ForumsThe TavernQuestions you just can't answer

155 21942
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

Any questions you have that just can't be answered?

Like: What is the speed of darkness?

• 155 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

A 25%
B 50%
C 75%
D 25%

33% because there's 4 answers but two are the same so there's only 3 different choices. (Answerable)

Try this one.

How do you know that the color I see as "red" isn't your "blue?" How do you know that we don't all have the same favorite "color" but we see the colors differently?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

How do you know that the color I see as "red" isn't your "blue?" How do you know that we don't all have the same favorite "color" but we see the colors differently?

Psychological and philosophical answer.

Biological answer.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Psychological and philosophical answer.

Didn't really pertain to my question. This was more about how colors affect our mood, performance, and behavior and summed up with, "We have a lot more to learn."

Biological answer.

This was on the right subject, but didn't give an answer as well. It basically copped out and said it's irrelevant because our experiences won't be the same even if we are seeing the same "blue," and that we don't know anyways.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Didn't really pertain to my question. This was more about how colors affect our mood, performance, and behavior and summed up with, "We have a lot more to learn."

To be fair, I misinterpreted your punctuation in that manner.

This was on the right subject, but didn't give an answer as well. It basically copped out and said it's irrelevant because our experiences won't be the same even if we are seeing the same "blue," and that we don't know anyways.

Again to be honest, the more pertinent paragraph is the photoreceptor one. I suppose you can argue that examining photoreceptors, their numbers, and their position can help you answer your question. After all, dissection has been the key that helped scientists understand how animals view the world. If our eye balls are all structured the same way, then it should be more or less the same. We all have the same three kinds of cone cells that corresponds to red, blue and green wavelengths of light.
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

If the Universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

If darkness is black, and darkness is also devoid of light, and color is the reflection of light... why do so many people say black is a color?

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

If the Universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

Well, according to the scientific community, it is expanding into nothing at all. Hard to really wrap your mind around but apparently they have a theory that says space can expand into nothing at all. I personally think it is expanding into "undeveloped" parts of space that just hold nothing in them yet...

A better question would be do these undeveloped parts of space hold any mass? Even though there is nothing in it?
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

If God made us in his imagine why can i get shot in the face and die when God never dies?

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

When people ask me how I don't get more girls. I just have no response.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Why is white-out called "white-out" if it's used to cover up everything that isn't white?

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

what is at the end of a black hole if someone would survive it?

if a zombie apocalypse breaks out, would they starve to death if they would not find any food?

what is the meaning of life?

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

if a zombie apocalypse breaks out, would they starve to death if they would not find any food?

Who the zombies? If yes, they feed off the flesh of the living and dead

Its a paradox where we are pawns on a grand scale of chess. we can choose to move in an accordinaly fashion or **** **** up. YOLO
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

what is at the end of a black hole if someone would survive it?

A giant mouth that spits you out somewhere else in the universe. Just like when you get sucked up by a tornado.
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

42 (cookie for anyone who gets it.)

If someone asks you if you lie, and you lie and say yes, is your answer a lie or true?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Do I look fat in this? (If you have a sister or a girlfriend, you know this answer can only have one result)

You cannot say yes (everyone knows the results of that answer,) if you say no, she will think your saying she is skinny, and she will then think that you're saying she is ugly, and you get the same result as if you had said yes... So, your just better off not answering at all.

If someone asks you if you lie, and you lie and say yes, is your answer a lie or true?

Well, considering the fact that everyone lies, it would be the truth if you said yes, but most people would lie and say no.
Showing 106-120 of 155