ForumsThe TavernLeft-Handed

86 12619
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm left handed, and a bit ambidextrous. So I'm wondering who else is, and how things are different for you?

What I hate is if I'm writing in pen, then the side of my hand usually gets covered in ink.

• 86 Replies
bedauern
bedauern
29 posts
Nomad

A couple years ago, I broke my right arm. I then started to use my left hand to write in school, and I was not used to it at all. (trust me it's hard!!). My writing would be all over the place and hard to read. but a couple months went by and I start getting the hang of writing with my left hand, getting kind of good at. But my right arm heals, cast is off, so I switch back over to my right hand, and I now suck and writing with my left hand again. What a shame, I should have continued writing with my left hand because majority of the people in this world writes with their right hand, so boring to me. XD

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Makes sense. Tried to search something on this but came up with nothing, and I remembered my coach telling me about the pitchers point of view. But whatever *shrug*

Yeah it doesn't really matter. Potato, Puhtahto. Tomato, Tuhmahto.
-
I believe I saw this on a t-shirt once: "They say that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body. If so, that means left-handed people are the only ones in their RIGHT minds!" heh heh heh.
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I'm left-handed but i throw and do more things with my right instead..its so weird.

darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

I'm ambidextrous but my dominant hand is left...

I'm curious if the "left-handed people have 9 years shorter life span than right-handed people" myth is true O.o

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

When I was at school I had a substitute teacher who was ambidextrous. She started to write with her left hand and in the middle of the blackboard changed to right. The first time I saw it I was really surprised

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I always kind of wanted to be left handed.
I write with my right hand, but i do everything else with my left. Hmm.

JCCOOL
JCCOOL
63 posts
Nomad

WELL IM BEING ANNOYING RIGHT NOW BUT YA IM AMBIDEXTROUS !

Dont Kill Me
JCCOOL
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I'm curious if the "left-handed people have 9 years shorter life span than right-handed people" myth is true O.o

Well, I think that people who are left handed are obviously less common than people who are right handed. So most of the people who are lucky enough to reach an old age are more likely to be right handed. Just because of the ratio of left to right handed people.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

I'm right-handed, but am better at controlling the keyboard with my left hand. I'm also teaching myself to write with my left hand. And for those of you lefties that get graphite on your hand from writing.... That happens to my right one. I'm just really sloppy. x]

On a random note, when the words "left" and "Right" are used in the same sentance closely, as in "Left/right", I feel confused, frustrated, and have certain suicidal urges. I have no idea how that correlates to this subject, just thought i'd throw that out there.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I am a right-hand, but based on school results, left- handed people are smarter than right-handed...wierd...

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I'm left-handed to the point where the only thing I can do really well with my right hand is type and flick something. I'm serious, I can't even eat with my right hand, nor drink with it.

-Stephen

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

Sometimes with my friends, they want to be different so bad they will lie about the oddest things like their dominant hand. I know they are lying to. I wonder why people are left handed? I don't think anyone knows for sure.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I wonder why people are left handed? I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Nup, I answered this on page 3
darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Well, I think that people who are left handed are obviously less common than people who are right handed. So most of the people who are lucky enough to reach an old age are more likely to be right handed. Just because of the ratio of left to right handed people.

Oh I see...
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss writes with his left, but does many other things with his right, or both. Which is very helpful, because he wants to learn guitar but would not want to buy a left handed guitar.

Showing 46-60 of 86