ForumsThe TavernEnd of the World...is it going to happen?

158 24400
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

The numbers 2012 is not unfamiliar to us...It's already December of this year and it's the so called "end of the world" next year according the the Mayans and Nostradamus...

Who believes it's going to be the end of the world and if it really is...what will all of you do?

• 158 Replies
ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

The world is a sphere, it has no end.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Well eventually the sun will collapse and possibly explode so yes Earth the planet will cease to exist, unless we can find a way to move the planet by then (its still billions of years away).

Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

My theory is that the world will end from global warming. And it's all because some idiots in the world create multiple factories polluting the air melting the ice caps.

Oh and did you know cows and pigs are a huge sorce of methane which is a greenhouse gas that causes global warming? So we should also eat less cows and pigs.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

My theory is that the world will end from global warming. And it's all because some idiots in the world create multiple factories polluting the air melting the ice caps.

Nah, global warming will change the world for sure, but most certainly will not end it, as life already survived much worse events that earth threw at it. Besides we humans, though we influence it, are not causing global warming.

The really interesting question is, how will our society adapt to the changing conditions? One thing is for sure, we won't be able to go on the way we did up to now. So in some way, the human world as we know it will come to an end, but only because it will change (or maybe we will really die out, who knows).
ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

If global warming was injected with steroids all of the sudden and water levels rose to dramatic levels, then maybe we'd have something like Kevin Costner's Water World.

Jugg_Commando
Jugg_Commando
96 posts
Nomad

With all of the things that happen in this universe, I think that Earth will most likely be screwed over at some point. I don't know when and I don't know how but I am sure this planet will not be around forever.

Toejam
Toejam
38 posts
Peasant

Yes!!! i can't wait.http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8P0PQ4e0dR8sXNCsh88DiUrs3G4BmdKjfsDwkx3aOm7ZRn50jAJ1OqQck

Showing 151-157 of 158