ForumsThe Tavern"I Don't Want to Live on this Planet Anymore"

277 55662
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

What things in this world, you think are SO STUPID, you just wanna say "I Don't Want to Live on this Planet Anymore".

Pizza's a vegetable... Is that so?

• 277 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I don't see the point of this thread...If you left Earth

The topic is not about actual off-world travel. That topic is here. It's about things people say/do that are so incredibly dumb/wrong you can't believe they said/did it.

Once I saw a comment on another site arguing that the earth had to have been created by God because "it's the only planet with gravity".
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Once I saw a comment on another site arguing that the earth had to have been created by God because "it's the only planet with gravity".

Sigh. And I'm eating the only cheeseburger with cheese (I'm not actually...I hate cheeseburgers) One thing that happened that made me just lose a little bit more faith in humanity was while I was teaching some students how to tie into a harness (I was a TA at the time) the kid somehow though that one rope tied into the end with no one holding the other end would keep him from falling, so he shouted, "Weee!" and then jumped and layed back. Needless to say, he fell flat on the back of his head. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, kick him, or call the nurse.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

All four perhaps?

Well in the end he got up and tried to act like it was intentional, so I left him to his self caused public humiliation. Turns out that later this same kid ended up pulling the rope out of the pulley because the jumped off the top of the 10ish foot bouldering wall during rappel practice. He didn't hurt himself, but the teacher was really mad :/ If you can't tell, this kid was a moron. (We never let him belay w/o a gri-gri, which is an idiot proof device)
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

He didn't hurt himself, but the teacher was really mad :/ If you can't tell, this kid was a moron.

I weep for the future.

Why is this stickied?
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Oh by the way, to answer Acmed's original post, Middle-Eastern religions, the girls at my high school, and tonight's performance by the BSC top five teams.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Why is this stickied?

*Shrugs* Some mod really agreed with it I suppose...or thought it would be funny.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Why is this stickied?

The answer is so obvious. If I tell you, you won't want to live on this planet anymore.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

This thread is stickied?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

But really its usually when I'm talking to someone (usually a christian) who is so freaking ignorant.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I think its really stupid how people in class who don't do work, pay attention, and know they're not good in the subject, are still shocked to find that they didn't pass.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Just the plain ignorance of people... or how a lot of people are so dependent on others. Like... they can't even think for themselves and just go google it... Or how the newbies on AG ask all the stupid questions that either have obvious answers or are covered in the stickies about 20 times. Things like that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I have such thoughts when I fall into occasional bouts of misanthropic melancholy due to a mixture of hormones and my heart. I.e Girl problems.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Woo Hoo! First stickied thread!

The fact that back in my kid days, 'hell' was the f word. And we used to play the board games, the little Thomas the Tank Engine trains, and everything else normal. Now you see kindergartners talking back to their parents, dropping F bombs, and playing CoD with their friends.

And while on the fact of Call Of Duty, everybody who plays it goes, "Maaaaaaaaaan, I can make a cool sniper, maaaaaaaaaaan. I'm awesome, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan."

News Flash, you don't respawn in the army. You die. And it's not for fun, it's for serving our country.

But they thinks it's all a game.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Woo Hoo! First stickied thread!

The fact that back in my kid days, 'hell' was the f word. And we used to play the board games, the little Thomas the Tank Engine trains, and everything else normal. Now you see kindergartners talking back to their parents, dropping F bombs, and playing CoD with their friends.

And while on the fact of Call Of Duty, everybody who plays it goes, "Maaaaaaaaaan, I can make a cool sniper, maaaaaaaaaaan. I'm awesome, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan."

News Flash, you don't respawn in the army. You die. And it's not for fun, it's for serving our country.

But they thinks it's all a game.

^That. Every single bit of it. Completely. Yes. Yes. Yes.
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

^That. Every single bit of it. Completely. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Somebody agrees with me...

And that's a problem. Nobody believes the truth even if I tell them a bajillion times! A while back, maybe in elementary, we were playing woofle ball in gym. At the time, I was 1st base for my baseball team. The girl on my team was playing 1st base, standing ON 1st base. You're supposed to stand a few feet to the right of first so there is no gap.

I told her this 1 THOUSAND TIMES, and she didn't believe me. I was this close to smacking her and saying, "MOTHERFUDGER! I HAVE PLAYED BASEBALL FOR MORE THAN 7 FUDGING YEARS!"
Rylo98
Rylo98
22 posts
Nomad

I don't want to live on this planet anymore because of those idiot drivers!!! and also because I got rejected a few days ago..... But mostly those idiot drivers!!!

Showing 1-15 of 277