking when you least expect it."

Ladders or a crate or something. Not that hard. If you can see a zombie most likely it can see you! The key to surviving the zombie apocalypse is STEALTH.

Clears them out nicely and gives a fire for cooking stuff on.
I'm not eating anything made on burning a zombie fire. Doesn't make sense to me you'd probably just catch whatever the zombie has.

I will get all the water bottles and food from any nearby store. And will enjoy rest of my life sniping zombies from above

Everyone has already looted all water and such and your bullets will run out eventually. Your plan is death. I wouldn't follow you around.

don't forget, not all zombies have to be idiotic slow shuffling ones, what if you were faced with ones that can climb, could mutate into different versions, could go into a full sprint, didn't rot?

Okay let's say zombie could sprint the zombie that would sprint would be fresh ones that have just been bitten and could sprint before dying. You're thinking a Resident Evil zombie that mutates and crap but of course a zombie would rot. It's a human isn't it? Humans rot when they are dead so eventually all zombies will die off.
GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

Okay fine. Clear out the zombies with one fire, clean out the ditch, and make another fire for food.

No, the key to surviving is NOT stealth. It's not letting anything get behind you. I could survive 1,000 zombies if I kept them all in front of me and had my spartan gear. But if just 2 got behind me...death.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Okay let's say zombie could sprint the zombie that would sprint would be fresh ones that have just been bitten and could sprint before dying. You're thinking a Resident Evil zombie that mutates and crap but of course a zombie would rot. It's a human isn't it? Humans rot when they are dead so eventually all zombies will die off.

yes but why does a zombie have to be dead?

Valve zombies: Taken over by a mutated rabies virus, though severely weakened they can ignore a lot of pain, sprint, destroy doors with easy, climb almost any surface
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

yes but why does a zombie have to be dead?

Valve zombies: Taken over by a mutated rabies virus, though severely weakened they can ignore a lot of pain, sprint, destroy doors with easy, climb almost any surface

That where the myth of zombies started as being dead and risen from the grave. I bet majority of people think of zombies as dead this whole 'virus caused a zombie' reasoning is a newer one.

climb almost any surface
they have spiderman stickies on their fingers and can climb walls? if a zombie couldn't do it before they 'died' or where 'infected'. They can't do it after.
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

No, the key to surviving is NOT stealth. It's not letting anything get behind you. I could survive 1,000 zombies if I kept them all in front of me and had my spartan gear. But if just 2 got behind me...death.
If you're smart two won't get behind you and with 1000 zombies you're dead anyways.
GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

If you're smart two won't get behind you and with 1000 zombies you're dead anyways.

Well, I am smart. And if i'm facing them in an open field, I'm pretty sure I'd get them all. just keep out of grabbing range and stab them with the spear.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

You're telling me you can do 1000 spear thrusts through 1000 human skulls? I think you're sort of forgetting that you're a person. And not a mega Spartan.

I would do some running in that situation. There is no way I could that many zombies with just a spear. Maybe a gun. If I had a few people with me, so they could fight while I reload.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

That where the myth of zombies started as being dead and risen from the grave. I bet majority of people think of zombies as dead this whole 'virus caused a zombie' reasoning is a newer one.

so? the Rabies-esque virus that takes over is actually more believable, it basically brings out the infected's animal instincts

they have spiderman stickies on their fingers and can climb walls? if a zombie couldn't do it before they 'died' or where 'infected'. They can't do it after.

again you are ignorant of the fact Viruses can make the infected stronger/more agile/etc.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

again you are ignorant of the fact Viruses can make the infected stronger/more agile/etc.

I mean, yeah. If we assume this is all somehow possible, wouldn't it be easier to just make the zombie bleed out. If it runs out of blood it runs out of movement. If there was a real zombie apocalypse and I had to fight one I would try to crack its skull, or make it bleed out. By shooting or stabing its heart. Or brain if I can. But if the heart is easier I would definitely go for that. It should be just as effective.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

I mean, yeah. If we assume this is all somehow possible, wouldn't it be easier to just make the zombie bleed out. If it runs out of blood it runs out of movement. If there was a real zombie apocalypse and I had to fight one I would try to crack its skull, or make it bleed out. By shooting or stabing its heart. Or brain if I can. But if the heart is easier I would definitely go for that. It should be just as effective.

yeh it'd be easy to kill, but they would be able to withstand say, losing an arm while still going on. they wouldn't be effected as much but there would be hordes and hordes of them, all sprinting at you clawing and kicks
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

@all who critize the plans of the others, how would you survive in a zombie apocalypse?

about which zed type do we talk, the slow and dumb or the fast and inteligent or about mutated like in resident evil? because the plan to survive changes with the zombie type.

i think the best plan is to get not bitten, to be carefull and do not stand alone ( a small group CANbe helpfull), weapons like a knife or so are usefull if a zed attacks you (must not be a knife as long it is not to noisy) and last but not least, search and find a safe place like in the mountains (can zeds climb? do they like cold weather?) or on an ABANDONED island.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

can zeds climb? do they like cold weather?

depends, most popular descriptions they're shuffling idiots, but the ones i prefer the best can and will

as for cold weather, if they're alive, yes, if they're dead, then enjoy zombiesickles
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

You're telling me you can do 1000 spear thrusts through 1000 human skulls? I think you're sort of forgetting that you're a person. And not a mega Spartan.

I would do some running in that situation. There is no way I could that many zombies with just a spear. Maybe a gun. If I had a few people with me, so they could fight while I reload.

Agreed

You're ignorant of the fact that a zombie can't climb a 8 story building. That's why being in a tall building is safe but of course they are more agile but not Spiderman agile, that's just being silly.

so? the Rabies-esque virus that takes over is actually more believable, it basically brings out the infected's animal instincts

Not really, both are highly improbable because it's fantasy!
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

You're ignorant of the fact that a zombie can't climb a 8 story building. That's why being in a tall building is safe but of course they are more agile but not Spiderman agile, that's just being silly.

YOU On the otherhand, if you can get onto an 8-story tall building then you have more pressing matters to attend to, such as hoping a Wharton of zombies don't siege you. And if that happens you run out of food. Assuming you have a godann large amount of soil then you need a lot of precious water. Which will be hard to come by in the summer if zombies are gathering under your house and in the winter you can't really grow crops.
GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

to say it sounds realistic is that this event of a virus causing the zed apocalypse is aimed at our common sense for it to sound realistic. our common sense is when we imagine a scenario in our heads that is bound by every rule that we know. one man said it is
sound and prudent judgement based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

this topic of a virus is playing upon that lack of knowledge, but it makes it more plausible than dead rising up. because if you think (common sense at work) which is more likely to occur. a virus to cause people to become zed or the undead rising.

p.s a virus wouldn't be able to do such things btw. a parasite probably, maybe a bacterium. not a professional but stating an opinion from my minimal amount of knowledge on the topic
Showing 76-90 of 459