ForumsThe TavernLeft-Handed

86 12618
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm left handed, and a bit ambidextrous. So I'm wondering who else is, and how things are different for you?

What I hate is if I'm writing in pen, then the side of my hand usually gets covered in ink.

• 86 Replies
Br1an143
Br1an143
11 posts
Nomad

Im ambidextrous......soooo yea 0_0

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Which is very helpful, because he wants to learn guitar but would not want to buy a left handed guitar.

If you have a guitar already, go to the nearest music shop and ask if it can be restrung for leftie. They'll tell you and you can restring it yourself or they might do it for you.
jangfei321
jangfei321
20 posts
Peasant

Well the good thing about left handed is that when you fap its a different feeling. If you know what I mean? haha

kitty25
kitty25
107 posts
Nomad

im not really left handed but i can do many things using only my left hand

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

my right hand is more "artistic" then my left hand. but my left hand is stonger

legoman228
legoman228
35 posts
Nomad

I am left handed even though i do a lot of things with my right. Whiteboards do not cooperate.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Ditto.

When I was 10, and I had to write on the white board, it came out all...
night-marish to say the least.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I'm left-handed but i do a lot of other things with my right hand.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I am ambidextrous. I can eat and write with both hands.
Naturally I am right handed, but I do a lot with my left hand.
I fell from a tree when I was about 8 or 9. I sprained my right hand, leg, ankle and back really bad. So bad that if I had fallen from any higher or had been any weaker I would have broken my back, leg, ankle, and wrist.
While I recovered I had to use my left hand. I had no choice. So, I got really good with my left hand.
So now I'm ambidextrous thanks to an injury. I win in the end!

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Wow, true optimism.

A lot of my family was born either left-handed or ambidextrous. That looks really lame under your post now.
lol

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

I am ambidextrous. I can eat and write with both hands.
Naturally I am right handed, but I do a lot with my left hand.
I fell from a tree when I was about 8 or 9. I sprained my right hand, leg, ankle and back really bad. So bad that if I had fallen from any higher or had been any weaker I would have broken my back, leg, ankle, and wrist.
While I recovered I had to use my left hand. I had no choice. So, I got really good with my left hand.
So now I'm ambidextrous thanks to an injury. I win in the end!

that sucks for the falling part but so cool about the both hands thing!.killersup broke his right arm when he was in 1st and had to write with left so now he is not to bad at doing stuff the left handed way.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Good for your family, Santi.

Wow, is killersup ambidextrous too?

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

We're like one big (slightly disfunctional and accident prone) family.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

It's really weird for me because my whole family is right handed in everything...but im left handed.I throw with my right,but i eat and catch with my left.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm a lefty through and through. Which is really annoying because most doctors are right-handed so if they're teaching procedural stuff, they teach it right-handed. As a result I don't really know what hand I prefer to use when stitching people up and the like, I just go with whatever feels right!

I also get annoyed at ergonomic implements like scissors which are biased for the right-hand. Similarly, I dislike golf because all the stock clubs at the range are right-handed and I could not be bothered to fork out over a grand for a set of my own clubs (playing golf is boring anyway lol). On the plus side it's great for playing tennis and fighting sports because one can easily throw the opponent off with the altered timing, reach and stroke. As a fighter I switch stances frequently anyway, and my guard is strong no matter which side I might be facing.

A favourite game of mine is to see how long it takes for somebody to notice I'm left handed. With my colleagues it takes an average of two weeks to a month. Some of them keep noticing it again and again, lol.

Showing 61-75 of 86