ForumsThe Tavern"I Don't Want to Live on this Planet Anymore"

277 55661
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

What things in this world, you think are SO STUPID, you just wanna say "I Don't Want to Live on this Planet Anymore".

Pizza's a vegetable... Is that so?

• 277 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Global warming wasn't my point, and factories cause diseases and kill the environment in ways other than make a hole in the ozone, like that link mentioned.

Yeah, for example those water spots in China that in a few decades went from idyllic to covered by 30cm of industrial scum.

It's always good. Breathe in that lovely pollution; lovely jubbly! And no it wouldn't stop me from walking through the forest; I'd walk through the nature even if it was a risk killing me. There's always a risk of cancer from background radiation, so why not risk a little bit of meningitis for which they have a cure for?

I know 'risk zero' doesn't exist, but I can't enjoy walking through the forest if I know I'm in a high-risk zone to get my consciousness trimmed. If you can, good for you; I admire that. I've always been more of a watcher, not a do-er^^
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Global warming wasn't my point, and factories cause diseases and kill the environment in ways other than make a hole in the ozone, like that link mentioned.
Global Warming is not a hole in the ozone layer, that is deozonation. Global Warming is the trapping of sun rays underneath a blanket of greenhouse gases. Also, who gives a **** about a bunch of **** trees?
Have you ever heard of hunting? :P There are plenty of animals out there. If you just kill off all the humans (except for maybe a few you like), there would be more than enough food for you to eat that are just within some cages. Kill them, make a fire, eat the meat, etc. Not to mention that there are lots of farms. The economy wouldn't even matter in that case.
Don't be an idiot; the government isn't going to sanction mass genocide until there is a monumental crisis, duh...
I know 'risk zero' doesn't exist, but I can't enjoy walking through the forest if I know I'm in a high-risk zone to get my consciousness trimmed. If you can, good for you; I admire that. I've always been more of a watcher, not a do-er^^
Aw, shucks, you gonna make be blush...

^ ^
O O
-U-
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

BACK ON TOPIC EVERYONE!

I think these days music is stupid. Only half the kids in my school know who John Lennon is. The rest listen to the annoying pop songs of Ke$sha, One Republic, Lady Gaga, over and over and over again. It's stupid. It doesn't have a meaning. Beatles had meaning to their songs. Compare Hey Jude to We Found Love.

Hey Jude was created for John's son, who was going through his parent's divorce, while Rihanna made We Found Love for the money and the "fame".

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think these days music is stupid.

I could not agree more. I hope that there's a planet out there I can live on where you actually need some amount of musical talent to make it into the music world these days.
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

[quote]I think these days music is stupid.

I could not agree more. I hope that there's a planet out there I can live on where you actually need some amount of musical talent to make it into the music world these days.[/quote]

But I don't mean ALL music. Pop and rap are the ones I can't stand. It's auto tuned. Once you hear them live, they suck. Listen to One Republic live at the American Music Awards from the other day. Do they sound anything like they did on the radio? Now listen to Help! That's live, and good. Unlike anything else these days.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

How girls wanna be on 16 and Pregnant to be famous. How dumb people are.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I agree about the music these days. Most new rap I've listened to is auto tuned, and talking about things such as drugs, money, sex, their luxuries, etc.. Nothing I'd like to listen to.

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

How girls wanna be on 16 and Pregnant to be famous. How dumb people are
That's stupid... If you want to be famous to be pregnant then that person must lead one hell of a sad life...
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I agree about the music these days. Most new rap I've listened to is auto tuned, and talking about things such as drugs, money, sex, their luxuries, etc.. Nothing I'd like to listen to.

Agree. And they use the weirdest slang, too.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

And they use the weirdest slang, too.

Well classic rock had slang like "Cat" and "groovy". That's no reason to hate a genre.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

And they use the weirdest slang, too.

Well classic rock had slang like "Cat" and "groovy". That's no reason to hate a genre.
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I hate Grammar Nazis. People should be able to speak incorrectly at their own free will without having to worry about Grammar Nazis looking over their shoulder.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Here's another thing that drives me nuts.

People who bring god into everything. Buying groceries? Thank god that they had that in stock, thank god that it's only 5.99, thank god that the line out is not 30 minutes long, thank god the car is still there and not stolen, thank god that we didn't die in a car crash on the way home, thank god that the house key is still in your pocket, thank god that you didn't die tripping on the stairs bringing the groceries in. Blech.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

People who bring god into everything. Buying groceries?

It's just a figure of speech. I don't think most people actually "thank" God for a low price or a key in their pocket.

I've seen atheists and people of other religions use that expression without even thinking. I'm sure even I've done it from time to time.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

It's just a figure of speech. I don't think most people actually "thank" God for a low price or a key in their pocket.

I don't mind people using the expression, I mean people who use it that much like in my example. I've run into more than a few people like that at school who, no matter what it is, god must be thanked for it or attributed to it. Perhaps they are just overusing the expression, or really believe, I only know that either way it's annoying hearing it 20 times in an hour.

I've seen atheists and people of other religions use that expression without even thinking. I'm sure even I've done it from time to time.

I use it too, although mostly in a sarcastic manner.
Showing 61-75 of 277