ForumsWEPRAfter Death?

101 19742
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, what I want to know is what people think think will happen after they die. Do you believe heaven and hell, an endless limbo, reincarnation, etc.?

• 101 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

the mice would be scared of the mutated elepphants unless the mice are mutated and scare the mutated elephants.

the mice are scared of nothing. they are a alien race that has created humanity. they are the leaders of our doomed world. no mutated elephant is gonna scare the almighty mice.

Why?

my mom used to say:
because our soul will be send back to earth after we have lived whit god for a while.
that souls are going in a cycle. on earth while you live you make decisions that determine if you go to heavon or hell. and then after being their you return back to earth for a new "test"
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

the mice are scared of nothing. they are a alien race that has created humanity. they are the leaders of our doomed world. no mutated elephant is gonna scare the almighty mice.

Yep, we're the mice's guinea pigs in the research for the questions about life, the universe and everything. Yet we're not able to understand what the dolphins udnerstood long ago. (btw: 42!!!)
oke, but your still scared of mice =P

Never understood why people think elephants are scared of mice... thanks to cartoons I guess^^

my mom used to say:
because our soul will be send back to earth after we have lived whit god for a while.
that souls are going in a cycle. on earth while you live you make decisions that determine if you go to heavon or hell. and then after being their you return back to earth for a new "test"

I understand the idea behind karma and/or cycles of reincarnation until you reach Nirvana as taught by traditional religions, but... this? I don't get it. I'll have to ask the same question as 314d1.. Why? :P
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

That leads to several new questions.

1. Why?
2. Why do you believe that?
3. What evidence to you have to back this up?
4. How did she come up with this?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

and then after being their you return back to earth for a new "test"

Considering that no one remembers their time in heaven/hell, wouldn't they still go back to heaven/hell anyway?

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Never understood why people think elephants are scared of mice...

Mythbusters
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Considering that no one remembers their time in heaven/hell, wouldn't they still go back to heaven/hell anyway?

Even if they did, what's the point in repeating this over and over again, probably for all eternity? Does heaven actually get boring?^^

Mythbusters

It... it's... It's only 'lausible'!! ...dang
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Never understood why people think elephants are scared of mice... thanks to cartoons I guess^^

mythbusters and the hitchickers guide
you guys cracked my code already =(
(BTW it's 4 not 42. but thats my own answer for the question of life and everything etc. =P)

That leads to several new questions.

1. Why?
2. Why do you believe that?
3. What evidence to you have to back this up?
4. How did she come up with this?

1. i dunno
2. i don't, my mom did
3. as usual their is nothing to backup this kind of thinking =)
4. probably a spin of she came up whit sometime. i realy dunno.

it is however a reason to believe reincarnation is real.

again i dunno. but i guess so.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

i know she saw it more as a ongoing thing then as redoing. (is redoing a word?) also that god is still creating new souls and thats why the population grows.

she was somewhat of a philosopher, i guess thats where it came from.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

it is however a reason to believe reincarnation is real.

...Because your mommy told you? Is that what you are getting at?
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Because your mommy told you? Is that what you are getting at?

uhm.. i guess answer 2 from the 4 questions you asked will tell you the answerd for this =)

all i do/did is giving a reason why somebody could think reincarnation is real.
i never said i believed it is real.

i hope you understood this.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

What? That is a mechanism. A reason implies evidence.

i never said believers are logic thinkers.

That isn't a reason, there is no evidence behind it, that is just a story that never happened.

as many religious storys

Which proves your mom wrong, doesn't it?

i never heared her say that she will be alive forever.
neither did i post anything like that here on the forum.

i did hear here say and i pointed out on this forum.
that she believed that AFTER having lived on earth she will go to heavon or hell to spend time whit god or satan.
so that she is dead now has nothing to do whit proving her right or wrong.

i agree that you say she is wrong. i don't believe it either.
but this sure is not the reason why she is wrong. -period.

but if that is what you believe. then so be it.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

as many religious storys

So what is the reason?

i never heared her say that she will be alive forever.
neither did i post anything like that here on the forum.

But you said she thinks she would come back to life. Are you you without your memories?
i did hear here say and i pointed out on this forum.
that she believed that AFTER having lived on earth she will go to heavon or hell to spend time whit god or satan.
so that she is dead now has nothing to do whit proving her right or wrong.

You also said she said she would be reincarnated. And I assumed it would be soon.

but if that is what you believe. then so be it.

Is English not your first language, or do you just not understand it? You seem to have trouble understanding me.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

You also said she said she would be reincarnated. And I assumed it would be soon.

also did i not say she would be reincarnated but my mom said she will.

are you having a hard time remembering whit my mom said and what i said? because ive only writen down 3 or 4 sentences my mom told me.
it isn't that hard to see that.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Hey guys, break it up, and you, 314d1, stop getting in arguments/fights with anything anyone says, it's ok to get off topic, but don't judge anyones dead mom. And please don't copy this post, and write some ridiculous thing trying to insult somone, it gets old. I probably just sealed my fate telling you not to copy this, and you're probably going to take somthing completely out of text, but, you know, whatever.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

come on guys !! dont you think there is a reason for each one of us ??? you guys really think that we die we will just disapear ???? come on all this living all this being alive for nothing ?? there is a afterlife ! there is a heaven there is a hell !! just think a little !

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

come on guys !! dont you think there is a reason for each one of us ??? you guys really think that we die we will just disapear ???? come on all this living all this being alive for nothing ?? there is a afterlife ! there is a heaven there is a hell !! just think a little !

Isn't living this life meaning enough? Why should we be arrogant enough to assume we will have a continuation after death? If so, then why do we die?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

come on guys !! dont you think there is a reason for each one of us ???

Who said there's no reason at all? I've got my own personal reasons to stay alive, and so do all other living things (or else they wouldn't be, d'uh).

you guys really think that we die we will just disapear ????

Huh? Nothing disappears. We'll just stop being alive. Like an automaton whose circuits got too old to function (simply put).

come on all this living all this being alive for nothing ??

Who said it's for nothing? I enjoy being alive! I enjoy not being the only one alive! Life's beautiful etc. etc.

Who are you to despise your life to a point to wish it is only an intermediate phase? Just think about that. Death is what ultimately makes your life worth living. An afterlife would only devaluate life.

there is a afterlife ! there is a heaven there is a hell !!

You've been told so, and if you believe so, fine. Just don't think it's got to be the absolute truth for everybody. It's not.

just think a little !

I do. Do you? :P No harm meant of course.
Showing 76-90 of 101