ForumsWEPRAfter Death?

101 19740
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, what I want to know is what people think think will happen after they die. Do you believe heaven and hell, an endless limbo, reincarnation, etc.?

• 101 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

He he he. When debating, never let your emotions get the better of you, as you have just now. Of course, what you've said before cannot be classed as debating, can it? Debating is a mature, well worded thing. The nonsense that comes from your trap, on the other hand, is immature, spiteful, ********.
I stand by my words, and I stand by the idea of an afterlife. Your claptrap won't change that, so what's the point of you talking, 314d1?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I stand by my words, and I stand by the idea of an afterlife. Your claptrap won't change that, so what's the point of you talking, 314d1?

So your being closed minded to anything he has to say only on the grounds of how he is saying it?
DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

Haha.. there is hardly stopping these boys now Santi. I do agree with a lot you have said though.

I feel that a lot of people have the wrong kind of mindset when it comes to discussion, and that is that one side wants to "convince the other" that they are incorrect, while they themselves are being immensely stubborn and unwanting to admit any weakness in their own theories. In a discussion I feel that both sides should keep an open mind towards the other side's counter points and actively evaluate the question with your new found knowledge. A discussion is a place where people should be able to relax, think and share their believes on the subject. I also believe that discussions like these should not get personal.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

He he he. When debating, never let your emotions get the better of you, as you have just now.

This is no longer a debate. You didn't read my post, or respond to it, so the debate is over. It takes forever to right these things, so I am simply going to ignore you if you are to ignore me.

Of course, what you've said before cannot be classed as debating, can it? Debating is a mature, well worded thing.

You mean like your whole "I WILL BE THE ONE LAUGHING WHILE YOU BURN HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH" and "NO IMA RIGHT AND URA WRONG" is debating? I don't think you even read any of my posts.

It is a hobby. What is the point of you letting your ignorance show, you wish to leave a long lasting legacy of a moron?

In a discussion I feel that both sides should keep an open mind towards the other side's counter points and actively evaluate the question with your new found knowledge

An open mind is a good thing, as long as it isn't so open your brain falls out.

You may be correct that both sides should take in new ideas when it is a matter where both parties can be correct, such as a matter of opinion, as opposed to a matter of fact like this.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Oh my god, some of you are actually trying to argue the person's phrase with logic and not looking at what is implied. The only reason something is illogical is because of logic itself. Once logic contradicts itself the previous logic is no longer valid, in practical terms. So if it is impossible to gain every bit of knowledge, logic itself is illogical, because there is, and I quote "...an infinite amount of knowledge". So arguing logic is basically arguing something you don't know if either argument is true, or any common hypothesis. Now your even cursing! well, i tried.

DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

The only reason something is illogical is because of logic itself. Once logic contradicts itself the previous logic is no longer valid, in practical terms. So if it is impossible to gain every bit of knowledge, logic itself is illogical, because there is, and I quote "...an infinite amount of knowledge". So arguing logic is basically arguing something you don't know if either argument is true, or any common hypothesis

*takes a whiff*

*passes on blunt*

:P
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

*takes a whiff*

It's all Santi's fault!

*passes on blunt*

It's all Santi's fault!

:P

To be honest, I agree. Couldn't agree more.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*

DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*
*takes a whiff*

*falls to the ground twitching*.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Oh my god, some of you are actually trying to argue the person's phrase with logic and not looking at what is implied.

That the universe is actually working?

The only reason something is illogical is because of logic itself.

....Duh? If something doesn't follow logic, it is illogical.

Exhibit A. Illogical.

2+2= $_$

See? That didn't make any since, therefor it is illogical.

Once logic contradicts itself the previous logic is no longer valid, in practical terms

When has my logic contradicted itself?

So if it is impossible to gain every bit of knowledge, logic itself is illogical, because there is, and I quote "...an infinite amount of knowledge".

...What are you trying to say here? That because is impossible to know every fiber of the universe, you can't know everything and your argument is invalid?

That is a little bit like saying "ROBOCOP IS RIDING A UNICORN, THEREFOR YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!". It doesn't make any since.

So arguing logic is basically arguing something you don't know if either argument is true, or any common hypothesis.

Alright, how about we do a little test. I have something behind me right now. You don't know what it is. Should you assume that it is a chair, or a robot pirate dinosaur? Most logic would say "Well, he is probably sitting down, therefor there is a good chance he has a chair to his back". The religious people's logic here goes "Well, I think it would be cool if there was a robot pirate dinosaur behind him, so I will believe that is it.". Notice how the first one uses logic, while the second one uses wishful thinking. Logic wins.

Now your even cursing!

Oh no. Cursing? On a PG-13 forums? Next thing you know there will be minor violence involving little to no blood! Or I don't know, a drug reference of some kind?

well, i tried.

Tried what?
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oh, good on you, fools! Staying, or should I say straying on/off topic. I see this is going to get somewhere! Now, to those who don't know, much of that was sarcasm! Now you have degenerated this great topic into a discussion about logic. Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Do you not have lives, a dog to look after, a job to do? Can you not make sensical, meaningful conversations? Why turn this into a bloody debate where the only goal is to contradict everything the other side says without actually saying anything worthwhile.
*sigh*

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

First that's my line...sigh. Second, OK, sorry about the thing that I did trying to confuse you, let's just get back to talking about whatever you guys thinks happens after death. Third, 314d1, I was trying to explain, logic is impossible to fully understand, I wasn't challenging you, taunting you, act smarter, or anything, I just put that line in a post in a forum, and my bio, ok. Let's just get back to the topic. Thanks MasterForger, and to think this all started when I tried to stop comments that had nothing to do with the actual topic.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

"ROBOCOP IS RIDING A UNICORN, THEREFOR YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!".

I believe there is a meme for that

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/061/297/nickcage.jpeg?1279885944
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Second, OK, sorry about the thing that I did trying to confuse you, let's just get back to talking about whatever you guys thinks happens after death

That would explain why it made no since.

Third, 314d1, I was trying to explain, logic is impossible to fully understand, I wasn't challenging you, taunting you, act smarter, or anything, I just put that line in a post in a forum, and my bio, ok. Let's just get back to the topic.

What? No it isn't. If A happens, then B happens. If A doesn't happen, B doesn't happen. If C happens, D may or may not happen etc. It isn't that difficult to understand.

Yes. Yes there is.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

[quote]"ROBOCOP IS RIDING A UNICORN, THEREFOR YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!".

Yes. Yes there is.[/quote]

Pretty sure this is the exact one being used.
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu244/RastiMinato/invalidrobocopisridinga.jpg
Showing 46-60 of 101