ForumsThe TavernEnd of the World...is it going to happen?

158 24403
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

The numbers 2012 is not unfamiliar to us...It's already December of this year and it's the so called "end of the world" next year according the the Mayans and Nostradamus...

Who believes it's going to be the end of the world and if it really is...what will all of you do?

• 158 Replies
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I think it could end in 2012 but it has the same chance as every other year. I do think the world will be destroyed sooner or later. Personally, I am a Christian so there is actually different stages to the end of the world that serve as warning signs. Plus, I do not think I will be there, the rapture would happen before anything got to out of hand.

dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

The mayans made calendars thousands of years into the future, so give them a break! You would be tired of writing calendars that far ahead into the future. The calendar could've ended today, and people would still say the world would end. Plus, haven't there been other &quotredictions" the would end? And none of those were true either.
So no, it won't end. We will wake up on 12-22-12 and nothing will have changed since 12-21-12

warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

somthings would have changed
1 everything that can move
2 the date
3 everyone will be terrified

Boldur
Boldur
52 posts
Nomad

Nothing will happened in december 2012. I do not think that there's going to be a end of the world.

Titan106
Titan106
24 posts
Peasant

I agree with dragonhunter422 the mayans made them so many years in advance maybe they got bored...

I don't think it will happen. =)

darkwolf1
darkwolf1
182 posts
Shepherd

I agree as well, it WILL not happen. Not by a long shot.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

of course it will end and soon

How do you know that?

but we can guess using the prophiceis of the end of the world

There has probably been one end-of-the-world-prophecy per year, on average, with all sorts of different ending scenarios. I don't think any of them are credible at all.

Personally, I am a Christian so there is actually different stages to the end of the world that serve as warning signs.

How will you recognize those 'signs'? You could interpret signs into every bigger earthquake happening. Don't think it will help anyone.

The mayan made their calendar to be cyclical. Just as the years and millenia in ours, for example. So it basically never ends.
DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

probbly in thousands of years

waterlinkedgirl
waterlinkedgirl
36 posts
Jester

I think that, in a few hundred years or maybe even less, humankind has lead themselves into destruction, as I am supporting the theory humankind will destroy itself.

I mean, look what we have done to this planet in such short time? The pace is just accelerating by every human that sees the light of life on this earth. I almost sound like I want to save this planet and destroy all humans before that happens... I almost sound evil, but then again, it is just what people see as evil.

Summary: Humans will lead themselves to destruction, but before that happens, I would want to annihilate all humans and save this planet.

kuffyruff
kuffyruff
207 posts
Jester

The world will end, eventually, but certainly not any time relatively close to 12/21/2012. Even if humanity does not destroy itself (as supported by many people) our own sun will expand to a Red Giant and devour our planet sometime in the next 10 billion years or so.

This is probably way off topic, but theoretically the orbit paths of the planets would actually move outward with the sun due to a decreased mass. We'd still die off though, as the transformation into a red giant would cause it to rapidly increase in temperature thus evaporating all water on Earth.

De1ta
De1ta
10 posts
Peasant

Of course, the planet Earth will eventually (~500 million years) cease to be habitable to the kind of life we are "used" to seeing (ie: Carbon-based, water-dependent).

But as for Human Society/Civilization/Species, if you look back at the history of the Earth, every other species has gone extinct (with the exception of those that are alive now, obviously) at some point, although, none of them (?) had ever developed Sentience, so it is possible that Humanity can leave this Earth eventually in the search of new planets to live on, although if this is impossible then Humankind of Earth is certainly due to extinction, be it at the hands of Nuclear War, Natural Disasters, or an as-yet-unknown cause.

godandd
godandd
1,285 posts
Nomad

In 5 billion years the earth will become ded. Luckily, well be out of the galaxy by than.

NotoriousJuicy
NotoriousJuicy
15 posts
Nomad

I don't think it will, so I will do nothing.

didierdrogba11
didierdrogba11
6 posts
Nomad

never

Wifle24
Wifle24
35 posts
Nomad

Definetely we just dont know when, i think next 300 years max. 2012 definetely not.

Showing 121-135 of 158