ForumsThe TavernEnd of the World...is it going to happen?

158 24404
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

The numbers 2012 is not unfamiliar to us...It's already December of this year and it's the so called "end of the world" next year according the the Mayans and Nostradamus...

Who believes it's going to be the end of the world and if it really is...what will all of you do?

• 158 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

(including Pluto!)

Pluto isn't a planet anymore, at least, not considered a full size one.

Anyway, all that you have mentioned is pretty much hypothetical. It sounds a little sensationalist, even if technology improves that much.
ForTheCity
ForTheCity
47 posts
Nomad

i really don't believe the world will just END. not buying into the theory either.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Eventually the "world" will end. In millions of years the Sun will engulf the inner planets when it turns into a Red Giant I believe it is called.

durge24
durge24
11 posts
Nomad

Well there will be the end of the world someday (sun will blow up in like 5 million years) But I think there's a good chance that it could happen next year, the Mians have been right before so who's to say they won't be right this time.

Piquilo
Piquilo
21 posts
Nomad

Only time will tell.

148725Nicosia
148725Nicosia
32 posts
Nomad

it says in the Bible that the end of the world will come "...like a theif in the night..." Also, you cant say that just because its in the Bible doesnt make it true because the Bible is a much more reliable source than a rock some archeologist dug out of the ground and beside the guy that thought of the Y2K theory, which he only did to make money, used dates that he randomly found in the Bible to provide the date for that and all the other world apocalypeses-and yes its been one guy thinking of all of these apocalypes theories.

148725Nicosia
148725Nicosia
32 posts
Nomad

and you durge24 or whatever it is the sun is expected to burn out in 5 billion years not five million and also no one is going to listen to your argument if you cant spell 'mayans' right. No offense.

148725Nicosia
148725Nicosia
32 posts
Nomad

and yes I know I made a few spelling errors myself but I was in a big spur of the moment thing and I cant change it after I post it

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

because the Bible is a much more reliable source than a rock some archeologist dug out of the ground

Actually...

And a rock dug out of the ground DIDN'T say the world would end in 2012. If it's some rock Mayan calender, then it just said that a b'ak'tun (144,000 days) ended and a new one started. Not the world ending. Just a really big party.

But I think there's a good chance that it could happen next year, the Mians have been right before so who's to say they won't be right this time.

There really isn't. Again, the Mayans didn't even say the world would end. Conspiracy theorists and crackpot scientists did.

it says in the Bible that the end of the world will come "...like a theif in the night..."

^That.
DonutCannon
DonutCannon
20 posts
Nomad

Let's think. If the Mayans thought the world would last forever, I'm pretty sure the calendar still wouldn't go to year infinity.

Gileneas
Gileneas
39 posts
Nomad

All I know is this: if the end of the world happens, and it is zombie related, assuming I'm not one of the initial airborne virus casualties, I'm so ****ing ready for it.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

All I know is this: if the end of the world happens, and it is zombie related, assuming I'm not one of the initial airborne virus casualties, I'm so ****ing ready for it.

Assuming you aren't a shambling corpse.
Spearman
Spearman
15 posts
Farmer

Lol, we can say the end of the world one year before, but we can't say the weather of tommorow!

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Well, the end of the world in my opinion is just some kind of prediction. If that happened it will happen in 2 weeks or so.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

The world will fly away

Showing 31-45 of 158