ForumsThe TavernEnd of the World...is it going to happen?

158 24409
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

The numbers 2012 is not unfamiliar to us...It's already December of this year and it's the so called "end of the world" next year according the the Mayans and Nostradamus...

Who believes it's going to be the end of the world and if it really is...what will all of you do?

• 158 Replies
blackfurydragon
blackfurydragon
42 posts
Nomad

I don't believe it's gonna happen just 'coz they said so. Pfft, they couldn't even predict the day they became extinct. :d

Thuran
Thuran
71 posts
Peasant

I'm going to quote a comedian here...

The Mayans couldn't even see the **** spaniards comin'...Are we supposed to trust something they did that might not even be a prediction a thousand years later?
Thuran
Thuran
71 posts
Peasant

Besides... December 21st, 2012 is just when their calender ended. Think about it. WHY WOULD THEY NEED A CALENDER THAT GOES THOUSANDS OF YEARS INTO THE FUTURE?!

If that were the case, old cat ladies would have killed us all a long time ago with their "doom prophet kitten calenders" on their fridges.

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

doesn't this belong in WEPR?

Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

The Mayans don't count leap years so technically 2012 should have happened last year.

hardas12
hardas12
57 posts
Nomad

Personally, I dont think the end of the world is going to happen. But, there is some shocking natural events that are going to happen on 12/21/12. The planets are going to align in a certain way. Plus, the Mayans were never wrong about anything except for the Spainards, which lead to their own demise. But, they said we were going to drown, so maybe a meteor will hit the water and cause a huge tsunami. Also, the planetary alignment can cause the sun to burn brighter on the Earth, which could make the Arctic ice to melt. Although the odds of that happening that quickly are astronomical. Even though something will happen on 12/21/12, good or bad, it probably won't be the end of the world.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

A big stern, NO.
This is just a bunch of baloney.
Nothing of this sort has happened for thousands of years. What makes people think it'll happen now?

blueshrike
blueshrike
75 posts
Nomad

I don't believe that the end of the world is going to happen in my lifetime but I do believe that it will happen in a few billion years. If it were to happen in 2012 I would probably make the best of the time I still have to live.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

The Mayans don't count leap years so technically 2012 should have happened last year.

That sentence makes no sense. The Mayan calendar is not our calendar, it had to be converted. Meaning all the leap years were accounted for.
Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

That sentence makes no sense. The Mayan calendar is not our calendar, it had to be converted. Meaning all the leap years were accounted for.

No, they weren't. It should have been between seven or eight months ago.

Also, they Mayan calendar just RESETS, they didn't think the world would end. Quite the opposite.

But, yes, I DO believe the world will end eventually, but that is just facts. Meaning, When the sun expands in a few billion years and creates a hellish firestorm, engulfing the remainder life forms by the millions. Some may even vaporize.

Good day!
MetalHeart
MetalHeart
226 posts
Nomad

Jesus will come a second time to end it but when ? No one knows

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

The end of the world will definitely happen. But no one can say when. It is not for us to know.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

No, they weren't. It should have been between seven or eight months ago.

Yes they were, whatever day it is in the Mayan calendar is Dec 21, 2012 in ours. They didn't forget leap years.

Also, they Mayan calendar just RESETS, they didn't think the world would end. Quite the opposite.

The calendar is a series of circles, it doesn't begin, end, or reset. And they did say the world would "end", but it was more like the world would be reset.
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

-Sigh-
I believe the word 'Gullible', is what suits the believers of 2012.
It is, however, quite amusing to see how determined they are to say that they are going to die this year. Oh Joy!

-Fez

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

Man, If it doesn't happen in December, I'll be glad that life doesn't follow any guidelines, but seriously, if you have not yet accepted that the human species will go all but extinct in your lifetime (along with many other species), I hope you were raised catholic.

Showing 91-105 of 158