ForumsThe TavernEnd of the World...is it going to happen?

158 24408
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

The numbers 2012 is not unfamiliar to us...It's already December of this year and it's the so called "end of the world" next year according the the Mayans and Nostradamus...

Who believes it's going to be the end of the world and if it really is...what will all of you do?

• 158 Replies
ForTheCity
ForTheCity
47 posts
Nomad

i don't buy it either. didn't they say like planes, stock market, electronics will all crash on jan 1st, 2000? it didn't happen. neither will this.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

This thread is two days old, but thaboss really wants to point out that the Mayans DIDN'T predict the end of the world when their calender, despite so many people thinking that.

Read this. If not all of it, at least most. Please.

The only reason there is the slimmest possibility of the world ending on that date in thaboss's opinion is because we can't really predict anything at all, even if something is not probable, it is possible. The world could end tomorrow. Or 12/21/12. It could be of a solar flare. Or a giant mutant hamster. Only time will tell.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The doomsday date keeps changing. Why? Because whenever those idiot fanatics are wrong, they boot up the date.

EnixSquare
EnixSquare
23 posts
Nomad

Nah is a lie, seriously, to world is a sh*t but not that much xD

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Why do people insist that Nostradamus has predicted the world will end in 2012? Can anyone point me to where he wrote it, where he predicted it?

No, because he didn't write it. In fact, despite the modern day belief as Nostradamus being some great soothsayer, he has never predicted anything. Has nobody noticed that his texts are only referred to in hindsight? We interpret what he wrote to suit current day events, but only after they have happened, but we could do that with many authors or poets. How many authors wrote about boats sinking at the beginning of the 20th century but we don't presume they meant the Titanic do we?

As for the Mayans, this has probably been mentioned by now, but it is the end of their calendar. It doesn't mean we've reached the end of the world, it just means the Mayans need to make a new calender. Unless of course when a calendar ends, the world must end. In that case, tomorrow will be a bumpy time for most of the Western world.

exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

2012 is going to be a normal year without hmm... say APOCALYPSE!!!!!! and when they say they made a mistake its going to happen in 2013 we can wait around for a whole nother year and watch 2013 go by without any sign of the "apocalypse".

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

this could happen if we continue like this:
1) tsunami's
2) meteor storms
3) more earthquakes
4) volcano eruptions

there could happen more, i believe that the world is going to end, someday, but not necessarily in 2012

WE WILL DIE, and i will say: RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

this could happen if we continue like this:
1) tsunami's
2) meteor storms
3) more earthquakes
4) volcano eruptions

So no difference to any other year then?
younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

ohhh
there is difference mith other years
just more and more from that stuff
i kknow that there are already tsunami's, earthquakes and volcano eruptions, but there will be more of them.
i have never seen a meteor storm before, so i think that's a difference, don't you think?

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Meteor storms happen all the time, so no, there isn't any difference. Most disperse in the atmosphere, but there are times when they crash into the earth, it is just that they are not large enough to cause anything other than a small crater or a big splash when they hit.

Why would there be more tsunamis, earthquakes or volcano eruptions? Is there something you know that you're not telling us?

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

the hole in the ozone worsens the climate on earth every day
SO the climate becomes extremely hard, SO more tsunamis, earthquakes and volcano eruptions

Meteor storms happen all the time

i agree but if they are big enough then the earth could get burned of it
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

I suggest you have a look at a thread called Global Warming and have a look up at some of the evidence about climate change.

Its doubtful we have a planet killer on the way in the form of a meteor, but you never know.

BeowulfMarine
BeowulfMarine
39 posts
Nomad

Well...

The Bible tells that no one man can predict the end of the world.

Though, if the bible says no man/angel/whatever can know when God destroys the Earth or whatever the BS is, then, assuming he is real, can we not avoid Doomsday by saying "the world will end today," everyday?

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Meteor storms happen all the time

i agree but if they are big enough then the earth could get burned of it

Scientists are observing all the asteroids and meteors they can find, especially the ones 50m or more, or was it 5km?=/

Anywho, it is possible that scientists, with enough study, may destroy, or change the course of these asteroids.
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

Well, today it is 2012, and for me, nothing happened...
but this event is unpredictable.

Showing 61-75 of 158