ForumsThe TavernYour most painful physical experience

165 24308
Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

What is your most painful physical experience?

Mine has to be when I fell in a pile of broken glass, it felt like I was on fire.

• 165 Replies
AequitasBU
AequitasBU
112 posts
Nomad

Breaking my arm while snowboarding and having to get it reset (AKA re-broken).

ForTheCity
ForTheCity
47 posts
Nomad

When I was practicing with a NCAA wrestling champ in hs, he took me down and i landed bad on my knee. tore something =/ Knee never recovered for about 2 years since i still wrestled after my injury. So now I feel i still have bad knees =[[[[

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Well, since I stay in the house a lot, I don't really get hurt that much, but anyway, mine would be when I fell off of a bike and smashed my arm when the bike fell on top of it. Didn't break or anything, but it hurt like hell for an hour or so.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

this one just happened few days ago !:

in our high school we had a soccer match between the best second year team (our class) and the teachers team ... we lost 2-4 (teachers cheated) anyways all the students ran into the players jumping on them !! unfortunatly i was in front line !! and got completly crushed !! thanks god no injuries but very painful !

elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

Mine would be when I split my skull open on my basement stairs. Had to get six stitches.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Before i had surgery to have my appendix removed there was an intense stabbing pain, and then when i was 7 i collided my bike into a parked car going a good 20-30 mph. I got up and got away in time, but it was NOT a good experience.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah. I was on vacation in Florida I think and I rented a bike. I was going pretty fast when some people on their porch waved at me. This distracted me and I was not used to the new bike, so I wiped out completly. Cut up both my knees and my palms and one of my elbows. Thankfully the people helped me up :P
This happened when I was like 10
It was also very embarrassing

gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

Hmmmm...One time I got run over by a lawnmower,(don't ask), I broke both of my wrists once I practiccal tor my calf mussle after soccer practice, And just recently, I fell on the floor playing basketball, and accidently got kicked in the face, and the day after, fell down a flight of stairs and twisted my ankle, and bruised both knees.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Wow there are too many to chose one. I started doing stunts on my bike at 7yo and crushed every fingers and toes and had so many road rash on my hands, arms, legs, knees, fell on broken glass, etc.
The worst was when I got sick, lost 31 pounds, spent 8 days at the hospital, lost all my muscles (I'm a biker), got out of shape but the pain didn't come from that, it came when I saw my hospital bill and then my insurance dropped me and I had to get a more expensive one.
That very painful when my wallet is empty all the time because of a HUGE debt that I have to repay. :/

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oh I just remembered another one.
I was playing soccer (I was goalie) without gloves in a gymnasium with a hockey net and two players started shooting at me during warm up. The balls were hitting the wall so hard behind me that you could hear the noise outside the gymnasium.
I was showing off and I blocked two hard shots at the same time but the one on my right hit my hand so violently that the tip of my fingers touched my arm (backward). I kept playing and rubbing my hand when all of a sudden, my wrist wouldn't move and it started swelling and then my legs felt weak and I broke into a sweat. I spent 13 hours in pain waiting in the emergency room.
That was bad.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

getting hit in the "soft spot" with a baseball . . .

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Brain tumour wedged in the third ventricle and advanced hydrocephalus pushing my eye balls out of my head.

Was really rather painful.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I'm lucky enough to not have had some freak accident that nearly killed me. A few that hurt me but nothing too serious.

Most painful was probably one of the times i got hit by a car. I was a stupid child who believed "Dodge" was a fun game. Apparently not always.

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Well, in terms of overall pain I would say that breaking my ribs was the most painful experience that I've had. Not being able to breath can really do a number on you. Though it was only barely more painful than shatter my knee... Needless to say I am not always the safest person.
I enjoy the thrills of life, and sometimes they come with a price.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i forgot my visit by the dentist. he made a root treatment. the pain after the narcotics effect went of...

Showing 16-30 of 165