ForumsThe TavernYour most painful physical experience

165 24303
Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

What is your most painful physical experience?

Mine has to be when I fell in a pile of broken glass, it felt like I was on fire.

• 165 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I was acting like a dumb butt and fell off a roof into a thorn bush. I now hate most plants with thorns.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

It's a tie. Either the time I had a major concussion while in the middle of playing a soccer game and kept playing for the rest of the game. Or when I tore my ACL

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Some of the waterpolo matches I played in. Cramped in one leg halfway through, had to keep playing, grappling with other guys underwater, i.e kicking the nether regions, rib jabs, nose punches, etc.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Hmm...either when I broke my wrist or slammed my finger in the car door.

SneakR
SneakR
88 posts
Bard

snapped my finger in half :/

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

U guys put me to shame. I have never broken any body parts or anything but...
When I was five I triped over the vacume hose at the stairs and belly flopped on the stairs and slid down on my stomach. I stopped after I went face first into a wall.
Fun

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Oh wait, repressed memory came to the surface. I was on my swing-set swinging and my friend threw a ball at me as I was going back. It hit me in the face and I tumbled out backwards and landed on my back on rocks in a rose bush. THAT is the most painful thing that's happened to me.

Fr0st6it3
Fr0st6it3
24 posts
Shepherd

Things only hurt when you are young. This way you are more likely to remember not to do it again.

On my first day at school, I was five a think, my father accidently close the front door on my fingers. It was also the class's picture this day and I remember trying real hard to smile with my nose still leaking and my eyes red.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Hmm. I haven't broken anything yet (Thank God), but I've come mighty close a few times. As to most painful, I'd have to say that it's a four-way tie of accidents I've had.
(ordered by age as best I remember)
1. (very young) Was so excited to be going to church that I straight ran in from the parking lot. Tripped inside, and went face-first into a pew. To this day the ridge of bone over my left eye has a permanent dent and a little slash where no eyebrow can grow.
2. (quite young) Was trying to break about a foot of ice in a bucket with a brick. Hauled off for a good swing, and caught my smallest finger in between. Went to the hospital, and that finger was swollen for a month or more.
3. (a little older) Riding a snow saucer on a steep grade covered in about an inch of solid sleet. Hit an oak tree sideways at full speed. Thought for sure I had broken my arm until I moved it.
4. (pretty recent). 1/4 ton (500lb) chunk of cast iron I was trying to salvage fell over on my leg. Had an almost egg-sized hematoma for six months.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

For me its either when I split open my chin falling off my bike, spraining my ankle so bad I couldn't walk on it, or when my knee cap decides to pinch a nerve. All three were/are really painful.

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

broke my both legs falling from the top of a tree

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i was playing by an empty play ground, got on a rock-art-thing and slipped. my mom said i made a salto but i can only remember landing hard on the ground. i didnt broke anything, i got only some blue spots on my skin. but it hurt for a short time like hell.

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Hmmmm must think. I got it, it was in the winter, i was walking minding my own business then WHAM a snowball to the face. While partially blind for the moment I slipped on some ice and fell into a thorn bush. I was very cold and the pain was really bad

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

I split my head in half (the top) when I was 5 had it glued back together, my second is when I landed face first into a kerb by falling over my bike handle bars almost lost my nose

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

mine would probubly be around a month ago.
i was running down the stairs to get ready for soccer ( btw i have steep stairs ) so i jumped off the stairs like I usually do but i landed funny and spranged my ankle and i couldnt go to practice

the other time would probubly be about 2 years ago, i was riding this bike at some island, and at home i have this bike were i peddle backwards to get it to stop but the bike i was riding had the breaks on top so i couldnt stop so i peddled backwards (didnt work) so i almost ran into a truck but i swerved out of the way and flew off the bike landed on some brick thing and hit me head and I shatterd my hands.

Showing 1-15 of 165