ForumsThe TavernZombie survival tips

459 159226
Nundu
Nundu
7 posts
Peasant

K, so, this is a general discussion where people share tips about surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. The only requirements here are to remember how far the nearest weapon/grocery store is, or how populated the place you live in is. The larger the spot, the more the zombies. So, you can discuss your basic plan about how to survive, but first, ask yourself some questions, like:
1: What kind of resources do I have?
2: What kind of weapons are available to me now?
2: Where will I go?
Tell about what your main weapon would be (it doesn't have to be a gun), or where you'll go, or if you can improvise.
My main weapons would have to be a shotgun (easy handling, can take out numerous zombies in one shot) or a rifle, and my melee weapon would be a crowbar or an axe, and secondary would be a kitchen or jack knife.

• 459 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Better then the idiots heading to Walmart.

The mentality behind that would be that everyone thinks everyone is already going there and it would get swarmed constantly by survivors. In reality, it would be like Disney World on opening day: rather empty because everyone thought it would be too crowded.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The mentality behind that would be that everyone thinks everyone is already going there and it would get swarmed constantly by survivors. In reality, it would be like Disney World on opening day: rather empty because everyone thought it would be too crowded.

In the event of other emergency situations do we see these places go empty or do we see these places cleared out? We can expect people to behave the same if the emergency was a zombie apocalypse as they would with a natural disaster.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Examples to counteract what you just said: This thread. Read it. you will know what I mean.

Meanwhile

NO ONE SKIP THIS POST, IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE SORRY

The Panic
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

DO YOU REALIZE THAT I WORK OUT 5 HOURS A DAY WITH SPEARS AND SHIELDS? I AM RIPPED. THIS ALLCAPS POST SHOWS MY RAGE. AND GOING THROUGH SKULLS IS EASY IF YOU GO IN THROUGH THE EYE OR HACK IT OFF AT THE NECK.
/QQ~

Still, even if you do (which I doubt) have you tried it before? have you tried going through a thin sheet of metal 100 times why turning 360 degrees and getting bitten from the back as the numbers overwhelm you?
GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

Still, even if you do (which I doubt) have you tried it before? have you tried going through a thin sheet of metal 100 times why turning 360 degrees and getting bitten from the back as the numbers overwhelm you?

I've gone through 100 pumpkins with a spear before. And I have a shield too, so if they get around me I just bash them back with it.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

about which zed type do we talk, the slow and dumb or the fast and inteligent or about mutated like in resident evil? because the plan to survive changes with the zombie type.

if they are slow just run and hide somewhere safe. if they slow you can shoot at them (even if they notice you, you can still run away while you shoot them).

if they are dumb you can act like a zed like in shawn of the dead (dont forget the stench of death) to get through a zed horde, then search a safe place with no zombies.

if they are fast (depending on how fast), do not try to run (again, depends on how fast they are, if you are faster then run as fast as you can.), use weapons. if there is a horde of fast zeds...well...kill yourself to have a quik death or stand and fight, killing as much as you can before you die.

if they are smart and figure out how to use weapons, run, if they use guns............

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

I've gone through 100 pumpkins with a spear before. And I have a shield too, so if they get around me I just bash them back with it.

i hope you understand that pumpkin=/=head also what if they i dunno, GRAB your spear or shield? and if they snap it (which if they can, will)
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

You know, I think there are real zombies. Because in Peru? Somewhere around that area, there are gangs who feed people this drug made from puffer fish, and it makes them totally limp and inactive to the point they look dead. So the peoples family or whatever bury them, and then the gangs come back later, dig them up and wake them. The drug destroys their brain cells and they just become the obedient slaves of the gangs.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

wow nobody knows the 2 greatest plans in the world 1: bugs eat zombies slowly so i will start putting roadkill on the zombies to make them more attractive to bugs.2: go to the artic cause of 2 reasons they can't swim there and second if they do make it they have no body heat so they will freeze

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

wow nobody knows the 2 greatest plans in the world 1: bugs eat zombies slowly so i will start putting roadkill on the zombies to make them more attractive to bugs.2: go to the artic cause of 2 reasons they can't swim there and second if they do make it they have no body heat so they will freeze

Well okay... how does throwing roadkill at a zombie stop it from biting you? And how do you plan on surviving in the artic?
aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

Flag

Well okay... how does throwing roadkill at a zombie stop it from biting you? And how do you plan on surviving in the artic?

uhh by throwing roadkill the bugs will start over whlming the zombies andeat them before they can say ugadugdihfgfhigsdhfogisdhigs and the surviving in the artic thing i ll just bring a portable fire (buy one at walmart today ) and also bring a zombie meat cook book for some reasons....
GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

living in cold regions sounds smart, but stupid at the same time. lets say zombies are a mixed breed having everything to a smart athletic zombie to the slow and dumb ones that shout "brraains". whats stopping those smart ones from getting you in the arctic. nothing really as they have the smarts to use clothing or maybe a vehicle (no driving it though, as shelter, in my opinion i doubt they would be smart enough to use a weapon such as a gun)
if you are the kinda person who also believes that animals become infected then well most places would be hard to defend. the only places that would be best defended at first, would be a tall isolated building that is airtight with no entrance other than human doorways.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

If you lived in the arctic you would need to worry about zombie polar bears and wolves. Not zombie penguin. Also you would need to worry more about food, water, shelter, without that you would definitely die.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

i am starting to lose hope in humanity

I have a Remington Model 700 with about 300 rounds of 30-06 ammunition that I hunt with, a BUG-out bag with 2 weeks of supplies for four people, Mossy Oak cargo pants, gloves, shirt, jacket, and Balaclava, and insulated steel-toed boots. ^^

And I have access to a truck.
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I would get a knife. Yeah. A Knife would be good.

Showing 91-105 of 459